The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

ole dollor 12-03-2015 01:50 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

[QUOTE=kingstrider;7396856]I refinished my emblems using lacquer paint and a hypodermic syringe...

man that looks new, great idea...

74baggedbug 12-03-2015 02:20 PM

Ordered a Hughes 2500 stall as a early Christmas present for the 68.. Should install it next week

chevytoban 12-03-2015 03:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all...newbie here. first post or reply, not really sure what I'm doing yet.LOL
We have a 69 GMC 910 that we are working on (my 2 boys and I) long bed. Just have the box off along with shocks and springs and are coating the frame etc with POR 15 and lowering it 3"in the rear and 1" in the front. I want to install a rear sway bar and eventually a front. Still have drums all around and will get to that another time when we have the money. Question is what do I need to do this properly and what is the best way. I want to start with the rear first. I have a 400 SBC with a gear vendor overdive with a one piece drive shaft already installed I understand that I can use a rear sway bar assembly from a 95 -96 Camaro any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

ole dollor 12-03-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevytoban (Post 7397441)
Hi all...newbie here. first post or reply, not really sure what I'm doing yet.LOL
We have a 69 GMC 910 that we are working on (my 2 boys and I) long bed. Just have the box off along with shocks and springs and are coating the frame etc with POR 15 and lowering it 3"in the rear and 1" in the front. I want to install a rear sway bar and eventually a front. Still have drums all around and will get to that another time when we have the money. Question is what do I need to do this properly and what is the best way. I want to start with the rear first. I have a 400 SBC with a gear vendor overdive with a one piece drive shaft already installed I understand that I can use a rear sway bar assembly from a 95 -96 Camaro any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

welcome from West Texas ,glad to see you and your boys will be working on this together . a life time of memories ......can't get any better than that....Don

wreckedchevy 12-03-2015 08:15 PM

getting closer, the innards are painted just have to reassemble everything but it's bowling night so have to wait til tomorrow (hopefully)

BugzC10 12-03-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake's first (Post 7395543)
Stopped by Marquez Design last week to pick up a radiator close out panel as a gift to tod that built my small block .. So I dropped it off to him I think he likes it..Attachment 1472569

I tried looking that up on their site...no luck. What's the part number?

firedemon 12-03-2015 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did my Harley emblems like that yours look great

FIREBALL 12-04-2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XwalkerX (Post 7396598)
is that pump mounted in the jug?

what was that from?

I need a new washer pump for my 72

Yes it's from the 88-94 style c/k 1500 trucks I like them better than the s-10 style cause the pump is in the back instead of the s-10 (located on the front plus the c/k's hold a lot more washer fluid too... Main thing is I got the pump out from under the dash and like this style better?

And those Cheyenne and superglide emblems look awesome.....

FIREBALL 12-04-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevytoban (Post 7397441)

Welcome to the site this place is awesome and all the people here are great too.... I'm interested as well on the rear 4th gen Camaro sway bar cause if that's true I got one that I'll install on my 71 as well ......

chevytoban 12-04-2015 07:12 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, this site is great. I found a picture on this site of what it looks like and how it was done. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=334003 Just have to find an older Camaro now.

vidman 12-04-2015 08:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
stopped by the guy thats doing my interior and snapped some pics..should get the cab back by next week.. :metal:

Possmguts 12-05-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidman (Post 7398893)
stopped by the guy thats doing my interior and snapped some pics..should get the cab back by next week.. :metal:

Looks real nice.. but I have a question for you. Do those thick back seats put you too close to the wheel and cramp your legs any?

Possmguts 12-05-2015 08:30 PM

Not much.. just got the inside of the cab under primer. Hope the weather is nice enough tomorrow to drag it out side to get it set on the frame so i can roll it and the frame back in the garage.

vidman 12-05-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possmguts (Post 7399815)
Looks real nice.. but I have a question for you. Do those thick back seats put you too close to the wheel and cramp your legs any?

I bolted them down and had them powered up with the column in and for me at 5'9", I have plenty of room..

Andy4639 12-05-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidman (Post 7398893)

I'm really liking the door panels. Those look great. I want to do something with mine this winter just haven't figured out what yet!:chevy:

ekgguy 12-05-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidman (Post 7399871)
I bolted them down and had them powered up with the column in and for me at 5'9", I have plenty of room..

Are those newer chevy seats that have been cut down?

Possmguts 12-05-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidman (Post 7399871)

Good to know.. Im 5' 9" also and I bought a set of brand new buckets for a Vibe... They are a little thinner in back so I should be good.. havnt got as far as making mounts for them yet though.. Once I get the cab back on the frame Ill get to that.

Thanks

wreckedchevy 12-06-2015 03:59 PM

getting close

Possmguts 12-06-2015 04:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got the cab put back in its place... Im happy for now. I see progress once again.

vidman 12-06-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possmguts (Post 7400623)
Got the cab put back in its place... Im happy for now. I see progress once again.

Looking good...looking real good.. takes a lot of work too make it look like that Good job..:metal::metal::metal:

vidman 12-06-2015 05:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pulled the bed off again to make room for my cab that i will get back sometime next week..

slowcpe 12-06-2015 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished stripping and cleaning the front frame. Ready for some Porterbuilt parts. :metal:

Attachment 1474021

Possmguts 12-06-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidman (Post 7400672)
Pulled the bed off again to make room for my cab that i will get back sometime next week..

That black looks amazing... Love the lift system you got going on there... That would make life so much more gooder in my garage!

vidman 12-06-2015 06:41 PM

When i built the garage in 1984 i made sure there was a steel beam holding up the second floor..Its a 18" I-beam 26' long with two 2 ton trollys on it. And i use them most every day..

Possmguts 12-06-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidman (Post 7400726)
When i built the garage in 1984 i made sure there was a steel beam holding up the second floor..Its a 18" I-beam 26' long with two 2 ton trollys on it. And i use them most every day..

Very smart move indeed. I never got to build the shop i wanted out back when I built this house in 2000. Ive been stuck cramped up in the 2 1/2 attached garage doing my truck... Its like working in the stone ages..