The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What parts aren't out there? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=229223)

w/gcd72 10-09-2007 03:25 PM

Re: What parts aren't out there?

What about a cowl induction hood that was modeled after a 70 to 72 Chevelle cowl induction hood, that works just like the original, but on our trucks. I always thought that would look better than the cowl induction hoods out their right now.

herb101 10-09-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grayw0lf (Post 2395296)
Or at least bed floor patch panels that match the rib spacing contours.

Those would be great - could even be in sheet form. Then sell a 6" or 12" long 'end section' with the proper sloped ends. Buy it it sheets and 'caps' and cut to fit the holes.

Herb

67ChevyRedneck 10-09-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrikz (Post 2395514)
I have one that should be very easy and most all stepside owners might like this. Front patch panel for stepside fenders. ALL of them seem to rust out..

I'd like to see the back piece as well, although it does have some pretty complicated curves. Even in non rust belt area's I've seen this area rust out because water gets between the outer skin and that inner "L" channel piece.

Shane 10-09-2007 04:23 PM

I'd just like a ETA on the smooth cowl. We were told there was gonna be one, then it got real quiet.

Any progress?

canadianchevy72 10-09-2007 04:26 PM

I so far haven't been able to locate a complete body bolt kit for all the body pieces. I think a lot of the members probably needed to convince more then a few of their bolts to come apart when restoring and a complete kit would be great.

Dano69c10 10-09-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano69c10 (Post 2050166)
LWB fleetside bedsides.Check
Cab roofs. (interior and exterior)
The whole back of the cab from the roofline.
Cab front cowls.
Cab dashboards. (from the windshield back.)
V-8 front manual trans crossmembers.
67-68 grilles.Check
Ready made steel driveshafts for all stock engine and tranny combinations.
One-piece steel floors for LWB and SWB fleetsides (and stepsides, even though it was not an original option.)
1970 inner grilles.
67 -72 hubcaps.
Vent doors.
67-68, 69-72 e-brake assemblies.

any consideration of the other parts on this list?
Thanx for the firewall sheet metal and whole cab floor.
Dano

energiesource 10-09-2007 04:58 PM

I want a rear cab seam filler panel. you know where the rear cab seam is, just a flat panel to weld in there to get rid of that seam.
its good to see vendors asking what we want.

herb101 10-09-2007 05:03 PM

I haven't looked yet to see if it's out there, but what about the carpet trim strip on the step-up on a Blazer/Jimmy floor? Maybe a lower B pilar patch for the same?

Herb

68gmsee 10-11-2007 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bet you didn't think you were going to get this many requests... :lol:

Here's mine. It's a simple and easy one to manufacture. Don't know if it has been mentioned already.

68caliRat 10-13-2007 06:13 PM

Bumper! (TTT)

b&a72 10-13-2007 08:12 PM

Still waiting on that shaved cowl :)

1969k10stepside 10-13-2007 09:09 PM

I and I bet alot more of us 67-72 4wd owners would pay for a reproduction of stock tow hooks for 67-72s

shifty 10-14-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b&a72 (Post 2402071)
Still waiting on that shaved cowl :)

A lot of us are, Tri-Pro, is there any ETA on when these are going to become available?

Simonstrucker 10-14-2007 05:11 PM

Here are 2 pieces that need to be made to save a lot ocabs from the crushers. Outter front cab roof to match the inner repop that you have for the inner roof. The second piece would bee the front windshield frame upper a pilar. These 2 pieces rust out the on cabs and make a cab all most unrebuild able.

Shane 10-14-2007 05:12 PM

I've asked the same exact question at least 5 times in the past 6 months (1 of them being only a few days ago) and have NEVER gotten an answer.

I think we have officially had our "chains yanked" :lol:

b&a72 10-14-2007 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=Shane;2403167]I've asked the same exact question at least 5 times in the past 6 months (1 of them being only a few days ago) and have NEVER gotten an answer.

I think we have officially had our "chains yanked" :lol:[/QUOT

I think you might be right

caminokid 10-14-2007 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=b&a72;2403391]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 2403167)
I've asked the same exact question at least 5 times in the past 6 months (1 of them being only a few days ago) and have NEVER gotten an answer.

I think we have officially had our "chains yanked" :lol:[/QUOT

I think you might be right

This isnt good.

rick0312 10-14-2007 08:42 PM

frame parts such as , trackbar to frame bracket. In this part of the country they are hard to come by.

RedZ71 10-14-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive (Post 2049458)
The shortbed floor assembly I've had requests for; I think this would be an excellent item.

The longbed peices I'm aware of (we've got a '70 lwb out in the yard here that could ALSO use a set of bedsides). The biggest issue on these items becomes getting them from point "A" to point "B" intact. There are certainly enough of the trucks out there to justify making the parts.

What is the issue with the current '72 door?

you would think that it would be possible to incase them in some sort of molded shipping foam or something. i work in a datacenter, and when we have to ship a server and dont have a proper shipping container for it, we just put the server in a crate, and heat up these expanding foam thingys. put a bunch of them in there, and they fill up all the airspace, while also molding into a very strong protective shell.

even if such a service cost an extra $50-75 (hell im just reaching there) to ship, id glady pay the premium to have nice panels shipped in a safe manner. hell even if you just made em available and they still couldnt be freighted safely... id bet people would show up to pick them up themselves.

Guy58 11-04-2007 06:48 PM

1967-68 1/2 ton dog dish hubcaps. I would love to get my hands on a set painted or polished.

shifty 11-07-2007 03:52 PM

what is the status on those shaved cowls? :D

cstm68 11-07-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68gmsee (Post 2398401)
Bet you didn't think you were going to get this many requests... :lol:

Here's mine. It's a simple and easy one to manufacture. Don't know if it has been mentioned already.

i agree

jb4short 11-07-2007 04:30 PM

For those of you that feel your "Chains" are being yanked. I don't always see these posts....there's enough posting in this section that if I don't see it within hours of it being posted it's already a couple pages back. A lot of members use PM's to ask questions; it's fairly effective. I know I posted some time ago that, while working on the cowl, we were made aware of another manufacturer tooling it (it's listed in Brother's '07 catalog). We stopped working on it because there's simply not enough market for the part to have two competing tools.

I don't post updates on parts when there's nothing to report

jb4short 11-07-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedZ71 (Post 2403466)
you would think that it would be possible to incase them in some sort of molded shipping foam or something. i work in a datacenter, and when we have to ship a server and dont have a proper shipping container for it, we just put the server in a crate, and heat up these expanding foam thingys. put a bunch of them in there, and they fill up all the airspace, while also molding into a very strong protective shell.

even if such a service cost an extra $50-75 (hell im just reaching there) to ship, id glady pay the premium to have nice panels shipped in a safe manner. hell even if you just made em available and they still couldnt be freighted safely... id bet people would show up to pick them up themselves.

the bedsides aren't that far off. I don't know what the specific issue is that has delayed them but we frequently ask for the status of parts under development and these are just "Delayed". I don't think the foam is a bad idea....but, packed, an 8' bedside can't fit in a truck standing and lengthwise it's over 2 standard pallets long and it's difficult for a regular forklift to deal with a pallet that long. I'm sure that as soon as they arrive we'll be trying to figure out the shipping dillema.

N2TRUX 11-07-2007 06:31 PM

You interested in doing 73-87 stuff? It would be awesome if someone would reproduce the 73-79 headlamp bezels in something other than plastic...:)