The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   SANFORD build thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=522019)

jhrusk 06-20-2018 07:54 AM

Re: SANFORD build thread

For sure John. It was good to meet you and your Dad. It was a neat show and we had a good time. Keep me up to date on any future builds. Hope you get your Grandads truck to PF.

made2drag 07-04-2018 03:26 PM

Killer!

CousinTone 07-06-2018 08:09 PM

I’m speechless, but can still ask a question. What is the bed wood? Hickory? Your skills are incredible and I’m getting ready to get my 64 started after 3 years of gathering items I know I’ll need. If mine turns out 1/10th your quality, I’ll consider it a success. Congratulations on all the accolades, WELL DESERVED.

jimmythompson1964 07-07-2018 01:54 PM

I stood in front of your truck for a long time admiring the clean under hood at the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge last year...really over the top build sir.

jhrusk 07-08-2018 12:25 PM

Thank you guys for the comments, it was a lot of work but meeting all the great people is awesome. The wood in the bed is black walnut with a satin clear stain. I plan to be back in pigeon forge with it this fall so if you see around please say hello.

hardwaa 07-12-2018 03:51 AM

Truck is sooo *****EN. REALLY nice job. This is how Chevy should have built them.

hardwaa 07-12-2018 03:52 AM

* b-i-t-c-h-e-n ^

jhrusk 07-12-2018 07:37 AM

Thanks hardwaa. Your gasser influenced truck caused all this. Lol.

jimmythompson1964 07-12-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhrusk (Post 8296584)
Thank you guys for the comments, it was a lot of work but meeting all the great people is awesome. The wood in the bed is black walnut with a satin clear stain. I plan to be back in pigeon forge with it this fall so if you see around please say hello.

I,ll make it a point to come by and see you.

Robert Haas 07-12-2018 10:52 AM

I read this thread start to finish again and again.

We have different tastes but I aspire to finish to your impressive level. I fear I will not come close but it won't stop me from trying.

So happy to see you enjoying your truck after the thousands of hours of back breaking work.

Thank you for the time you spent showing us how to do one right.

Robert

jhrusk 08-14-2018 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a small update, after an exhausting fitech experience I have decided to take the plunge for a Holley system. Hopefully with better results. I've driven it about 5 miles but time will tell the tale

timmytimm3 08-14-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhrusk (Post 8322229)
Just a small update, after an exhausting fitech experience I have decided to take the plunge for a Holley system. Hopefully with better results. I've driven it about 5 miles but time will tell the tale

What kind of issues did you have with Fitech? My father is getting ready to run his 496 on one he already bought...

Thanks

jhrusk 08-14-2018 12:41 PM

Hope he has better luck. I bought the 600 hp kit and there in line pump set up. Didn't have any issues for about a thousand miles. I drove the truck to pigeon forge in April and about 3 1/2 hours in the pump quit. I bought a new pump at the show and installed in later. The first trip with it it was extremely loud. I ended up putting an in tank pump and that fixed that problem. Soon after did a test drive and sitting in my driveway it shut off and never started back up. This time it lost cool signal. This is the condensed version. I am going to do an in depth review on it soon. The tech support are not staffed to deal with the issues that are there. These issues stated in April and I'm just now getting a resolve. I hope the Holley systems works well but if not a carb will be going back on.

The Rocknrod 08-17-2018 05:00 PM

I read an article in one of the hot rod magazines that Holley has it nailed. "If" I were ever to go that route, that's the one I'd buy.

rusty76 10-15-2018 08:26 PM

Such a cool truck. Late to the build but man this thing is rad.

SCOTI 10-23-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhrusk (Post 8322284)
Hope he has better luck. I bought the 600 hp kit and there in line pump set up. Didn't have any issues for about a thousand miles. I drove the truck to pigeon forge in April and about 3 1/2 hours in the pump quit. I bought a new pump at the show and installed in later. The first trip with it it was extremely loud. I ended up putting an in tank pump and that fixed that problem. Soon after did a test drive and sitting in my driveway it shut off and never started back up. This time it lost cool signal. This is the condensed version. I am going to do an in depth review on it soon. The tech support are not staffed to deal with the issues that are there. These issues stated in April and I'm just now getting a resolve. I hope the Holley systems works well but if not a carb will be going back on.

Great looking truck. Curious on how the Holley set-up worked out?

jhrusk 10-23-2018 04:41 PM

So far so good on the Holley. I've probably driven it 500 miles so far and no issues. I just wanted to see how it is going to be long term.

Dads79GMC 10-24-2018 09:15 PM

Wow, just wow!!! Great build and read!! Beautiful!! Mike

jhrusk 10-25-2018 07:52 AM

Thank you

roll_the_dice 02-02-2019 10:19 AM

Just read your entire thread...all I can say is WOW. One of the best builds I have seen. Beautiful beautiful truck! Wish I had your skills, but I consider it on the job training...I am learning as I go and enjoying my modest build.

jhrusk 02-02-2019 09:45 PM

Thanks for the comments. Working on them is how you learn. Most everything I do was by trial and error. And boy there were a lot of errors.

jhrusk 12-04-2019 10:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd give an update on the truck. So far we have around 4500 miles on it. The sniper efi has been working well since the install. I had a nagging issue with the air ride system from day one so I got accuair involved and long story short they swapped out my cvt tank with a new one at no charge. Not sure exactly what was wrong but the new one has worked perfectly so far so a big thank you to accuair and their customer support. Fitech could learn a lot from those guys 😬 Was able to get it on the rotisserie at Summit for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Now if somebody had a big sack of cash we could have a good Christmas lol. 😂

aggie91 12-10-2019 04:37 PM

Very nice. Perfect place to store it for the holidays!

C10_ustacould 09-05-2020 11:12 PM

Killer build, I scrolled through the entire build looking for tire sizes but didn't find any. Would you mind sharing the brand and sizes you used?

jhrusk 09-09-2020 08:02 AM

The rear tires are BFG silver town from Coker. 285/70/15. Fronts are M/T 8 ply sportsman’s. 26/7.5/15. I wish I could find a good radial that I could use on the front but the weight is a problem. I started out using 185/60/15 radials but I lost one on a road trip. Fortunately I felt it before it blew out. Hope this helps.