The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendors Marketplace (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Boyd Welding-67-72 Rear Mount Aluminum Tank (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=362307)

dean jendro 09-29-2010 08:55 AM

Re: Boyd Welding-67-72 Rear Mount Aluminum Tank

Looks like mine is on the road too. Thanks, Dave.

67-C10 09-29-2010 10:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Came home to a nice box from the big brown truck. couldn't wait to hang it in. Fits like a glove.

smokinstang70 09-30-2010 06:59 AM

Got mine yesterday to... sweet surprise to come home to!!!

It will be a little while before I get mine mounted.... but having another part for the truck increases my motivation that much more.

Tank looks great... Thanks again Dave.

chapster 10-03-2010 12:02 AM

Hey Dave,

Do you have a tracking number for my parts?

Thanks,
Kevin

68GMCCustom 10-03-2010 01:25 PM

Got my tank and looks and fits in the frame great. I have a question though....I have a filler neck w/cap, a sending unit, and 3 empty fittings on this tank. If one of the top 2 empty fittings is for a "safety vent"....then I didn't recieve one? I've gone thru the box twice and only found paperwork and a sticker. I'm guessing the other fitting is for a return line if needed, and the last on the lower front side is for the fuel line....just don't know what this 3rd fitting is for unless I'm supposed to have a vent for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveboyd
GROUP BUY PRICING STARTING 9-7-10

NORMAL PRICE = 349 tank + 34.00 sender + 34.00 safety vent +39.00 shipping

GROUP BUY STANDARD TANK- 349 shipped SAVE OVER $100.00
Includes:
-Bed or side Filler
-0-90 ohm sender
-Safety Vent
-Baffles
is it supposed to be one of these?
http://www.boydwelding.com/wp-conten...NT-300x225.jpg

6T9GMC 10-04-2010 01:22 PM

I missed it again! Any exceptions? Please!

Daveboyd 10-04-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom (Post 4222290)
Got my tank and looks and fits in the frame great. I have a question though....I have a filler neck w/cap, a sending unit, and 3 empty fittings on this tank. If one of the top 2 empty fittings is for a "safety vent"....then I didn't recieve one? I've gone thru the box twice and only found paperwork and a sticker. I'm guessing the other fitting is for a return line if needed, and the last on the lower front side is for the fuel line....just don't know what this 3rd fitting is for unless I'm supposed to have a vent for it?

is it supposed to be one of these?
http://www.boydwelding.com/wp-conten...NT-300x225.jpg

Yes, that safety vent should have been threaded into the 1/2" npt fitting on the tank. Give me a call in the morning and we will get one right out to you.

68GMCCustom 10-04-2010 11:15 PM

will do. nothing threaded into mine....other then the sending unit being mounted in place and the filler tube and cap...nothing in the 3 fittings.

chapster 10-05-2010 09:57 PM

Hey Dave,

Please check PM

Thanks

SWB4x4 10-06-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWB4x4 (Post 4204055)
Order Number: 5KP02327980765225

Ordered :chevy:

when do you think I can expect mine Dave? :chevy:

Daveboyd 10-06-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWB4x4 (Post 4226941)
when do you think I can expect mine Dave? :chevy:

All Remaining Tanks are shipping today. If you have an E-mail addy on file You should receive a Tracking number via email this evening.

Daveboyd 10-06-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom (Post 4225044)
will do. nothing threaded into mine....other then the sending unit being mounted in place and the filler tube and cap...nothing in the 3 fittings.

Thanks for calling Your Safety vent will ship today.

68GMCCustom 10-06-2010 12:57 PM

Thanks Dave!

SWB4x4 10-06-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveboyd (Post 4227287)
All Remaining Tanks are shipping today. If you have an E-mail addy on file You should receive a Tracking number via email this evening.

sounds good..... Thanks for the update.

nimrod 10-06-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveboyd (Post 4227287)

Sweet! I received my tracking number 20 minutes ago!

dean jendro 10-06-2010 09:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Dave,
I got mine today and it looks great!! Just a couple of questions from a guy who does not pretend to be either a plumber or an electrician and has never done anything to an EFI rig except drive it. Could you please identify all the various holes and connections on my EFI tank? Some of this is obvious but maybe not to all of us.
Secondly, it appears that everyone is mounting the tank under the frame rail. I set mine inside the frame so I wouldn't have to find my big clamps and it seems to fit fine just like that. Is it just so that it will be easier to remove later and drop down or does mounting it to the lower inside frame rail move it too close to the bed?
Thanks a lot for a great product and all your help.
Dean

swamp rat 10-06-2010 10:34 PM

Mine was delivered today while i'm at work, its now resting safely in the house per my other half.. She was happy to know it was carryable and not too heavy. :)

68C10HotRod 10-07-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean jendro (Post 4228206)
Dave,
I got mine today and it looks great!! Just a couple of questions from a guy who does not pretend to be either a plumber or an electrician and has never done anything to an EFI rig except drive it. Could you please identify all the various holes and connections on my EFI tank? Some of this is obvious but maybe not to all of us.
Secondly, it appears that everyone is mounting the tank under the frame rail. I set mine inside the frame so I wouldn't have to find my big clamps and it seems to fit fine just like that. Is it just so that it will be easier to remove later and drop down or does mounting it to the lower inside frame rail move it too close to the bed?
Dean

Those are pretty good questions Dean. I haven't got mine mocked up yet but hoping to very soon & after looking at your pics, agree it would be great to have a few simple notations on them for hookup reference. I'm not sure what the low front edge hole by the track bar is for. I assumed the hole on top is the return line but .....

Any light you could shed would be greatly appreciated Dave. Thanks.

Daveboyd 10-08-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean jendro (Post 4228206)
Dave,
Dean

Dean,

Great questions. Mounting the tank inside the frame rails is ok too it will raise your tank about a 1/4" closer to the bed so just make sure you have the clearance. Structurally the tank will be fine.

From the fill cap counter clockwise you have
-Fill cap or ribbed 90 degree fill
- 1/2" NPT for your vent (safety vent included)
- 3/8" NPT return both EFI and Non EFI
- on the efi unit you have a 3/8 NPT for your fuel out
- Sending unit flange with sender installed
- 3/8 NPT on bottom front pass side for drain if you have an EFI Tank and IF your tank is non EFI then that fitting is your Fuel out to engine.

chevy71c10 10-09-2010 08:15 AM

Thanks Dave, Received my tank yesterday in great condition, was packed with care. Can't wait to get it installed this weekend!!

Thanks Again,
Justin

dean jendro 10-09-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveboyd (Post 4230360)
Dean,

Great questions. Mounting the tank inside the frame rails is ok too it will raise your tank about a 1/4" closer to the bed so just make sure you have the clearance. Structurally the tank will be fine.

From the fill cap counter clockwise you have
-Fill cap or ribbed 90 degree fill
- 1/2" NPT for your vent (safety vent included)
- 3/8" NPT return both EFI and Non EFI
- on the efi unit you have a 3/8 NPT for your fuel out
- Sending unit flange with sender installed
- 3/8 NPT on bottom front pass side for drain if you have an EFI Tank and IF your tank is non EFI then that fitting is your Fuel out to engine.

Dave,
I'll see how much clearance I have and possibly mount it inside the frame.
Are there any tricks to the electrical connections on the pump and sending unit or is that self explanitory? Thanks for the quick answer on the plumbing questions. I hope it helps someone elso too.
Dean

SWB4x4 10-14-2010 12:03 AM

got mine today NICE piece! Thanks again Dave :metal:

Daveboyd 10-14-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean jendro (Post 4232090)
Dave,
I'll see how much clearance I have and possibly mount it inside the frame.
Are there any tricks to the electrical connections on the pump and sending unit or is that self explanitory? Thanks for the quick answer on the plumbing questions. I hope it helps someone elso too.
Dean

Dean,

nope no trick there should be scribes below the fittings marking positive and negative. you should sandwich an electrical connector in between the two nuts on the post don't loosen the lower nut only the top.

Daveboyd 10-14-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWB4x4 (Post 4239885)
got mine today NICE piece! Thanks again Dave :metal:

:wop:

68GMCCustom 10-14-2010 10:43 AM

does anyone have their bed fill tank installed yet? I'd like to see how the filler comes out/looks/fits.