The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MY build thread... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=332884)

shortbed70 02-23-2011 07:43 PM

Re: MY build thread...

Not a great video and my phone fell over from vibrations hint the noise in the end. These my spintech pro street mufflers.http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...th_2-22-11.jpg

Captainfab 02-24-2011 02:46 AM

That sounds real good :thumbs:

baggedout81 02-25-2011 05:56 PM

Gonna try an do a little valve wiring today

shortbed70 02-25-2011 10:58 PM

Valves are wired and air tanks are ready to paint and install and the drivers side of marks (baggedout81) cutlass is done! I call that PROGRESS.
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 02-25-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 4509564)
That sounds real good :thumbs:

Thanks captainfab, I hope to get all the wiring done for the air in the next few weeks and get the tanks mounted so I can figure out my exhaust routing. That's going to be fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 03-06-2011 02:08 AM

Heres some pics from friday...

laid_out_70 03-06-2011 02:11 AM

where? lol

shortbed70 03-06-2011 02:11 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok! I dont know what happened there it had them all then nothing...

baggedout81 03-07-2011 01:11 AM

Couple more fittings an a pressure switch.Then time to mount them tanks.Then on to another thing

shortbed70 03-07-2011 02:24 PM

Yea man! Pressure switch is in the mail, new shifter is in the mail and going to shop for fittings tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

baggedout81 03-17-2011 08:07 AM

Need some progress pics.

shortbed70 03-18-2011 10:35 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Not many pictures to upload because its been the same thing with wiring and plumbing all the valves. We did however get the tanks mounted and all the fittings we needed so heres a few. Also finished the recycling of my old roll pan to reuse. Got my power steering resi. mounted just need fittings for the box then cut the lines and shes done.

shortbed70 03-18-2011 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And my new shifter...

shortbed70 03-19-2011 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well got the roll pan tacked on so i can see what it will look like when done.

Alan's Classic 03-22-2011 11:01 PM

Nice progress!!

shortbed70 03-22-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4571193)
Nice progress!!

Thanks Alan I'm trying to chip away at this thing. I'm having trouble finding seats though! At least for what I want to pay..Getting some brakeline tomarrow so I can get the brakes working.... Can't wait for the smoke show when it's mobile:burnout:
Posted via Mobile Device

fryco 03-23-2011 08:17 PM

Hey man, long time no speak...

That tailgate is gunna be sweet. Whats your goal date to get her finished by?

In hind sight, I'm regretting not bagging mine (mines static). I never paid so much attention to drive ways and pot-holes in my life.

fyi- don't start threads "whats this worth" the thread gets turned off lol! my bad

shortbed70 03-23-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fryco (Post 4573143)
Hey man, long time no speak...

That tailgate is gunna be sweet. Whats your goal date to get her finished by?

In hind sight, I'm regretting not bagging mine (mines static). I never paid so much attention to drive ways and pot-holes in my life.

fyi- don't start threads "whats this worth" the thread gets turned off lol! my bad

Yea how ya been? I seen you were thinking of selling your truck! Id still like to have the motor out of yours for mine wanna trade? HEHE...This thing HAS to hit the streets by the end of april...I have places I want to take it and the drag strip is one and a few other shows are on my mind...I need some major parts to be mobile like seats,looking for 40/20/40 out of 1500 dodge truck and a windshield are the main things.Started the brake lines today so one less thing.

fryco 03-24-2011 07:54 PM

I don't know how bad I really want to sell it, I was really just trolling trying to find out what peoples ideas were valve wise. I think you were the only person to see my thread before it was shut off... Should of known better!!

I was snowed in and bored. We got something like 17inches of snow yesterday. (I'm just north of green bay) Spring my ass!

One more summer of 2.3mpg and I might swap ya. I bet mine uses 4-5 gallons of fuel to get the thermostat to open. (@60 degrees ambient)

I got my windshield from kd autoglass (klein dickert) $235 in stalled with new glass in my shop. Seats i'm no help with.

I got one ride out of mine last year (I didn't get it together until November), went to the pay-and-spray, then into storage. I have a few odds and ends finish up to, don't think their ever done. But, I have to get the speedo working (noticed I was missing the drive gear on the output shaft). GPS works in a pinch but reacts to slow.

I'll see what I can do about a sound bite for ya, it is surprisingly quiet (outside) for 3 1/2" pipes. No carpet, roller cam, and gear drive you definitely know its running inside!!! well catch you later man...

shortbed70 03-24-2011 09:01 PM

Well post a few pics on this post so I can see it and show it to my buddy.
Posted via Mobile Device

fryco 03-25-2011 05:47 PM

Just take them from my profile, go under albums... Its about all I have, I'm not really a picture person. Is he interested in buying it???? just kidding (please don't remove this thread)

fryco 03-25-2011 05:59 PM

Never mind, my albums are gone... I'll PM to ya.

shortbed70 03-29-2011 09:03 PM

Well I'll update the pics this weekend but got some stuff done. Air lines are covered in another piece of clear hose to prevent chaffing,and duel pot master and brake lines are done,still have to add fluid and bleed. Ordered my power steering box fittings to finalize that and need to get my steel to build inside of tailgate. Gotta have this thing mobil for randys get togather in June....No pressure!!!!!!

baggedout81 04-01-2011 09:01 PM

Boy i'ma need to take some pics tomm. bad.

shortbed70 04-03-2011 11:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well heres some updates, seats are in out of an olds arora leather all power, center console is kinda in there, shifter set in its location, brake lines are done, compressor is mounted (still need to mount EDC) and scored me some 15x8 rally's from a guy for $25 and my neighbor gave me a 5th one for free got 4 painted today.

daverod 04-03-2011 11:17 PM

I like the center thing.;) Do you have your power steering pump on yet? I'm pissed I have 2 pumps and I can't get ether to fit?

shortbed70 04-03-2011 11:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yea didnt get any pics but I did get the pump and lines on. Heres a poser shot in the truck. Two years to get too here. Man I can almost smell the burnt rubber now...Gotta wear the flat spots off the tires. My brake lines look like crap because they are temporary until I get a good tool to bend with. I really suck at bending lines but I can fab just about anything...HUH!

shortbed70 04-04-2011 08:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4598620)
I like the center thing.;) Do you have your power steering pump on yet? I'm pissed I have 2 pumps and I can't get ether to fit?

Heres some pics of mine.

shortbed70 04-05-2011 11:00 PM

Well we tried to bleed the brakes and the front bleed great but the back I got NOTHING! I am thinking maybe something is blocking the line but I'm unsure. Any ideas on where to start?Help...
Posted via Mobile Device

Captainfab 04-06-2011 01:20 AM

Start at the master or prop valve, cracking the line connection and check for fluid. Work your way towards the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 4603170)
Well we tried to bleed the brakes and the front bleed great but the back I got NOTHING! I am thinking maybe something is blocking the line but I'm unsure. Any ideas on where to start?Help...
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 04-12-2011 11:04 PM

Well after breaking and stripping brake lines left and right I desided to just do the whole rear half also so tomarrow its too the parts store and get new lines. Found my brake problem BTW, The rear soft line had colapsed not letting fluid in or out. I have narrowed it down to 7 things to drive this thing for the first time in two years....
Rear brakes,lines and lights
windshield
WIRE the truck!
mount the shifter
install alt and battery...
rebuild new console
get some guages.
WHATS THAT LIGHT????????

Alan's Classic 04-12-2011 11:30 PM

Man your close. ;) :metal:

shortbed70 04-13-2011 12:18 AM

I'm leaving out alot like put hood, latch and hardware on, door seals, side windows, sound deadening, and all the other stuff but being able to back out of the shop and drive out of the way sure beats pushing it around or just talking about it... Thanks Alan I was wondering if anybody was still watching this thing...
Posted via Mobile Device

daverod 04-13-2011 12:18 AM

You don't really need a windshield.:lol:

shortbed70 04-13-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4621383)
You don't really need a windshield.:lol:

I've thought about some goggles and open faced helmet!!! It will make a trip through town without one with video to come of that as proof!
Posted via Mobile Device

Captainfab 04-13-2011 01:53 AM

Yeah, windshields are over rated.....just one more thing that needs cleaned :lol:

shortbed70 04-17-2011 07:02 PM

Well got some parts primed up today and tailgate/rollpan is fully welded in. Going to try some all metal filler on the gate area and see how I like it. Pics tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

chad64chevy 04-19-2011 06:34 PM

man, i just went through your whole build and you've done really great work with it!! if you ever start fabbing a fuel cell let me know! i think i would like one maybe if i got afford it!

shortbed70 04-19-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 4634254)
man, i just went through your whole build and you've done really great work with it!! if you ever start fabbing a fuel cell let me know! i think i would like one maybe if i got afford it!

Thanks. I doubt I will start gabbing cells, there's already a few guys that do them on here but they are custom and pretty nice but you have to pay for them. Too much liability for me messing with fuel... If you need anything made look me up.
Posted via Mobile Device

fryco 04-19-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 4634604)
Thanks. I doubt I will start gabbing cells, there's already a few guys that do them on here but they are custom and pretty nice but you have to pay for them. Too much liability for me messing with fuel... If you need anything made look me up.
Posted via Mobile Device

sell it as a "race only" product. no product liability or warranty.:lol:

Don't know if it holds water, but it sounds good!