The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=624544)

colgad 10-04-2015 01:46 PM

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chulisohombre (Post 7329329)
That's cool. I always get stopped at gas stations and only did a couple shows. Mine isn't even close to as nice as yours though. But still it's nice to get the compliments.

My paint looks better in pictures than it does in real life.

Brother Bob 10-04-2015 06:12 PM

Did stock coil springs, shocks, brakes, B hoses on the 72 GMC Jimmy 2WD TODAY! Did body bushings, fan clutch, fan and 4 core radiator last week or so.
Trying to get it ready for paint next month.
BB

raggedjim 10-04-2015 10:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Put my column together (3 times...) and test fitted the steering wheel.

Rg

jaros44sr 10-05-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raggedjim (Post 7330369)
Put my column together (3 times...) and test fitted the steering wheel.

Rg

Nicely done, I like the wheel, never saw one like that. Who makes it. My horn button keeps falling off, gotta buy a new mounting kit

raggedjim 10-05-2015 09:42 AM

Thanks! The wheel is one of the GM comfort-grip sport wheels from the 70's. You can find them on ePay (I actually bought mine on here). The horn button is from a Buick GS, I just removed the center emblem and put one in that I had made (some place on the internet that will make just about any round emblem in any size you want).

Rg

gottattooz 10-08-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colgad (Post 7329725)
My paint looks better in pictures than it does in real life.

That white blazer is awesome. I walked around it no less than ten times, dragging my lower jaw the whole time. It's an older build that was tastefully done. Dave wouldn't trade me for my 68 no matter how badly i begged.

-Josh

RustyParts 10-24-2015 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I backed out of the shop to do some more sanding, I may actually get some paint on this thing yet.

Chulisohombre 10-24-2015 04:41 PM

Looking good

colgad 10-24-2015 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 7351923)
I backed out of the shop to do some more sanding, I may actually get some paint on this thing yet.

Love the Jimmy's with the 67 dog house. What color are you thinking of?

jaros44sr 10-25-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 7351923)

Air inlets look good on there, so you backed it out, must be running. Have driven it around the block yet? Glad you're still working on it. More pics?

raggedjim 10-25-2015 08:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Mounted the bench seat and test fit the half top. Handled the top by myself, but I think I'll get help next time...

I haven't drilled and bolted the bulkhead yet, just trying to make sure everything is going to fit.

Rg

colgad 10-25-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raggedjim (Post 7353529)
Mounted the bench seat and test fit the half top. Handled the top by myself, but I think I'll get help next time...

I haven't drilled and bolted the bulkhead yet, just trying to make sure everything is going to fit.

Rg

Jealous, I want one so bad!

RustyParts 10-26-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colgad (Post 7352250)
Love the Jimmy's with the 67 dog house. What color are you thinking of?

Still debating, I'm looking at a two tone silver with a charcoal stripe right now.

RustyParts 10-26-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 7352850)
Air inlets look good on there, so you backed it out, must be running. Have driven it around the block yet? Glad you're still working on it. More pics?

Thanks for the comment on the scoops and yes I've been around the block. I couldn't go too fast (no windshield) but I've got to tweak the front end some.

Some of the front end problems will go away when I get new tires and shocks.

The header to exhaust pipe gave me some problems but I got that solved.

I'm ready to start driving and quit workin'.:lol:

RustyParts 10-26-2015 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by raggedjim (Post 7353529)

Rg

That top will help heat the interior during the cool Kentucky winters. I'm right up the road from you just south of Owensboro. The only problems I had with my half cab were water leaks and the window weather strip didn't snug up very good. Good Luck.

raggedjim 10-26-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 7353974)
That top will help heat the interior during the cool Kentucky winters. I'm right up the road from you just south of Owensboro. The only problems I had with my half cab were water leaks and the window weather strip didn't snug up very good. Good Luck.

You got that right! You are right about leaks, there's a ton of places I can see daylight through! I usually keep mine garaged so the only time I worry about leaks is when I'm driving.

Thanks, Rg

Big J 11-04-2015 10:00 PM

Pulled mine out of the shop, washed it, dried it, then backed it in. Sorry no pics.

DeadheadNM 11-04-2015 11:21 PM

The slider windows in the half-cabs resemble a factory unit for the pickup. I just rebuilt another one today (first one here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559651) for use in my K1500 - am curious if the weatherstrip is easy to redo on the half-cab units. GM factory sliders have screws that hold the frame pieces together in the corners, and the pieces are not welded together.

RustyParts 11-07-2015 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Put A roll pan on the front, ran out of gas for the welder. Another trip to the city.

SleepyK5 11-07-2015 11:46 PM

Looks sweet!

SleepyK5 11-07-2015 11:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished bucket seat brackets finally! Now ready to go into the toy!

raggedjim 12-12-2015 08:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Stuck the hubcaps on and picked up the seat from the upholstery shop. They said the 1988-1994 seats are very hard to do. Probably should have waited on having the seat done as now I have to keep from messing it up until I'm ready to install it.

dozerbill72 12-12-2015 10:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started putting color on stuff today.

Blazer690 01-16-2016 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Working on my top delete doors for the summer. CST top delete "ya right"

superlifted 01-16-2016 11:52 AM

New heater core.