The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   sweet huge cars, 2 or 4 door, gm, ford, anything goes, lets see some pics (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=143833)

dave6672 02-03-2022 04:23 PM

Re: sweet huge cars, 2 or 4 door, gm, ford, anything goes, lets see some pics

Nice, especially being a 2 door. Does it have a 394?

mr.mud1 02-03-2022 06:47 PM

thanks Dave,Dale.it's a nice car,only took 10 years to put it back together,it's a long story but it's on the road again where it belongs,runs like a dream,all the original drivetrain,rebuilt and reinstalled.take care,all the best.Greg

Willowrun 02-03-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 9029259)
My 68 Olds 98 that was sitting in a garage for 42 years. Now it's sitting in my garage with a stuck Rocket 455. Oh well, at least it looks good.

That is a good looking Olds. Lansing's finest in 68.

leddzepp 02-03-2022 10:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 9029455)
Nice, especially being a 2 door. Does it have a 394?

Yes, and interior is in great shape for its age. It’s priced at $9500. My grandma had a 61 also, but it was an Impala so I’m not as gung ho on this car.

special-K 02-04-2022 07:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
'61s are one of my favorite GM years. My favorite is the Ventura

mr.mud1 02-04-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9029707)
'61s are one of my favorite GM years. My favorite is the Ventura

that's an absolutely gorgeous car.i had a guy come with me to the Charlotte autofair with a few years ago.he was on a mission to find a 62 Pontiac.I hadn't paid the Pontiac's much attention but i'd have to agree,those 61-62 Pontiacs are beautiful,the Grand Prix's did it for me,especially a 67 model.

special-K 02-04-2022 09:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Let me give 5 more reasons why they are my favorite :cool:

mr.mud1 02-04-2022 09:44 AM

if those aren't the sexiest things ever put on 4 wheels,i don't know what is???beautiful.

special-K 02-04-2022 09:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
They look hot with a wheel change and blackwalls. Plenty of muscle under the hood to back the look up. One thing I like is '61 was a transition year, from the huge finned parkway cruisers to the coming of the muscle era. They are downsized compared to the prior 58-60s and just at the coming of compacts, then mid-size segment. I love how the '61 Chevy, which fiorst turned my eyes to '61s, are the '60 with the fins folded down onto the sides. Same dip in the trunk center trunk lid, same three round tail lights, bubble top coupe (and chicken head sedan), with the leading edge cleaned up

special-K 02-07-2022 06:47 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Obviously, Led Zep's showing the '61 Olds touched off my '61 GM passion. I love them all, and it began with the Chevy. The '61 full-size has been my favorite car of the late '50s-early '60s era as well as one of my overall favorites. I just refined my wants by combining my love of Pontiacs as well as the less popular to make the Ventura be the one I want the most. Plus they offered really cool wheels! :cool:

special-K 02-07-2022 06:53 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Buick. It's hard to find these not customized

special-K 02-07-2022 06:56 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Oldsmobile

special-K 02-07-2022 07:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9029743)
if those aren't the sexiest things ever put on 4 wheels,i don't know what is???beautiful.

I'm right there with you.

I think '60 Fords are sexy. They were all by themselves in styling that year. Even took a step away from the big round tail lights

special-K 02-07-2022 07:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Mercury didn't even follow that style change*, but Edsel did. I didn't even realize Edsel went into '60. Has anyone ever seen one of these?
Attachment 2165857
Attachment 2165858
Attachment 2165859

*Except in Canada

dave6672 02-07-2022 08:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Awesome bunch of 61's. I've always been a fan of the big GM cars.

Two of my favorites are the 63 and 65 Grand Prix. I love the interiors, especially the way the three gauges in the middle are angled toward the driver on the 65.

mr.mud1 02-07-2022 08:28 AM

just gorgeous,i've almost forgotten how beautiful those cars are.almost makes a fella want to go find find one and drag another home?even the blue Edsel is sharp and i have never seen one?love the Grand Prix's,the 61 Chevy's.all beautiful.a 67 Cadillac Coupe De Ville is my hit list,likely never have one but one of my all-time favorites.thanks for showing them off.

special-K 02-07-2022 08:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I love those Grand Prixs, too.

I swore off cars about 25 years ago to focus on just trucks, in an attempt to limit myself in some manor (didn't work). But speaking of the '67 Coupe De Ville, not so many years ago at Carlisle I was baffled by the fact that all these 67-72 GM trucks (many obviously slapped together to sell) going for what they were, and there for less than any of those was the gorgeous metallic blue on blue interior all original clean as a whistle '67 Coupe De Ville for $15k. I'll take the Cadillac, thank you, and you can have your pickemup :). I'm a truck guy through and through, but that picture easily swayed me. I would have loved to have bought that car. That's my kind of Cowboy Cadillac. All a cowboy needs to do is hop in! Cadillacs were a favorite of truckers. After bouncing around tugging on the steering wheel and shifting all those gears, once home it was time to slide into a smooth machine with comfort as the focus. Also a nice way to make the woman back home happy while you're away :cool:

My dad had a '70 for a while. Bought it used, actually, off my uncle. I used to take that out for cruises in the country. I'd even slip his pork pie hat onto my shaggy head :lol:

Being a pickup lover so deeply, I love the proportions of all these Coupes shown. The Coupe is my car going way back (everyone's favorite I guess). The thing that grabs me is the shorter roof and longer back deck

Look at the butt on that! :frog:
Attachment 2165873
Attachment 2165874
Attachment 2165875

Ok, I'll be a gentleman. "You have such beautiful eyes" :rolleyes:

leddzepp 02-07-2022 09:38 AM

Man, what a bunch of beautiful cars :clap:

I better quit looking at these or that Olds might end up in my driveway :lol:

special-K 02-07-2022 09:47 AM

:lol: I know. That's what I was thinking when I showed the sweet '61 Olds. I felt l may be seen as the devil's advocate :lol:. Better put a disclaimer in here.....

Nah, I guess I really am and should just admit it!!

More sweet '61 Olds pics:

Ha Ha, just kidding

mr.mud1 02-07-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9031149)
I love those Grand Prixs, too.

I swore off cars about 25 years ago to focus on just trucks, in an attempt to limit myself in some manor (didn't work). But speaking of the '67 Coupe De Ville, not so many years ago at Carlisle I was baffled by the fact that all these 67-72 GM trucks (many obviously slapped together to sell) going for what they were, and there for less than any of those was the gorgeous metallic blue on blue interior all original clean as a whistle '67 Coupe De Ville for $15k. I'll take the Cadillac, thank you, and you can have your pickemup :). I'm a truck guy through and through, but that picture easily swayed me. I would have loved to have bought that car. That's my kind of Cowboy Cadillac. All a cowboy needs to do is hop in! Cadillacs were a favorite of truckers. After bouncing around tugging on the steering wheel and shifting all those gears, once home it was time to slide into a smooth machine with comfort as the focus. Also a nice way to make the woman back home happy while you're away :cool:

My dad had a '70 for a while. Bought it used, actually, off my uncle. I used to take that out for cruises in the country. I'd even slip his pork pie hat onto my shaggy head :lol:

Being a pickup lover so deeply, I love the proportions of all these Coupes shown. The Coupe is my car going way back (everyone's favorite I guess). The thing that grabs me is the shorter roof and longer back deck

Look at the butt on that! :frog:
Attachment 2165873
Attachment 2165874
Attachment 2165875

Ok, I'll be a gentleman. "You have such beautiful eyes" :rolleyes:

you got it right on,those 2 door coupe's,short roof and long quarters..what a doll.if i keep looking at them,my wagon might just be really for sale come spring and go find a caddy.4 doors are sharp but they don't do it for me,like the Coupe,even the name is sexy "Coupe De Ville" like some high class stripper.there has been blue one bouncing around ebay,on and off now for weeks or months,price all over the place,last time i looked it was still there.it appears to be quite a car,wish it lived here.i remember,when i lived near Halifax before moving here and years ago, there was a dentist in town,had his name on the personalized plate.he had a 67 Coupe was the same color as my wagon,from California,the paint was burned up and looked tired but the car was dry as a bone,straight as a pin,never painted or wrecked.i was at a garage one day for something and that car was there,hood open.it was massive but spotless clean,looked like it just rolled out of the factory.what a car.i've wanted one ever since i saw that one.

Rich84 02-07-2022 10:43 AM

I do love those Cadillacs. There is a black Coup that I go by every day on my way to and from work. It's pulled into a tight driveway back end out. It never moves. I would get rid of one of my trucks for it. When I started dating my wife she was driving one of her fathers. He always had Cadillacs. Maybe I can talk her into it. Probably not.

mr.mud1 02-07-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9031196)
I do love those Cadillacs. There is a black Coup that I go by every day on my way to and from work. It's pulled into a tight driveway back end out. It never moves. I would get rid of one of my trucks for it. When I started dating my wife she was driving one of her fathers. He always had Cadillacs. Maybe I can talk her into it. Probably not.

i'll put in a good word for you with your mrs's if you do the same for me??

special-K 02-09-2022 09:36 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Cadillacs? What the heck do Cadillacs have to do with a thread for sweet huge cars? Hmmm... asking you all was also asking myself and my answer is EVERYTHING! They are THE sweetest hugest cars of all time!

special-K 02-09-2022 09:40 AM

5 Attachment(s)
It takes two posts just to give a small sample!

mr.mud1 02-09-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9032325)
It takes two posts just to give a small sample!

Beautiful. I think I need a smoke??and I don't smoke.