The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510160)

Graham57a 04-22-2012 10:38 AM

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5326456)
Pretty strong option guys .. I really like them personally. For $950 for all 4 (?)

I'm headed to Charlotte in the morning with a pocket full of cash .. we'll see what happens. IF nothing shows up there, I'll probably get these on Monday.

This is a great truck, I really like what you're doin with it. I think these wheels would look great. Plus 950 for a set is a steal. Looking forward to seeing what you decide

CC69Rat 04-22-2012 11:00 AM

I have to run to the bank Mon at lunch, so when that deposit clears I'm going to order them. It will be a month or so befote i can get it dropped but.. just pulling everything together before i tear into it too much. Im just adjusting door strikers etc just to make it as solid and straight as possible.

I'm having fun driving it as is. I went up to dads yesterday and the old GMC just ran flawlessly. It really has a a nice gear and tourqe curve to it. The truck really drives good. The mileage shows 80k.. thinking maybe, just maybe its original?
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 04-25-2012 08:41 AM

Update: I have the $ for the Coys, but I am also going to GoodGuys in Nashville Mid May. I have decided to just hang on a couple more weeks and possibly buy my wheels there. Maybe I'll catch a show special or something (?)

I have also found a good connection for the Centerline Boulevards. .. we'll see what happens. I really like the Coys, but I am very indecicive when it comes to stuff like this. I want it to be right.

raull 04-25-2012 08:43 AM

good guys show , we don't get nice shows like that down here !!!!!

LakeAnna 04-25-2012 08:51 AM

Man... I would love to ride down to the Nashville show! Not gonna be ready by a long shot thou.:waah:

CC69Rat 04-25-2012 08:53 AM

Chris -- come to Chatt and you can go with us. Drop by and pick up Jonathan on your way ! :D

LakeAnna 04-25-2012 09:04 AM

That would be great if Jonathon didn't mind riding on a chair in the cab... all while being driven on a rollback...:lol:

With no windshield or doors I might add:lol::barn:

VA72C10 04-25-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeAnna (Post 5334911)
That would be great if Jonathon didn't mind riding on a chair in the cab... all while being driven on a rollback...:lol:

With no windshield or doors I might add:lol::barn:

:haha:

Sounds like good times :D

VA72C10 04-25-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5334877)
Update: I have the $ for the Coys, but I am also going to GoodGuys in Nashville Mid May. I have decided to just hang on a couple more weeks and possibly buy my wheels there. Maybe I'll catch a show special or something (?)

I have also found a good connection for the Centerline Boulevards. .. we'll see what happens. I really like the Coys, but I am very indecicive when it comes to stuff like this. I want it to be right.

Sounds like a good plan!

CC69Rat 04-25-2012 07:02 PM

I went ahead and ordered my new Axles today from Moser. 5 lug, just so I can swap out the old and in with the new. New seals, studs, etc. Still deciding on the wheels.. but I needed the axels too. Just one step closer. Maybe something will turn up at Nashville but between now and then I still have a few smaller pieces to gather up.

CC69Rat 05-05-2012 08:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Added a few small things today. 350/255hp sticker on the air cleaner just going for that original feel.. And a 3 spoke comfort grip wheel.

I am planning to paint the column when I can, and I also have a new bezel for it. I will detail the lens, paint the needles, etc. I'd like to wait on installing the bezel until I get a dash pad and do it all while it's apart.

Also picked up a new set of black carpet too! I'll get there, one piece at a time.

VA72C10 05-05-2012 08:33 PM

Looking good!
Posted via Mobile Device

crsweet91 05-05-2012 08:41 PM

Keep up the good work!

lolife99 05-06-2012 07:13 AM

This truck is perfect.
Everything you do, makes it better!

How do you like the new steering wheel?
They are my favorite steering wheel.

NoNeck 05-07-2012 11:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Chad -
Your Moser 5 lug axles finally got to my house. They really look strong! Now if we just had some wheels... ;)

POP

CC69Rat 05-07-2012 01:15 PM

Id like to have everything in a pile so we do it all in one shot. I should have the $ for the drop in a couple weeks. Still undecided on wheels, you know how I am.. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

big_al_71 05-07-2012 06:21 PM

Nice additions thus far!!!!

wheels descision was one of my hardest for me to do, I made a poll on the ones I liked and let the voters decide and I am glad I went with the majority vote..

Scottk6204 05-13-2012 09:17 PM

I just ordered my Coys C57's the other day in 20x8.5 and 20x10's and am worried that i should have ordered the rears in 22x9's. I hate trying to make decisions on wheels. Your truck is awesome and that is the exact color combo I would love to have!

CC69Rat 05-13-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottk6204 (Post 5378715)
I just ordered my Coys C57's the other day in 20x8.5 and 20x10's and am worried that i should have ordered the rears in 22x9's. I hate trying to make decisions on wheels. Your truck is awesome and that is the exact color combo I would love to have!

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the compliments on my truck. Im really happy with how it is coming together

What type / year truck do you have?
Posted via Mobile Device

Scottk6204 05-13-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5378851)
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the compliments on my truck. Im really happy with how it is coming together

What type / year truck do you have?
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought a 68 shortbox from a friend of mine in Alabama last month. Its a real nice rust free truck that I had him convert it over to 5 lug with disc brakes and install a CPP lowering kit. I don't even have the truck yet but I have ordered wheels for it and have a 5.3 LS 4L60E ready to install once it shows up, lol!

CC69Rat 05-17-2012 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sup fellas .. (and gals too if any)

I'm leaving Sat morning early for GoodGuys in Nashville. I will likely bring home a set of wheels. .. I saw this picture today, I really, really like this look. I think the Coys just might be the best bet for me. I'd do 20s up front though.

shawno72 05-17-2012 04:27 PM

How did you get a pic of my truck Chad?!?! :lol: yeah I wish.

CC69Rat 05-17-2012 04:42 PM

I saw it on Craigslist actually. $8500, full air ride, etc. Looks like a good truck ,just needs a little body work. It needs 20's up front in my opinion, I just like the looks of the C57 wheel. I think that might be it. ..

VA72C10 05-17-2012 05:12 PM

I think that wheel will look great on your truck!

If you don't find a deal at the show I saw on the coys facebook page that they are offering free shipping right now on certain 20's.
Posted via Mobile Device

darkhorse970 05-17-2012 05:29 PM

I've always liked the look of the c57s, they look REALLY good on the truck from Craigslist! Not to mention that they are a different look from the old standby Torq Thrust and C5 5 spokes. I like different...