The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What did you do to your Suburban Today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=680126)

rocknss 09-08-2016 05:59 PM

Re: What did you do to your Suburban Today?

2 Attachment(s)
Installed new fuel line from pump to Carb and went on a short trip to Home Depot.

Dutch Yellow Sub 09-10-2016 06:03 PM

I'm trying to fit a hydro-boost form a G20 '90ies in my '72 C10 Suburban....
started out to switch to electrical fan since my fan-clutch gave out completely and nearly had the fan flying off.... :uhmk:
And now I have a bit more working space I will put in a different propane setup (I only drive propane, all gasoline stuff is out) a swich from OMLV to Impco 300A
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GD...=w1131-h636-no

3drburb 09-10-2016 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took it out yesterday to a weekly local car show.

Twisted78SS 09-12-2016 11:21 AM

Worked on Goldmember Sat, secured all the wiring and sensor leads back to front for the Accuair, installed the shock re-locators out back, and fixed the radio opening where the original owner had installed a F*rd radio some years ago.. Sanded the dash in prep for a new coat of paint too. Of course I forgot to take pics for most of it.
Just this one;
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/...e70681_z_d.jpg

I'll update the build thread this week. Waiting on a few small parts, so in the meantime I am going to finish getting the engine and trans together.

highwinger 10-17-2016 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my hidden installed so I could get this motorcycle tow dolly so I could take either to the shop myself. I'd expect to still rent a trailer on longer trips.

Average Joe 10-17-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwinger (Post 7744804)
I got my hidden installed so I could get this motorcycle tow dolly so I could take either to the shop myself. I'd expect to still rent a trailer on longer trips.

Thats a slick idea! I have never seen a contraption like that.

highwinger 10-18-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Average Joe (Post 7745118)
Thats a slick idea! I have never seen a contraption like that.

There's a few out there. Most do not have a pivot point which makes the bike lean on turns and jack knife in reverse. This one (www.tow-ster.com) is one of the couple that pivots. It's a nice design. Since the burb is lowered a few inches, this one drags on the ground pretty easy. It has a built in 45deg section that lowers it some...enough to drag on places that have a little elevation transition to them...like the bike shop I took it to.

Bigdav160 11-10-2016 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alignment and tire balance.

highwinger 11-14-2016 09:23 AM

I finally got the noise out of the drive train. I was hearing & feeling a tire speed related clunking noise mainly when I back up & turn. Finally replaced the diff oil & additive. She's smooth again. Rear brake job tomorrow. 3rd door rocker being addressed of the thanksgiving week.

Hart_Rod 11-14-2016 10:43 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Got the exhaust installed.

WannaBe68 11-15-2016 09:53 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Finally had a few minutes late yesterday to give my Rally's a face lift. From 10-15' they look presentable, but you pull off the beauty ring and cap and they are pretty beaten up. I cleaned them really well - sanded the heck out of them without going too deep. Cleaned them again and used card paper for a "mask" then using Eastwood's "Silver Argent" I gave them 3 coats. Personal opinion here, but they turned out great :metal:

ranger danger 11-15-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 7768126)
Got the exhaust installed.

Please tell me more about your fuel tank!!!

Bigdav160 11-15-2016 10:17 AM

I think it is this one

Hart_Rod 11-15-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger danger (Post 7768956)
Please tell me more about your fuel tank!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdav160 (Post 7768965)
I think it is this one

That's it!

ranger danger 11-15-2016 09:38 PM

Kool thanks. WOW....$900!!

Twisted78SS 11-16-2016 04:08 PM

No actual progess per se.... But I have found the old girl some new motivation :lol:

My son and I found an LM4 tucked in a 2003 Trailblazer last week. I was heading out of town, but he took off work the following day and spent not only that day, but a few hours the next removing it for me. needless to say, if you have ever worked on a Trailblazer 4x4, you know there isn't much room to begin with. Add to that the typical wrecking yard (just drop the vehicle on the ground setup) and you have a few hours added to any removal.
So, this all aluminum 5.3L is going into the burb after just some major cleanup and cam swap.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5682/...8ed55d_z_d.jpg

RoadDawg 11-18-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaBe68 (Post 7768952)
Finally had a few minutes late yesterday to give my Rally's a face lift. From 10-15' they look presentable, but you pull off the beauty ring and cap and they are pretty beaten up. I cleaned them really well - sanded the heck out of them without going too deep. Cleaned them again and used card paper for a "mask" then using Eastwood's "Silver Argent" I gave them 3 coats. Personal opinion here, but they turned out great :metal:

Nice job! These wheels look so right on our trucks.

WannaBe68 11-20-2016 08:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadDawg (Post 7772023)
Nice job! These wheels look so right on our trucks.

Thanks Dawg... Yeah, I love how these wheels look on the ol' Sub. They are completely different now! I mean night and day different.

highwinger 11-29-2016 02:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I replaced my cargo door rocker, patched some door spots and the panel between the rocker and rear wheel well. That was about 7 days worth actually.

Bigdav160 12-12-2016 05:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did it now.

Took my hatch apart. What was GM thinking spot welding the flange under the crimped edge. It's very difficult to find the welds under the rust. Got it apart though. The plates for the hinges are cracked. Fortunately I don't have a lot of rust through and didn't mess the exterior piece up too much.

Bigdav160 12-17-2016 08:54 AM

I am going to add, I sand blasted the two halves of the hatch and the inside piece looks like swiss cheese.

Looks like I'll be making patches this weekend and striking up the TIG torch.

Bigdav160 12-21-2016 01:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Today I decided to start making patches and welding up the holes in the inner hatch panel. Yesterday I went nuts and started cutting out rusty metal. Uncovered an old repair we're they riveted and brazed another layer of metal over a dent in the right rear corner.

HO455 12-21-2016 10:39 PM

WOW! That's major surgery. If you don't mind my asking how are you going to hold the hatch pieces when you reassemble them so the hatch won't warp? Are you going to apply a rust stopper of some sort before you put it all back together? Keep up the good work and please keep posting.

Average Joe 12-24-2016 02:18 PM

Careful Bigdave, the snowball is picking up speed! lol

Nice work though!

4shongo 12-27-2016 10:43 AM

I installed a sweet set off chrome plated aluminum fabricated tall valve covers yesterday. SOOOO much better than the cheap ones I had on there before. Really cleaned up the engine bay. Ill try to post pics soon!!!