The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

special-K 02-04-2022 07:27 AM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Dagnabbit, I meant to quote you, too. They say small blocks are cold blooded. Just means they like a good warm up to smooth out. I haven't had a choke hooked up on my '72 in ages. Just press pedal once, and I mean only once, and crank it. hit the pedal again and you'll be popping the hood to shut the butterfly again. Don't need no steenkin choke! Maybe up your way I'd go ahead and get a link rod for it. Funny how the Chevys will start and the "other makes" didn't

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC (Post 9029653)
Dana

That didn't happen in one day!
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9029654)
I had to go to the Post Office today. They wont deliver to my house in Weldon because of the dirt road. If it doesn't fit in my mailbox at the end of the road I have to pick it up. I don't mind, it's close, and they all know me and are real friendly. There's never a line (small town) Just the occasional old bity that won't stop talking. I never say anything. I respect my elders. And it takes quite a bit to be older than me.

My wife said that we probably had a couple packages there.

I walked in and said that my wife said that we may have a couple of packages.

They started laughing and said "you're going to need to borrow a box Paul'.

It seems that my wife went on a little shopping spree on the internet.

I'm going to return the box tomorrow. My wife told me that there was more coming tomorrow. :smoke:

You might need to hang on to that box another day!

Boog 02-04-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC (Post 9029653)
Dana

She put up the good fight!

mr.mud1 02-04-2022 08:56 AM

that reminds of a story where a fella told a buddy how someone had stolen his wife's purse and wallet.the guy said "how cow,hope you've reported it to the police" heck no,the guy said,whoever has doesn't spend near as much as my wife??

72c20customcamper 02-05-2022 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Sun coming up over the mountain in my back yard . 11 degrees at the moment

special-K 02-05-2022 11:57 AM

Pretty.

Got power?

72c20customcamper 02-05-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9030392)
Pretty.

Got power?

Surprisingly yes we do . Not even a flicker .

special-K 02-05-2022 07:18 PM

Good to hear. Makes sitting inside looking at all this much more enjoyable

'63GENIII 02-05-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9029641)
This morning.

Pretty sure the thermometers in our cars don't even go that low here. I have seen "ICE" displayed once on the Yukon.

special-K 02-05-2022 08:31 PM

Are ECMs in Southern California required to be CTRB compliant? (California Temp Resources Board)

72c20customcamper 02-05-2022 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '63GENIII (Post 9030538)
Pretty sure the thermometers in our cars don't even go that low here. I have seen "ICE" displayed once on the Yukon.

Ya 10 ° out and my Envoy tells me "Ice possible" no poop like I didnt know water turns to ice below 32 ° . I think they put all this crap in cars to keep the IT division busy

Mike80D 02-05-2022 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Caught this one out in the wild

65truckowner 02-05-2022 10:14 PM

Id say the ring and pinion has had it

Steeveedee 02-05-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9030567)
Are ECMs in Southern California required to be CTRB compliant? (California Temp Resources Board)

Electronic Counter Measures are outlawed in California. The CHP gets all soggy and hard to light, about them. :P

Killer Bee 02-06-2022 05:50 PM

pursuing other hobbies lately, figured I'd check in :)

recently found a good deal on a very rare proprietary mount LAM..

more expensive and difficult to find than extreme bends :lol:

curved back with thumb wheel locking stud fits MARK 23 trigger guard only..

original USSOCOM model :flag:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/rrgmynh81mu..._2296.jpg?dl=0

surprisingly this little gem I bought directly from the factory in '09 is even more rare..

although also proprietary, still not as valuable as it doesn't fit USSOCOM model..

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/u8s982tqfi6...22222.jpg?dl=0

but they do make an attractive couple, both great collectors for my kids some day :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/p1t47rcfv29...22361.jpg?dl=0

Ol Blue K20 02-07-2022 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9030902)
pursuing other hobbies lately, figured I'd check in :)

recently found a good deal on a very rare proprietary mount LAM..

more expensive and difficult to find than extreme bends :lol:

curved back with thumb wheel locking stud fits MARK 23 trigger guard only..

original USSOCOM model :flag:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/rrgmynh81mu..._2296.jpg?dl=0

surprisingly this little gem I bought directly from the factory in '09 is even more rare..

although also proprietary, still not as valuable as it doesn't fit USSOCOM model..

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/u8s982tqfi6...22222.jpg?dl=0

but they do make an attractive couple, both great collectors for my kids some day :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/p1t47rcfv29...22361.jpg?dl=0

I thought you disappeared!.....;)

special-K 02-07-2022 07:59 AM

Me too. Was about to start asking around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9030625)
Electronic Counter Measures are outlawed in California. The CHP gets all soggy and hard to light, about them. :P

ECM = Engine Control Module in my post. That's the only term I know for computers in vehicles since I've never had to work on anything newer than '95. Back then people were able to figure out how cold it was all by themselves :lol:

LT7A 02-08-2022 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lego Longhorn ?!?

dave6672 02-09-2022 09:06 AM

:lol: I like it.

special-K 02-09-2022 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9029716)
She put up the good fight!

That rear still moving that vehicle was like an old man with one tooth eating steak! :lol:

Makes me wonder why the state of Maryland started cracking down on the misuse of historic registration. "So this is your cherished beloved classic?" :lol:

Attachment 2166563

To be fair, it does look like this car was in good shape, they did stop making the Saturns, it's been some years now, I can see them as a special interest segment, and this damage may have (more than likely) recently occurred to the owner's dismay, with the car already being registered historic. I certainly have seen more clear-cut examples of abuse. Cars that would never pass a safety inspection, or emissions, to be properly registered. So, snuck under the radar by registering as historic, with no inspections required. The cops can't even give a repair order, since inspection is not required in the first place. I mean, back in the '30s some cars only had one tail light or even later vehicles had no turn signals.

Stocker 02-09-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9032328)
I mean, back in the '30s some cars only had one tail light or even later vehicles had no turn signals.

As long as your driver's side window rolled down and your left arm was functional, you had turn signals -- and a stop light! :lol:

Boog 02-09-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9032340)
As long as your driver's side window rolled down and your left arm was functional, you had turn signals -- and a stop light! :lol:

Legally too!

FleetsidePaul 02-09-2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9032340)

A middle finger is functional while driving as well.

FleetsidePaul 02-09-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9032328)
That rear still moving that vehicle was like an old man with one tooth eating steak! :lol:

Makes me wonder why the state of Maryland started cracking down on the misuse of historic registration. "So this is your cherished beloved classic?" :lol:

Attachment 2166563

To be fair, it does look like this car was in good shape, they did stop making the Saturns, it's been some years now, I can see them as a special interest segment, and this damage may have (more than likely) recently occurred to the owner's dismay, with the car already being registered historic. I certainly have seen more clear-cut examples of abuse. Cars that would never pass a safety inspection, or emissions, to be properly registered. So, snuck under the radar by registering as historic, with no inspections required. The cops can't even give a repair order, since inspection is not required in the first place. I mean, back in the '30s some cars only had one tail light or even later vehicles had no turn signals.

How do you get historical plates on a Saturn? I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get them on my 1950 Packard???

72c20customcamper 02-09-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9032509)
How do you get historical plates on a Saturn? I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get them on my 1950 Packard???

NY it just needs to be at 25 years old. Non of my vehicles have them no real benefit here just you can use a plate from the year your car was manufactured. And they charge you 25 a year more every year just like a vanity plate

special-K 02-09-2022 09:36 PM

In Maryland a vehicle only has to be 20 years old and there is no safety inspection. That is the advantage. If you've owned the vehicle since it had regular tags, then there is no advantage. Our vehicles only get inspected when title changes hands. There are no annual or semi-annual inspections. Do it once at first and you are done with inspections, unless you get pulled over for faulty equipment. Then you only have to get the item repaired listed on the ticket, and have that inspected.