The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pic Thread:Sumthin Differnt (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=558971)

Madtat 02-07-2013 06:51 PM

Re: Pic Thread:Sumthin Differnt

5 Attachment(s)
German Messerschmitt. Even Elivs had one!

ole dollor 02-07-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 5873884)
^^ Saw those every day when I was a kid. Some were still in use, some were retired like that one.

Haven't seen any for a long time now.... a ghost from the past. Thanks for posting it!

what is this thing, and what did it do...

GOPAPA 02-07-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 5873830)

Beings I posted it I will put my 2 cents in and then maybe stocker will add to it..wish he would as he has seen them also ,, I not only grew up around them ,,I worked in sawmill where they used them..

What they did was strandle a stacked of lumber or timbers and pick the stack up off the ground and then travel it to where ever they needed taken to.. I will post a photo of two of them carrying a timber ,,a very large timber from a sawmill on the Columbia River in oregon where I grew up at as kid and these machined stacked lumber right out front of our house on the street,, we lived in a company house at the time so the street belonged to them .. they just strored the lumber for waiting to be loaded onto a ship ..

will have to look the photo of the two of them up,,tomorrow.

ole dollor 02-07-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 5874519)
Beings I posted it I will put my 2 cents in and then maybe stocker will add to it..wish he would as he has seen them also ,, I not only grew up around them ,,I worked in sawmill where they used them..

What they did was strandle a stacked of lumber or timbers and pick the stack up off the ground and then travel it to where ever they needed taken to.. I will post a photo of two of them carrying a timber ,,a very large timber from a sawmill on the Columbia River in oregon where I grew up at as kid and these machined stacked lumber right out front of our house on the street,, we lived in a company house at the time so the street belonged to them .. they just strored the lumber for waiting to be loaded onto a ship ..

that is cool, i had never seen one before, and there is no trees in West Texas so they were never needed around here....LOL

powerdriver 1958 02-07-2013 10:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This should be different . Once a year in KC they have a charity duck drop . I had to take the cage so it could be filled up .

Stocker 02-07-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 5874519)

Not much I can add to that, you summed it up very well. I grew up in a small lumber town in the PNW and at that time there were several sawmills in the area. Thought it was pretty cool the way they moved stacks of lumber around the millyards. I probably played on some of the non-working ones but don't remember for sure. I never saw any carrying big timbers so am looking forward to the pics.

special-K 02-07-2013 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 5873718)
LOL, thats a photoshop I did of my brothers truck ages ago. He wanted to see what it would look like lowered. She was still with the living back then.

He has since had his truck painted, but not lowered.

I have had that picture a long time and forgot where I found it. Yes,when she was still with us and probably still had her TV show.

GOPAPA 02-08-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerdriver 1958 (Post 5874746)
This should be different . Once a year in KC they have a charity duck drop . I had to take the cage so it could be filled up .

Did you get to fetch the winning duck from the water ?

They do this every year on the Cowlitz River just before it runs into the Columbia in Washington State.. My wifes boss won a new truck when they scooped his duck that he had bought from the water as a winner ..

motornut 02-08-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerdriver 1958 (Post 5874746)

We do a duck race here too
I used to do a carshow for it
Got pics too somewhere .
I guess ducks do fly south for winter lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Slow Build 02-08-2013 02:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a nice little tree fort.

PAWS 72 02-08-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Build (Post 5875277)
Here's a nice little tree fort.

i COULD LIVE WITH THAT.PUT IT ON A LITTLE CREEK BANK HERE AND IT CAN FLOOD AS MUCH AS IT WANTS. NO MORE WORRYING ABOUT THE CAMPER.

PAWS 72 02-08-2013 03:09 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Well guys don't throw me out yet please.65 Daytona coupe,and a GT-40 KIT CAR.Also 65 cobra kitand a nother cobra kit

PAWS 72 02-08-2013 03:16 AM

4 Attachment(s)
the 1974 "cuda my uncle was working on when he passed.

The first engine goes in the cuda, 2nd goes with the black cobra,last one.

ya'll guess what size.I'll do 2 engine posts.I threw in a surprise

PAWS 72 02-08-2013 03:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This one is for the black cobra.Maybe you can read it.

PAWS 72 02-08-2013 03:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
this is sumptin differnt alrite. 74 cuda stanley terry special.R.I.P. BUD. tThats the best for the time being.

PAWS 72 02-08-2013 03:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more. He rides this thing everywhere and has a ball.

Madtat 02-08-2013 12:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
But teacher, the bus was late!!

dbstepside 02-08-2013 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
does this seem odd to anyone else?

ole dollor 02-08-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbstepside (Post 5875972)
does this seem odd to anyone else?

not really odd, you have to have a fire before you can put it out...lol..job security.

Slow Build 02-08-2013 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They can put a jet engines in just about anything.

special-K 02-09-2013 09:23 AM

I seem to be running out of material. All I have is this picture of just another 67-72 Chevy pickup...oh well

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...a_pics_059.jpg

Palf70Step 02-09-2013 11:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
More to keep the engine running

GOPAPA 02-09-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawno72 (Post 5795664)

Here is the You-Tube that shawno72 posted

thanks to Boatpuller ,,as he pointed the wagon out to me while at the car show

I met the guy and his wife at our local car show and took these photos of the Red flyer and thought I would add them to what shawno72 has posted ,,,

The Red flyer
http://i49.tinypic.com/4fwfbm.jpg

The Cock Pit of the Red Flyer

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vwitsx.jpg

special-K 02-10-2013 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I want a little red wagon! I guess I better start shopping

Madtat 02-11-2013 12:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:mm: