The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

Jose's 69 09-25-2016 02:54 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Decided to lower back of my 69 C20 1.5 more inches with some drop blocks. U bolts were rusted in place. Still have one half of one to get out.

TrkEnvy 09-25-2016 04:50 AM

Seam sealer.. Stuff is a pain in the .. And now I wait a week to paint it.

Boog 09-25-2016 11:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I rolled the 69 out of the shop for the first time in twenty years under it's own power. Yeah, twenty years. Time does get away doesn't it? I've not been in any hurry. ;) One can forget what these trucks feel like while sitting for so many years. One reason to get it off the jackstands and pull it out was to get a different perspective of how it presently sits and check out the mechanicals. Run it around the yard a bit. Long running projects can tend to get stale. It felt good to be behind the wheel of it again. The truck looks 3/4 scale compared to the Yukon.

kilrcady 09-25-2016 03:32 PM

Hey jrainman,Are you a tinknocker?

jescates 09-25-2016 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Removed an alarm system that was installed and fixed some hacked wires! Talk about a P.I.T.A. Finding wires dangling and not going anywhere! The good thing is it starts and all lights work.

everettelane 09-25-2016 07:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to the Humble swap meet this morning, found some leather seats for my truck just have to make some brackets.

In The Ten Ring 09-26-2016 09:32 PM

I picked up my epoxy primed original fender and dropped it off with the painter.

hugger6933 09-26-2016 10:32 PM

I cut out the back glass, inner rocker and A and B pillars. I also trimmed up the replacements, laid in the inner rocker/ floor piece and screwed it down so I can cut out the off stuff.I also fitted up the outer rocker and clamped it down. I got along pretty good on it today. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a good bit of it welded up. Once I get both sides in I'll put it on the flipper dolly and do the cosmetics for the floor and rockers. Of course sale day is Wed so I may have to quit on it again. Normally when I get my old truck in the shop to work on it I get a transport load of wrecks soon after.

cornerstone 09-26-2016 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I built my transmission crossmember.

everettelane 09-26-2016 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got started building my new seat brackets, there just isn't enough time in a day especially when you don't get home till after 6 O'Clock.

cornerstone 09-26-2016 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And I got started on strengthening my front crossmember in order to fit the new gen 5 lt 😀. In this photo I'm using cardboard to get the shapes I need to cut out of plate steel.

Howitzer 09-26-2016 11:17 PM

Got rid of my Eddy 750 CFM on my 402 and put in a Quick Fuel 680 with Vacuum Secondaries and put it on the dyno.

Love this carb! Blows the doors off the Edelbrock.

Towbiz 09-27-2016 08:10 PM

Stripped down my newly acquired Buddy seat , sending frame out to powder coating & researching new foam & upholstery kit . Removed grill to have it polished .

In The Ten Ring 09-27-2016 08:17 PM

I received my new KKS radiator today. I inspected it out of the box and it looks very nice.

I'll try and test fit it into the core support tomorrow.

OregonNed 09-28-2016 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I went from a 12 inch oval air cleaner to a 14 inch round, 3 inch high... I like having more of the carburetor covered, and the smaller one looked a little too small.

matthamby 09-28-2016 08:50 AM

Where did you get the adjusting alternator arm/bracket? It just looks cooler than the factory style bracket.

OregonNed 09-28-2016 10:26 AM

If I remember right - from summit - along with the triangular shaped mount on the bottom. Agreed - wasn't thrilled with the black bracket covering the top. The alternator was a replacement (Power Master) because the other was faulty when I purchased the truck. The brand was March, I believe.

matthamby 09-28-2016 11:02 AM

Thanks! I found the March ones, Summit also had their own, much cheaper, I wonder how the quality is?

sKnNyPpY 09-28-2016 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my Trim Parts black carpet in and new sill plates...nice fit, just needed to trim the back by the tank.

Attachment 1575455

Bone Stock 09-28-2016 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sought new wheel cylinders- the three letter company sent ill-fitting versions... Nobody believes that I have leafs on my 67 127" 3/4 T 2wd BB V6 305.

Bone Stock 09-28-2016 09:28 PM

Sweet look and a quick cleanup. Nice!

custom10nut 09-28-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OregonNed (Post 7726757)
I went from a 12 inch oval air cleaner to a 14 inch round, 3 inch high... I like having more of the carburetor covered, and the smaller one looked a little too small.

What brand name are your valve covers, and breather lid? They look great! I wonder if the valve overs come in a tall version? I have roller rockers and standard ones won't clear.
Beautiful engine bay. :metal:

tbrogdon 09-30-2016 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed my new HID lights with halo's.

matthamby 09-30-2016 10:58 AM

those look great! where did you get them, what brand, how much?

tbrogdon 09-30-2016 12:12 PM

Thank you, I picked them up from Octane Lighting for $218 shipped.

OregonNed 09-30-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custom10nut (Post 7727660)
What brand name are your valve covers, and breather lid? They look great! I wonder if the valve overs come in a tall version? I have roller rockers and standard ones won't clear.
Beautiful engine bay. :metal:

I bought them at the Portland swap meet one spring. Unfortunately, I do not know the brand, but I see so many on Ebay as nostalgia style? That is also where I found the air cleaner. I just did a seach on Ebay for finned valve covers and air cleaner and found several. There was also a set on the first page advertised as tall. Thank you!

OregonNed 09-30-2016 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last night I added a new turn signal lever.

In The Ten Ring 10-01-2016 07:12 PM

I worked on the truck all day! Intense effort. :lol:

I put my locking gas cap back on, picked up a quart of POR 15 substitute (forgot the name of it), and ran that over to the painter.

100%Chevy 10-01-2016 08:09 PM

Washed the old 68.
Checked all the fluids
Checked the air in all the tires.
Re-set the radio to rock and roll.Cassettes in the console!
Made sure the A/C still works!
Went and filled up with alcohol free gas.
Going crusing tomorrow.
CTC-Goula Cruise here in Pascagoula,Ms.!
Mike.:chevy:

GR8-68 10-01-2016 08:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fitted the repair panels and the passenger side door.

jescates 10-01-2016 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rebuilt a rag joint! Made a world of difference!

rustytruck50 10-01-2016 11:31 PM

Got a new master cylinder and wheel cylinder installed and took the dog for a ride...we lost his brother a week ago and thought a ride would do him good.

mud.man.rj 10-01-2016 11:34 PM

I drove it to the gym,the market garden and grocery store plus a coffee run all with my daughter, was awesome to hang out with her. Great day.

ekgguy 10-02-2016 12:12 AM

Loosely bolted it all back together with the NEW-TO-ME parts I have been accumulating over the last year to make sure everything fit.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...psglrulepx.jpg

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8gp7ij2z.jpg

Then blew it all back apart to finish a couple of rust repairs on the fenders and paint the inside of the cab.

IronmanC10 10-02-2016 12:01 PM

I bought my truck from my stepfather who bought it from a stranger on a handshake. So, what did I do to my truck today? I sent a nicely worded letter to the registered owner asking that they work with me to transfer the truck. I hope they don't have sellers remorse after 10 years !!

Andy4639 10-02-2016 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Small mod but makes it much easier to plug in the trickle charger. I don't drive it as much as I did and the new alarm and remote start have a small drain on the battery all the time so after sitting a week are so the battery is dead.:chevy:

In The Ten Ring 10-02-2016 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronmanC10 (Post 7730698)
I bought my truck from my stepfather who bought it from a stranger on a handshake. So, what did I do to my truck today? I sent a nicely worded letter to the registered owner asking that they work with me to transfer the truck. I hope they don't have sellers remorse after 10 years !!

I have read some wild things on here, but I think that takes the cake.

IronmanC10 10-02-2016 06:16 PM

Haha I know right! He had all sorts of money sunk into it too but the restoration isn't done so he never registered/insured it. I am scared this doesn't go well....... rules here are I wait 30 days after my sent registered letter with no response to gain ownership. It is going to be a long month. I will post in 30 days with the outcome because that day I hope to hug my truck instead of kissing it goodbye.

rsmarr1982 10-02-2016 08:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got my front bumper and all front lights working, even got my mirrors on. Took my truck on its first real drive , about 40 miles. I accomplished my goal of getting it on the road before the de-icing and road salt come down in NorthEast ohio

Boog 10-02-2016 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here ya go.