The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A different approach to a LWB to SWB conversion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=667694)

darkhorse970 10-23-2015 04:37 AM

Re: A different approach to a LWB to SWB conversion

Outstanding work! Thanks for the tutorials and pics!

EZ SPEED 10-26-2015 01:01 PM

amazing !! care to share how you matched the paint?

88Stanger 10-26-2015 03:32 PM

My good Sir, you are a craftsman! This is awesome!! To me, the best part is the side marker lights and the made dies, that is just awesome!!! Thanks for taking the time to share!
I too converted from LWB to SWB but in the C-10. I really like the way you did it! and may I say, good job on allowing others to tell you their opinion(s) and not take it personal. I think there are good intentions meant with each.

ak808 10-27-2015 12:47 PM

Outstanding! Anyone who has not read his COE build, needs to make a pot of coffee and pull out the reading glasses as well. Unbelievable!

Speaking, of the COE, we want more update and pictures!

flashed 10-27-2015 02:43 PM

Is there a link to the COE build .

ak808 10-27-2015 04:02 PM

I didn't post it just because I was thinking he may not want it blasted all over the internet....

that being said... it was allready posted in this thread, and hopefully I am not stepping on toes posting it again.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...rd-coe.818388/

Carlitosway 10-28-2015 03:52 AM

:metal:great post!

01chevduramax 10-28-2015 10:22 AM

He is so nonchalant about how badass his skills are. If I could do this I would be impossible to be around lol. I can't even drill spot welds, and take things apart without destroying everything!

b.sharp 01-11-2016 09:58 PM

Great job on the truck.

72MARIO 01-12-2016 08:54 AM

I met a guy that shortend his 1 ton crew to a short box over 20 years ago same welding methods. He uses the truck to haul a trailer from Ontario to Arizona no cracking yet...the truck is also cummins power ed

New_70'C10 02-03-2016 03:16 PM

Great job on all of your work. I couldn't help but notice your butt weld and how others didn't really agree with it but you definitely did it the right way and from what all I've read on here you won't have any issues with it.

Keep up the great work and awesome projects.

Coursey 03-23-2016 04:41 PM

Great job. I just bought a 69 LWB factory bucket and ac truck. I need to have this done. I am wanting to save the original patina. Let me know if you would be interested.

Bagd72Chevy 03-24-2016 06:14 PM

Nice work! Really admire you sheetmetal skills there

-Ryan

manimal 03-24-2016 10:35 PM

Amazing work!!!

Bomp 03-24-2016 10:56 PM

Awesome job on the bed.

kehstr 03-24-2016 11:00 PM

This is awesome!!!!

stsalvage 03-25-2016 09:04 PM

Today's thought but tomorrows bagging rights.Now most back in the 1970's -80's took 1967-72 SS and RS camaro's and turned them in to something they should of not of I have a guy in one town over had a 1969 DZ 302 camaro chopped it up and turned it into a drag car he still has it.I visit him ever so often have a bear and talk about the car.

Every time he starts of what in the hell was going throw my mind to cut up a 80,000 car he picked up in 1977 for 500.00 it was bone stock with all the factory parts 302 4 speed and 1 bent fender its was Blue and white.

Ya i know every one wants a short bed most of the guys that Cut them up do it for profit not for them self.

Now in 10 -15 years these trucks will be looked a pone as a mere Joke No street crud meaning you have a Modified hot rod.Some guys feels these trucks will fetch 25,000 like to see one pass Beret Jackson auction block.Most guys feel that the factory short beds will get a bad name.

Now this one dose make sence but most guys know that if you had a 4X4 blazer and you converted it to 2 wheel drive they fetch a little more money.They do but all you did was take out the 4X4 stuff No cutting or altering the body.

I own factory short beds i'm not a short bed fan but i own some and had them for 10 years.I like the long beds.

But who am I been in the scrap and salvage business for over 25 years had all the camaro's from 1967-73 all the nova's but 1967 had over 25 Chevy trucks now down to 12.

I hate massive Modified to these trucks take the drip rails off chopping the cab Lambo doors Caddy tail lights.

seen them come and go most wide up in my hands or the scrap yard.Trust me your guys are almost down to the rusted junk piles and China re-pop parts.

But We all have are things to make money and look cool.How many of you guys remember the mini truck stage You see any more of them with the tilt beds Nisson Toyota ford Currier Chevy Luv's

Any of you have one of them still what they aren't cool any more ya there all in the scrap Yard or in your back yard rusting away.What a hobbie

BigMike 03-26-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stsalvage (Post 7535523)
Today's thought but tomorrows bagging rights.Now most back in the 1970's -80's took 1967-72 SS and RS camaro's and turned them in to something they should of not of I have a guy in one town over had a 1969 DZ 302 camaro chopped it up and turned it into a drag car he still has it.I visit him ever so often have a bear and talk about the car.

Every time he starts of what in the hell was going throw my mind to cut up a 80,000 car he picked up in 1977 for 500.00 it was bone stock with all the factory parts 302 4 speed and 1 bent fender its was Blue and white.

Ya i know every one wants a short bed most of the guys that Cut them up do it for profit not for them self.

Now in 10 -15 years these trucks will be looked a pone as a mere Joke No street crud meaning you have a Modified hot rod.Some guys feels these trucks will fetch 25,000 like to see one pass Beret Jackson auction block.Most guys feel that the factory short beds will get a bad name.

Now this one dose make sence but most guys know that if you had a 4X4 blazer and you converted it to 2 wheel drive they fetch a little more money.They do but all you did was take out the 4X4 stuff No cutting or altering the body.

I own factory short beds i'm not a short bed fan but i own some and had them for 10 years.I like the long beds.

But who am I been in the scrap and salvage business for over 25 years had all the camaro's from 1967-73 all the nova's but 1967 had over 25 Chevy trucks now down to 12.

I hate massive Modified to these trucks take the drip rails off chopping the cab Lambo doors Caddy tail lights.

seen them come and go most wide up in my hands or the scrap yard.Trust me your guys are almost down to the rusted junk piles and China re-pop parts.

But We all have are things to make money and look cool.How many of you guys remember the mini truck stage You see any more of them with the tilt beds Nisson Toyota ford Currier Chevy Luv's

Any of you have one of them still what they aren't cool any more ya there all in the scrap Yard or in your back yard rusting away.What a hobbie

HUH? I don't know what the point was because you are all over the place. :uhmk:

deejaaa1 03-29-2016 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmike (Post 7536427)
huh? I don't know what the point was because you are all over the place. :uhmk:

x2.........

FASTDYNA 03-31-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65standard (Post 7158124)
Other side.

awesome your a artist

truknut 03-31-2016 07:52 PM

Awesome work. Wish someone local could do that to my truck. I have a patina 67 lwb chevy that I want to do that to convert to swb..

STOCKISH 08-27-2016 08:00 PM

Great work man, turned out amazing!

rustytruck50 08-30-2016 10:41 PM

:jdp::jdp:Thank you for rendering me speechless and leaving me slack-jawed!!!
Amazing work!!

paulkaminskijr 01-16-2017 10:25 AM

"Here are my scribe lines on the front of the bed side. One for cutting and one for tipping over the edge."

I'm curious how much material you left to tip over the edge, looks like an inch?

65standard 01-16-2017 06:00 PM

7/8"

I marked two lines, the fold line is 12" from the front edge.
The cut line is 11 1/8" from the front edge. This leaves 7/8" to fold over for the hem joint.