The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

74baggedbug 11-14-2015 09:38 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Yanked out the hid's and cheap halogen conversion and went to hella headlights and halogen bulbs and did the headlight relay mod.. Very happy with the results

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...B7ACC25056.jpg

mud.man.rj 11-14-2015 10:41 PM

That truck is so wallpaper worthy, shiny headlights and all.

In The Ten Ring 11-15-2015 12:37 AM

I stored the parts away in the garage.....it looks like a "cubicle" of boxed parts!

Oh my junked up garage! :jdp:

wreckedchevy 11-15-2015 06:57 PM

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/...pskvxiovoz.jpg

In The Ten Ring 11-15-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckedchevy (Post 7377315)

Um, why did you weld angle to the top of your hood?

In The Ten Ring 11-15-2015 09:33 PM

I clear coated my inner grill today. It's not perfect, but considering what I had to paint it with (spray paint) and how bad it looked "before," I am happy.

I had a few runs.....I think once I get the NOS emblem on and polished outer grill, also the grill guard, no one will notice.

EARNHARDT#3 11-15-2015 09:42 PM

This weekend I installed the following items on my truck: flex plate, powerglide transmission, tubular crossmember, driveshaft, rear shocks, lokar floor shifter, starter, trans cooler lines, lots of other small things associated with my automatic swap. Got it to the point where I could fire it up and get it topped off with ATF. What's left? New exhaust to be put on, longer speedo cable, remove clutch pedal, put new shift boot on when it comes.

Synestran 11-15-2015 09:49 PM

I rebuilt the carb, changed spark plug wires and spark plugs, new vacuum advance, adjusted the timing a little bit and then drove it around the neighborhood a couple of times to make sure she is running properly. Still not 100% perfect, but enough to drive without any worries.

72c105speed 11-15-2015 09:59 PM

Today I removed more interior parts, radio, climate control etc. unbolted the bed and got rid of extra wiring... Need a few extra hands to pull it off

jdalexa84 11-15-2015 09:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I started on the install of a used gear set. I think my pinion might be in to deep but not real certain. Got to dark to mess around with it. This is my first differential setup. Backlash was easy enough to set, I have it at .007 and pinion preload at 16 in/lbs

wreckedchevy 11-15-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring (Post 7377483)
Um, why did you weld angle to the top of your hood?

It seemed like a good idea at the time

midniteblues 11-15-2015 10:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pulled mine outside and listened too the exhaust and let it warm up a lil'. Sounds great. It's a lil' loud for my likeing. But it's ok.
I still need to make the exshaut tips.

The kid an I both have dual snorkel z28 air cleaners.
His was a $5.jy find that I gave him,
and mine was a $25.swap meet find. Except I didn't get a lid. So I reused my other lid.
I plan on removing the useless stuff on mine and blasting and paint but it's ok for now.
The kid is good with his the way it is only he wants to get rid of the 5.0.
I so I took both and swapped snorkels.
His now has two straight snorkels.
And mine has two angled snorkels.
Looks much better.
Here's some b4 and after pics.

midniteblues 11-15-2015 11:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I forgot to include a few "outside" pics.
We all like pics.

And one at the end of the nite changing oil on the kids truck.
I thought this pic was pretty cool looking with 2 67's in the garage.

Lancialonnie 11-15-2015 11:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1467677

Attachment 1467678

I finally figured out how to attach pics again, I'm not much of a computer guy.

So after 4 months at the paint shop it is finally getting close. This is the first tinted bed liner this shop has done and I love the way it turned out! The under bed gas tank was installed Friday and it is finally moving on its own again. The paint shop hopes to reassemble the rest and do some touch up this week and then I can bring it home and install all the goodies the UPS driver has been dropping off at the house!

magwakeenercew2jh 11-16-2015 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by midniteblues (Post 7377682)
I forgot to include a few "outside" pics.
We all like pics.

And one at the end of the nite changing oil on the kids truck.
I thought this pic was pretty cool looking with 2 67's in the garage.

Pretty cool? Are you kidding? Incredibly cool.

Hope you don't mind my taking a few (tiny) liberties with your beautiful shot.

And then using it for my computer wallpaper.

gmebey 11-16-2015 12:08 AM

I check off one more task in this long project..... Replaced a shot distributor!

88Stanger 11-16-2015 01:22 AM

lets see, made a custom alt. bracket since i have tall custom aluminum valve covers. Then i started the fill in the fan hole and wire junction box on the firewall, and start work on the rebuilding of the gauge cluster to white faced gauges with red leds for standard background along with amber, green and blue for standard color replacement.

Mator 11-16-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9teen69 (Post 7372973)
Installed new steering wheel and cowl to hood seal.

Where did you get the hood to cowl seal. I cant seem to get mine to lay down and it keep keeps the hood lines out of place.

73737373 11-16-2015 11:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Buff (Wizard products) and wax; over and over and over. Took the cowl off and buffed/waxed all of that area, including the windshield wiper arms on Sat. Was kind of cool and damp here (OK) on Sunday, so started a fire in the barn and sat there and worked the actual cowl in a nice warm and dry place. Paint is awfully thin in some spots, but where there's paint, it looks great. Straightened out a couple of the lower bedside trim pieces and attached new woodgrain tape. Took off Sierra Grande emblem and used Barkeeper's Friend and a toothbrush and got 45 years of crud off of it; looks brand new. Lots and lots of time and detail work, but much cheaper than hiring a painter and/or buying new chrome and emblems. And put on my new whitewalls, factory steelies and PO1 hubcaps (not the full wheel cover)...Sweet. Yeah, I know, everyone wants a pic....... These are the before.......

eric67c10 11-16-2015 04:14 PM

Installed stereo and a ground strap
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...psqd6gpfrh.jpg
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...psncan9yct.jpg

tommy3horse 11-16-2015 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a small load of firewood cut. Had to climb a hill with terraces on gravel, she did great.

powerhaulic 11-17-2015 11:20 AM

Put mine in storage for the winter :(

Sicklajoie 11-17-2015 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ditched bed cover and took out lifting blocks in rear. Back to stock height all the way around. Next week it'll be in paint jail to repaint inside of bed and bedcaps.

Steeveedee 11-17-2015 08:18 PM

Properly wired up the HEI and removed a bunch of wires that started somewhere and ended nowhere. Fortunately none of them had power. It used to be my FIL's truck, and he did all kinds of strange stuff to it. It's getting new shoes tomorrow.

9teen69 11-17-2015 08:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Rebuilt my column...a couple weeks ago:)