The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   72 Cheyenne Super Plain Jane (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=462072)

NewType72 07-03-2012 01:39 PM

Re: 72 Cheyenne Super First Project

Holy crap those calipers look damn good
Posted via Mobile Device

Graham57a 07-12-2012 08:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got a couple more ends tied up

Graham57a 07-12-2012 08:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
that plate above the rad is gonna be polished but we still have to cut out a hole for the filler neck so its still covered

NewType72 07-12-2012 08:53 PM

man that thing is lookin SAAWHEEEET! :metal:

longbed67 07-12-2012 11:07 PM

Things are really coming together for ya! Looking stellar Andrew!

Graham57a 07-13-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewType72 (Post 5482977)
man that thing is lookin SAAWHEEEET! :metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbed67 (Post 5483268)
Things are really coming together for ya! Looking stellar Andrew!

Thanks guys. Should have the rest of the sheet metal back from the body shop in a week or so and then I can jamb everything together. Also gonna make a sweet battery box on my buddies laser cnc machine, should look something like the fan brackets. Stay tuned

67cheby 07-13-2012 11:08 AM

SWEET radiator !

Dieselwrencher 07-13-2012 09:16 PM

Great progress Dude! It is looking sweet!

gcburdic 07-16-2012 12:32 PM

I love the brackets for the electric fan!!!

Graham57a 07-16-2012 02:55 PM

Thanks guys. I'm tryin to talk Gary at Fluidyne into making radiators like this one in production designed to fit trucks like ours. Would there be any interest? They would make the units completely decked out with the fan and everything

Graham57a 07-26-2012 09:39 PM

Can one of the moderators change my title to "72 Cheyenne Super Plain Jane"???? My girlfriend named my truck Jane and I was trying to think of a clever title.

As far as progress goes, nothing has really happened. I got headlights and a voltage regulator, haha. I should have the rest of the body back hopefully by the middle to end of next week. Stay posted for pics:metal:

gcburdic 07-27-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham57a (Post 5507366)
Can one of the moderators change my title to "72 Cheyenne Super Plain Jane

Done!:D

Graham57a 07-27-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcburdic (Post 5507904)
Done!:D

Thanks Geoff!! Hey what do you know about the TN truck farm??

mcbassin 07-27-2012 11:12 AM

Re: 72 Cheyenne Super Plain Jane

very nice progress!

CC69Rat 07-27-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham57a (Post 5508032)
Thanks Geoff!! Hey what do you know about the TN truck farm??

You referring to Dean's place? I have been and talked to him before. I understand he has had some bad deals in the past (on here) but I don't know the details .. nor do I want to.

Just sayin.. He seemed like a good dude to me but I'd approach somewhat guarded just incase.

He's got a bunch of stuff though! He knows his trucks knows the value and it pretty proud of the stuff he does have. He had approx 35 trucks in his lot the last time I went up there.

Graham57a 07-27-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5508133)
You referring to Dean's place? I have been and talked to him before. I understand he has had some bad deals in the past (on here) but I don't know the details .. nor do I want to.

Just sayin.. He seemed like a good dude to me but I'd approach somewhat guarded just incase.

He's got a bunch of stuff though! He knows his trucks knows the value and it pretty proud of the stuff he does have. He had approx 35 trucks in his lot the last time I went up there.

Yea that's the one. I was checking out his website last night and couldn't believe the stuff he had. I was thinkin about makin a trip out there (3.5 hrs) but if he's to high on prices then I'll save my money. Looks like there is tons of potential tho

omodified 07-27-2012 12:22 PM

If you wait until fall, Dean usually comes to The Charlotte Auto Fair. You tell him what you want and he brings it to the show. Pretty good guy far as I can tell. I wish he would update his website pics and put up some pricing though.

N2TRUX 07-27-2012 12:45 PM

I'm late in the game, but your doing an awesome build. I love the detail you are putting in to this, especially considering your age.

Not being critical, but those radiator fitting need to be another color. Yeah, I know you paid buck bucks for those pretty blue fittings, but they really clash with your orange and black theme. Maybe a trip to the powder coaters...;)

CC69Rat 07-27-2012 12:49 PM

Again, Dean's a good dude and I have no reason not to like him. I bought a whole bunch of stuff from him in fact. It might be worth your trip to go see him? Maybe stay a couple days in Pigeon Forge (he's on the same exit 407) but .. bring your $$. He knows what he's got.

I bought one of the cleanest 68 Core Supports from him I have ever seen.

Graham57a 07-27-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 5508226)
I'm late in the game, but your doing an awesome build. I love the detail you are putting in to this, especially considering your age.

Not being critical, but those radiator fitting need to be another color. Yeah, I know you paid buck bucks for those pretty blue fittings, but they really clash with your orange and black theme. Maybe a trip to the powder coaters...;)

Thanks for the compliments. Idk if the line would be able to survive the powder coat cause they have to bake the powder on after it gets sprayed. The other alternative would be to get new fittings and get them powdered and then build the line but that's probably a 200 dollar venture for an upper rad hose. I agree tho, I'm not really a fan of the obnoxious blue fittings. Might just rock them for a while and put that on the list of fine tuning.:metal:

Graham57a 07-27-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 5508232)
Again, Dean's a good dude and I have no reason not to like him. I bought a whole bunch of stuff from him in fact. It might be worth your trip to go see him? Maybe stay a couple days in Pigeon Forge (he's on the same exit 407) but .. bring your $$. He knows what he's got.

I bought one of the cleanest 68 Core Supports from him I have ever seen.

I understand. I think that in order for the trip to be worth my while he would have to be pretty cheap on his prices considering I don't really need anything. But it's always good to know about places like that. I noticed that he deals a lot with ebay so he's probably pretty up to date on the market. I just figured the place might be a gold mine if it was some old guy who was just getting rid of stuff to clean up his property.

gcburdic 07-27-2012 05:37 PM

Andrew...I have not dealt with Dean at all, but as Chad said he has some good stuff and he knows what he has...I've seen him at Autofair w/ buddy buckets, a patina 67, etc all priced appropriately or above appropriate:lol:

RCbowtie69 07-28-2012 12:14 PM

I see you have made some more headway on your build,looking good.Keep the pictures coming & keep on truckin' :metal::cool:

Graham57a 09-03-2012 11:24 PM

Okay so you guys are gonna hate me but I'm okay with that. I drove all the way home from school last night at midnight after getting off work all day to spend my labor day putting doors and fenders on my baby. They look soooooo sick and they fit perfectly, almost. I am completely happy and excited about this.
Now to the hate part, I took two cell phone pics and they aren't really worth a darn but you can kinda get an idea. So you guys go ahead and post your "This thread is worthless without pics" crap but I promised in previous posts that I was getting fenders and doors from the body shop and I wanted to inform everyone that such an event did occur. Now let your imagination fill in the blanks until I can get better pictures, enjoy and be patient:)

Graham57a 09-03-2012 11:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here ya go