The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   My Crewcab Shortbed (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=410662)

Stitch 10-25-2010 05:52 PM

Re: My Crewcab Shortbed

Lol that's about right :haha:
Posted via Mobile Device

Stitch 10-25-2010 06:58 PM

The Coys, rear disk brake kit, spindles and flip kit are all for sale in the for sale section now
Posted via Mobile Device

joe231 10-25-2010 09:05 PM

so what is the plan now?
buy more stuff after getting it running?

Stitch 10-25-2010 09:17 PM

Im actually probably not going to be doing anything to the crew for a long time besides getting it running. I need to get some money to pay off some bills so we can refi our house. And I've got so much to do around the house finishing up projects before they come out for the appraisal for the refi. So i figured if I'm not gonna be using them for a good long while I might as well sell some of this stuff
Posted via Mobile Device

joe231 10-25-2010 09:18 PM

gotcha

BGRAFX 10-25-2010 10:22 PM

Wanna sell?
Posted via Mobile Device

Stitch 10-26-2010 02:14 AM

Wanna sell what? The crewcab? Noway. I'm keeping the truck. Just selling all the stuff I had to customize it. I can always buy that stuff again later.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stitch 10-28-2010 10:13 PM

So I'm keeping everything because financially my wife and I came up with a different solution so I could keep my toys.

On that note……

Me and Dennis were talking the other night and he said that I needed to name the crewcab and then I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of her again. I'm not too big on naming vehicles. I Used to hang out with a guy that named his mustang Gwen. I thought that was the weirdest thing and I actually thought he needed help lol. So I'm not really into it. But I do feel as though the crewcab needs a name like Dennis said. So I'm going against the norm and I'm gonna name her. I went back and forth but I finally came up with a good name. Being the fact that she's been traded and sold and bought and traded and sold and bought and she gets around I have named her…

'The Whore'

:haha: :haha:

palposity 10-28-2010 10:25 PM

If you get vanity plates that have that name on them make sure the guy in the Chester van doesn't think the truck's name is really yours!
Posted via Mobile Device

Stitch 10-28-2010 10:36 PM

If I get vanity plates that say dawhore lol I'll be ruined here in town. I live in the bible belt. I'll be banished to the land of outkasts and child molesters lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

menace121978 10-28-2010 10:40 PM

WOW!:lol: your too much tucker. its too plain though! put 'man' or 'bag' in front of it and then i think you got something;) seriously though... name her stitch, or tucker or something else!!

Stitch 10-28-2010 10:47 PM

Nah. She's gonna be the whore. That is what she is afterall lol
Posted via Mobile Device

87 chevy silverado 10-28-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 4266203)
Nah. She's gonna be the whore. That is what she is afterall lol
Posted via Mobile Device

that is defiantly true

palposity 10-29-2010 07:55 AM

vanity plates chester!!!!!

JohnC 10-29-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 4266131)
...... I went back and forth but I finally came up with a good name. Being the fact that she's been traded and sold and bought and traded and sold and bought and she gets around I have named her…

'The Whore'

:haha: :haha:

:haha: That's good!

Stitch 10-29-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palposity (Post 4266644)
vanity plates chester!!!!!

Now why would I wanna go and warn the kids like that :haha:
Posted via Mobile Device

palposity 10-29-2010 02:13 PM

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Stitch 10-31-2010 05:50 PM

So after a long talk with my wife Laura, we've decided that the diesel is going to stay. Also I'm going to do as much of a budget build on the Whore as possible. I need the Whore to be able to be my anything anytime anywhere truck. There so many things that I do on a daily and weekly basis that I need a 'truck' not a show truck. I need something I'm not afraid to get dirty and be rough with. I figured what better to be dirty and rough with than the Whore lol. Also I need it to carry the family if need be in the process so the crewcab fits all that criteria or it will when I'm done anyways.

The new plans have to be revised because of the budget. The frame is going to get stripped and sent of to the welder with the 1 ton front frame section I got from Josh. So yes the truck is going to be converted to a 1 ton 4x4. While at the welder they are going to graft the front frame onto the crewcab frame and then they are going to fishplate and box the frame both places it's been cut. They are also going to check the other weld where the frame was shortened and make sure everything there is good to go.

When the frame gets back. I'm going to get the rear 1 ton shackles hangers and springs uo under the frame. I'm also going to flip the rear shackle to get 4" of lift out of the rear. I'm gonna need to get a D60 for the front and 4" springs for the front. I'm also going to convert the steering to cross over steering while I'm at it.

Once I have the truck back as a roller, I'm gonna put the 6.2/th400 outta the farm truck into the Whore. Then I have to find a transmission, transfer case and have the driveshafts modified. I'll drive the truck with one driveshaft until I can get the right tranny, transfercase and the driveshafts done.

The truck is going to be repainted in OD green flat paint. That way if it gets scratched it'll be easily repaired. The entire inside of the cab, and under hood will be painted semi gloss black. Under the cab will be undercoated and inside the cab will have some sound deadener especially inside the doors. I'll also be mounting my power mirrors up and painting them and the rest of the trim including the door handles semi gloss black.

Since I'm raising the truck up, I'm gonna need some taller tires. I'm gonna get a set of H1 Hummer wheels and recenter them and mount up some 36s. The H1 wheels will also be painted semi gloss black. I'll also be getting a heavy duty front and rear bumper and be mounting up a winch in the front.

Right now that's about all I can think of. I know this is a book. I'm writing this on the phone so I can't review what I've written very well. I'll reread it tonight when I get home and edit if I left something out.

I know some people are going to be pretty upset I'm not going full-out on this truck. But because I'm doing the budget build, I'll be able to get the farm truck into the garage and go full-out on it. There will not be a small budget on the farm truck.

Thanks for reading my book and if you have any suggestions please post them up. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

nbpro 10-31-2010 06:55 PM

glad everything worked out so you can keep your toys

Stitch 10-31-2010 07:18 PM

Me too Gary. Im really glad things worked out the way they did
Posted via Mobile Device

STOCKISH 11-01-2010 03:30 PM

Sounds good man. The only thing I would do diffrent is running H2 wheels instead of H1's. I have had issues in the past with the o-rings leaking, etc. Besides, do you need beadlocks? Not knocking, just curious. Also, the rear shackle mounts I gave you are longer than a regular 4x4 so you might not need to flip it to get 4 inches lift. Would likely be more like 6-8 give or take.

palposity 11-03-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 4270260)
So after a long talk with my wife Laura, we've decided that the diesel is going to stay. Also I'm going to do as much of a budget build on the Whore as possible. I need the Whore to be able to be my anything anytime anywhere truck. There so many things that I do on a daily and weekly basis that I need a 'truck' not a show truck. I need something I'm not afraid to get dirty and be rough with. I figured what better to be dirty and rough with than the Whore lol. Also I need it to carry the family if need be in the process so the crewcab fits all that criteria or it will when I'm done anyways.

The new plans have to be revised because of the budget. The frame is going to get stripped and sent of to the welder with the 1 ton front frame section I got from Josh. So yes the truck is going to be converted to a 1 ton 4x4. While at the welder they are going to graft the front frame onto the crewcab frame and then they are going to fishplate and box the frame both places it's been cut. They are also going to check the other weld where the frame was shortened and make sure everything there is good to go.

When the frame gets back. I'm going to get the rear 1 ton shackles hangers and springs uo under the frame. I'm also going to flip the rear shackle to get 4" of lift out of the rear. I'm gonna need to get a D60 for the front and 4" springs for the front. I'm also going to convert the steering to cross over steering while I'm at it.

Once I have the truck back as a roller, I'm gonna put the 6.2/th400 outta the farm truck into the Whore. Then I have to find a transmission, transfer case and have the driveshafts modified. I'll drive the truck with one driveshaft until I can get the right tranny, transfercase and the driveshafts done.

The truck is going to be repainted in OD green flat paint. That way if it gets scratched it'll be easily repaired. The entire inside of the cab, and under hood will be painted semi gloss black. Under the cab will be undercoated and inside the cab will have some sound deadener especially inside the doors. I'll also be mounting my power mirrors up and painting them and the rest of the trim including the door handles semi gloss black.

Since I'm raising the truck up, I'm gonna need some taller tires. I'm gonna get a set of H1 Hummer wheels and recenter them and mount up some 36s. The H1 wheels will also be painted semi gloss black. I'll also be getting a heavy duty front and rear bumper and be mounting up a winch in the front.

Right now that's about all I can think of. I know this is a book. I'm writing this on the phone so I can't review what I've written very well. I'll reread it tonight when I get home and edit if I left something out.

I know some people are going to be pretty upset I'm not going full-out on this truck. But because I'm doing the budget build, I'll be able to get the farm truck into the garage and go full-out on it. There will not be a small budget on the farm truck.

Thanks for reading my book and if you have any suggestions please post them up. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Stitch, can you please provide some more detail about your plans? Don't leave us hangin' with these short teaser posts!!!!

Stitch 11-03-2010 12:18 PM

When I get off work tonight I could tell you exactly how I'm gonna turn every wrench and weld every weld. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Walts_restoration 11-03-2010 12:38 PM

If you go with a dual rear wheel d60 and matching rear, then you dont need to recenter the h1's, just a thought. Or just go with a d44 for now to save costs and d60 down the road. Just food for thought. i still want a crew cab shortbed 4x4.

Stitch 11-03-2010 01:30 PM

Finding a d44 or d60 right now for a good price is killing me. I found some 10 bolt front and rear axles, but I don't know if I wanna buy them just yet because I could use that money towards a dana.

And I know about the drw axles working for the h1 wheels but I'm having a hard enough time finding anything at all lol.
Posted via Mobile Device