The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   55 TF Stretched Cab/Fleetside/LSx/Trailblazer Frame (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=608904)

ricott 02-05-2016 10:46 PM

Re: 55 TF Stretched Cab/Fleetside/LSx/Trailblazer Frame

Quote:

Originally Posted by dug224 (Post 7470593)
Ricky: What's the latest on Vette (or truck)? dug

The vette is coming along slowly (unfortunately) and the truck is stored. I have what I hope is my last big trial in late April - after that I should have a lot more time. My son moved to DC after college and the GTO stayed with me. My wife and I have really enjoyed driving it - I've put over 10,000 miles since last June. I'll stick a couple of pictures of our trip to Yellowstone and parts beyond last September to remind everyone how much fun these cars (and trucks) are to drive. At some point this truck will back on the front burner - but the vette is first.

Ricky

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2as8vs4j.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...pshqym9swq.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...psi7f93ijv.jpg

dsraven 02-13-2016 12:54 PM

man, I love that car. perfect color too.
how is the vette project coming along, any progress?
just wondering on your truck, will you be using the t.b. heater system? enough room under the dash for it?

soupernova 05-02-2017 09:44 PM

subscribed. Cant wait to see this in its final form

rkn463 08-27-2017 09:26 AM

I just went and checked out your corvette build, looking great! Don't forget you have a truck that is feeling neglected :D

-Richard

ricott 08-28-2017 10:03 PM

Thanks for checking in. My truck is resting in my Brother-in-Law's barn, and I haven't had time to work on the corvette since just before last Christmas. Work continues to be a major time draw- but I am being paid. I have addressed a few thing on the GTO this year (Corvette front spindles and brakes, Aluminum driveshaft and some interior upgrades), but other than that my projects are on hold until the new year - when I'm retired!!!

I begin a two week road trip in the GTO tomorrow morning (approximately 5500 miles). My wife and I are headed to the South Dakota Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, and Glacier.

I am so looking forward to retirement and hopefully jump starting one of these projects in the new year.

Ricky

BlueJeep 08-29-2017 11:15 AM

Do you have any details on the spindle/brake swap on the GTO? I really like your approach to your projects, and it gives me good ideas for mine. Thanks!

ricott 08-30-2017 08:08 PM

BlueJeep:

When I get back to Memphis I will post pictures of the spindle swap. I used CPP spindles (couldn't make myself pay for the aluminum AFX spindles. The rest was off the shelf (and out of the Junkyard) GM parts (using c5 parts). I am in Sioux Falls tonight waiting on my wife to fly in and we start the trip in earnest tomorrow. I put 1280 miles on the GTO yesterday and today (took the really long way to SF - through Minnesota and the southern part of North Dakota. The car is running flawlessly and the 80 MPH speed limit in SD made those miles go faster!

Ricky

BlueJeep 08-31-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricott (Post 8028627)
BlueJeep:

When I get back to Memphis I will post pictures of the spindle swap. I used CPP spindles (couldn't make myself pay for the aluminum AFX spindles. The rest was off the shelf (and out of the Junkyard) GM parts (using c5 parts). I am in Sioux Falls tonight waiting on my wife to fly in and we start the trip in earnest tomorrow. I put 1280 miles on the GTO yesterday and today (took the really long way to SF - through Minnesota and the southern part of North Dakota. The car is running flawlessly and the 80 MPH speed limit in SD made those miles go faster!

Ricky

Thanks! I assume you'll be able to give a really good evaluation of the parts after the trip is over!! My dad has a 70 Chevelle that currently has stock discs up front and is seriously lacking in the braking department. Two years ago I did camaro discs in the back and a Wilwood master and it's better but not great.

Enjoy the trip!

rgunlock 05-04-2018 12:27 PM

Hey Ricky, I miss seeing posts on this build. Hopefully, you are enjoying retirement now and making progress on the Vette so you can get back to this build. I've been waiting patiently to see how you will deal with the stretch on the roof and doors. I've been considering doing a similar build myself.

ricott 05-05-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgunlock (Post 8254343)
Hey Ricky, I miss seeing posts on this build. Hopefully, you are enjoying retirement now and making progress on the Vette so you can get back to this build. I've been waiting patiently to see how you will deal with the stretch on the roof and doors. I've been considering doing a similar build myself.

What timing! I retired (finally) last Friday (April 27th). It was a great job that I really enjoyed doing, but it was such that for the last year and 1/2, I have traveled almost weekly and not had time to work on anything. I have not worked on the 58 corvette since December 2016. I started building a small detached garage (18 x 24) as my hobby work space at our home last month. Once that is finished, I plan to split my time between the 58 corvette and my truck.

Stay Tuned!

rgunlock 05-05-2018 02:33 PM

Welcome back! Congratulations on your retirement :bann::cong::bann:

Advanced Design 05-05-2018 08:18 PM

Congratulations on your retirement! Staying tuned in for updates.

mongocanfly 05-05-2018 08:47 PM

congrats on the retirement!!!!!

jkk 05-05-2018 09:23 PM

Cool

dug224 05-09-2018 05:53 PM

Made it out alive!!! Congrats. Look forward to seeing the projects come back to life!!

Bomp 05-10-2018 03:55 PM

Congrats on retirement.
I said I'd quit my job if I ever won the lottery. Won $35 on a scratch ticket but the wife stopped me as I was writing my resignation letter.

gottattooz 07-20-2018 10:20 PM

I found your build thread by accident looking up other stuff. I was looking to transfer a trailblazer firewall onto a jeep so i could use the trailblazer goodies on the jeep. Your thread put it into my head that I could use the firewall and floor pan for my swap. So, thanks to you, i bought a 1968 jeep Wagoneer and a 2006 Chevy trailblazer ss. My plan is to swap the jeep body onto the trailblazer ss chassis using the trailblazer firewall and floor pans. This build thread has been amazing and inspiring. I'm sorry i didn't subscribe sooner.

-Josh