The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

Jiggers72-GMC 05-27-2022 03:28 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Agreed Mike, I'm on this forum everyday looking for info .......

pjmoreland 05-27-2022 07:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The 15x8 rally wheels I had on the front of my truck were rubbing on the fender openings when I'd hit a dip in the road. Lolife recommended Stockton Wheel to have them reduced to 15x7, so that's what I did. They cut the centers out of a set of 15x8s and welded new USA-made hoops on them. Took them one week. Finally installed them today.

MrBlue 05-27-2022 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed the 99 Tahoe seats after replacing the leather with something in black. Still need to smooth the leather, but love the look.

Sheepdip 05-27-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoreland (Post 9084188)
The 15x8 rally wheels I had on the front of my truck were rubbing on the fender openings when I'd hit a dip in the road. Lolife recommended Stockton Wheel to have them reduced to 15x7, so that's what I did. They cut the centers out of a set of 15x8s and welded new USA-made hoops on them. Took them one week. Finally installed them today.

Been around a long time, started out making wagon wheels. I believe they are in their original location still on Fremont St. across the water from the Port.

D.B 05-27-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Your truck is looking nice and the wheels look great. I thought Stockton Wheel went out of business. Glad to see they are still going. I sent my 8 lug factory rims out to them back in 94 so they could install the centers into wider rims. So I have 16x8's in front and 16x10's out back.
I was out at the C10 Nats a couple of weeks ago and I was showing people your dummy gas cap neck that I have on my 72 C20 and everyone liked it. Hopefully it will get you some sells on them. Keep up the good work!!

pjmoreland 05-27-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B (Post 9084226)
Your truck is looking nice and the wheels look great. I thought Stockton Wheel went out of business. Glad to see they are still going. I sent my 8 lug factory rims out to them back in 94 so they could install the centers into wider rims. So I have 16x8's in front and 16x10's out back.
I was out at the C10 Nats a couple of weeks ago and I was showing people your dummy gas cap neck that I have on my 72 C20 and everyone liked it. Hopefully it will get you some sells on them. Keep up the good work!!

Thank you!

Willowrun 05-27-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

2wd square blazers came with 15x7 rally wheels from the factory. What backspacing did you go with? Wondering if it is the same as the factory 15x7's.

pjmoreland 05-27-2022 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willowrun (Post 9084228)
2wd square blazers came with 15x7 rally wheels from the factory. What backspacing did you go with? Wondering if it is the same as the factory 15x7's.

I went with 3-7/8", which is the same as the 15x8 6-lug rally rims. I did that because I knew they would clear my lower control arms without trimming them.

72c20customcamper 05-30-2022 07:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Started the stake side for the 68 anniversary truck . Some of the slab leftovers I usually cut up for firewood . These are hickory I’m going to just but a slab on each side . Also will have to bow tie some of the end cracks before I finish sand them this week all I did today was send them through the planer.

BASE 05-31-2022 08:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I've got a few different projects going on with my truck at the moment. Replacing inner/outer rockers is one of them. I noticed the cab wasn't lining up with the bed at all a few days ago. DS was ~1 low, PS was fine. I was worried something moved while I had the cab cut up. A few days later I went out and measured the body mounts on both sides, they were identical (~2" for the rears). As I was scratching my head I walked around the truck and noticed the PS was now ~1" low as well.

New body mounts fixed it right up but I'm still a little puzzled why both of the rear cab mounts collapsed ~1" while sitting in my garage after 54 years of driving around. Seems unlikely, but I looked at some recent photos, and they seem to confirm I'm not losing my mind. It was sitting just fine a few weeks ago.

In other news, I finally got catainfab's booster mount and PS frame adapter installed. Both of those items were $ well spent and I'm sure saved me a lot of work & head-scratching.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 06-01-2022 01:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished installing the body, moldings and inner fenders. She's close to done, but no sign of windows yet.

hdrolling 06-01-2022 11:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Test fit the new bed, ready to remove/disassemble and paint.

BC10 06-02-2022 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdrolling (Post 9086162)

I am digging it. Do your rear fender lights have chrome trim around it?

paul blair 06-02-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdrolling (Post 9086162)

Looks good hdrolling. Bed kit? Just wondering if the assembly went ok or any problems.

hdrolling 06-04-2022 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BC10 (Post 9086188)
I am digging it. Do your rear fender lights have chrome trim around it?

More of a polished but yes they do.

hdrolling 06-04-2022 04:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by paul blair (Post 9086308)
Looks good hdrolling. Bed kit? Just wondering if the assembly went ok or any problems.

Yes its all Keyparts with a Mar-K white oak wood floor. Went together okay but you have to assemble and put it on the truck before any paint, I had to re drill a few holes and I still need to elongate a few after I take it apart. Not bad but I would have been upset if I would have painted everything first.

BC10 06-04-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdrolling (Post 9087236)
More of a polished but yes they do.

I love them! Which place did you order yours from?

hdrolling 06-04-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC10 (Post 9087245)
I love them! Which place did you order yours from?

I just them off ebay, search New Clear Lens Deluxe Side Marker Light Set W/ Trim For 68-72 Chevrolet C10.

It was like $30 for two

BASE 06-05-2022 09:10 AM

I'm not really getting off to a fantastic start with my brake lines. I spent about 4hrs making the two short lines that connect the master to the prop valve. And yes, I did forget to put the fitting on once, and then put the wrong size on the next try. Decided it was time to cool off and try again another day.

67 twins 06-05-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BASE (Post 9087465)
I'm not really getting off to a fantastic start with my brake lines. I spent about 4hrs making the two short lines that connect the master to the prop valve. And yes, I did forget to put the fitting on once, and then put the wrong size on the next try. Decided it was time to cool off and try again another day.

Hey at least you stopped before making the 3rd mistake. Which is putting the fitting on the wrong direction. Done that one myself. Sometimes walking away and doing something else is the best thing to do.

Jiggers72-GMC 06-05-2022 09:25 AM

We've all done it BASE, no shame in that :)

Mortomr 06-05-2022 09:59 PM

I fabbed up some 3point seatbelt mounts that just clears the gas tank and tucks the ratchet mechanisms snug in behind the bench seat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nima 06-05-2022 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally swapped my C20 heavy duty spring to just 1/2 ton coils and replaced the shocks in hope of a little softer ride.

FleetsidePaul 06-06-2022 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nima (Post 9087824)
I finally swapped my C20 heavy duty spring to just 1/2 ton coils and replaced the shocks in hope of a little softer ride.

Springs scare me ever since one of the mechanics at work shot one though the roof of the shop and almost took off his head. The foreman wasn't happy.

Don't ask me how he did it. But he did. He got in a lot of trouble for that one. And of course we all made fun of him.

72c20customcamper 06-06-2022 11:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Worked on the stakeside boards this is why projects take me so long I get carried away . I could have epoxy glued the cracks but no not me . Ended up doing bow ties out of black walnut . Two coats of spar urethane so far .