The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

realvc 12-30-2016 10:05 AM

Re: tuba trucks

I came by your shop last year and met Cotton and some others before the party got started. Very cool place you have there.

Don, Martin, Rian and I got together at Don's place in Searcy earlier that week.

You guys were on a wrecking yard run Sat. morning when I got there and I left before you got back and the party got started on that Sat. in 2015.

I had planned on coming for the 2016 but did not make it.

I was at the WELSCO open house at Alltell arena a few weeks ago and saw a man there that looked familiar to me. Then I realized he looked like you, who I've not met.
Was that you? I started to go up the guy and say, "are you Clem Daddy?"

Great work on all the trucks and cars, thanks for sharing and thanks for keeping some cool rides on the road.

clemdaddy 01-01-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty76 (Post 7808924)
I really like those rear meats on the chassis. What tires are those? Looking good,real good.

Tires are 7:00 R15 STA (Speciality Tires of America) from Summit and thanks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by realvc (Post 7809162)
I came by your shop last year and met Cotton and some others before the party got started. Very cool place you have there.

Don, Martin, Rian and I got together at Don's place in Searcy earlier that week.

You guys were on a wrecking yard run Sat. morning when I got there and I left before you got back and the party got started on that Sat. in 2015.

I had planned on coming for the 2016 but did not make it.

I was at the WELSCO open house at Alltell arena a few weeks ago and saw a man there that looked familiar to me. Then I realized he looked like you, who I've not met.
Was that you? I started to go up the guy and say, "are you Clem Daddy?"

Great work on all the trucks and cars, thanks for sharing and thanks for keeping some cool rides on the road.

Thanks and I am sorry we haven't met yet. Perhaps this year? Didn't go to the Welsco Open House, really didn't even know about it, though I do have an account with them.

Thanks guys for visiting this rambling build thread. Should be able to post more progress on the 66 Ferd later this week.
till then...

Ta2Don 01-01-2017 09:58 AM

Keep Rambling Brother!!!:metal:

Have a Blessed New Year!!!:mm:

Bomp 01-01-2017 03:05 PM

'52 Flatty is cleeeeeean. Same as the frame.

Orange cab & doors look top notch too. I know it cause I've seen them in person.
Shoot, I knew I forgot to put the Impala Christmas lights away.

mjh1965 01-01-2017 07:38 PM

The 52 is looking good and I like the Orange and White combo . What are the colours and are the the factory colours.

clemdaddy 01-04-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7810917)
Keep Rambling Brother!!!:metal:

Have a Blessed New Year!!!:mm:

Same to ya partner...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7811253)
'52 Flatty is cleeeeeean. Same as the frame.

Orange cab & doors look top notch too. I know it cause I've seen them in person.
Shoot, I knew I forgot to put the Impala Christmas lights away.

Thanks Bomp, we're making a little headway though the temps are brutal. The Impala lights are a permanent fixture, thank you very much. We'll see if they survive the winter...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7811682)
The 52 is looking good and I like the Orange and White combo . What are the colours and are the the factory colours.

Thanks Martin, the colors on the 66 cab are cameo white and light red or as close as my paint guy can mix. Both factory as far as I know...

Appreciate you fellas looking in, hope to post some more pics as soon as the camera thaws...

clemdaddy 01-16-2017 04:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is a well optioned 66 GMC 4-wheel drive which was originally for an employee but it didn't work out. it's got power steering and brakes, a PTO driven winch, electric parking brake, 4-speed granny and a freshly rebuilt 305 V-6. it also has the saddle tank but don't know much about the condition. We straighten her out a bit and through on a 10 footer paint job and sprayed some bed liner too. All in all, not a bad Jimmy.
The plan is to roll her out to the corner for sale and see what happens...

Chevy Apache 01-16-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7828500)
This is a well optioned 66 GMC 4-wheel drive which was originally for an employee but it didn't work out. it's got power steering and brakes, a PTO driven winch, electric parking brake, 4-speed granny and a freshly rebuilt 305 V-6. it also has the saddle tank but don't know much about the condition. We straighten her out a bit and through on a 10 footer paint job and sprayed some bed liner too. All in all, not a bad Jimmy.

More great work lovely looking truck as usual Clem

Grizz1963 01-16-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7828500)

Turkey truck looking good Clem.

RANDY COX 01-16-2017 08:24 PM

really nice lookin GMC 4X4 YOU GOT THERE....and all the others I might add...

Bomp 01-16-2017 09:13 PM

Hubba Hubba, thats one fine lookin' truck.

White knuckle Garage 01-19-2017 05:17 PM

clem what is the color of the interior of the Austin Blue truck. paint code ?

clemdaddy 01-20-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White knuckle Garage (Post 7832129)
clem what is the color of the interior of the Austin Blue truck. paint code ?

Sunlit Sandstone Beige, a late model Infiniti color. In Nason Ful-Cryl its F2851D
hope that helps.

clemdaddy 01-26-2017 08:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Tuba has been able to spend a little time on the 52 1/2 ton Flatbed. Got the rebuilt motor in the chassis and the cab is ready for color. Not shown are the doors which were in the booth, curing the primer. Took the other brass door knob like is in my black 65 dually and shinned it up for this truck.

Grizz1963 01-27-2017 04:05 AM

That is looking so incredibly good Clem.

Doorknob is the winner.

Low Elco 01-27-2017 01:51 PM

Good lookin' work, Clem!

Moarplease 01-27-2017 08:52 PM

Good looking projects!

Modges'66 01-27-2017 10:02 PM

All that I can say is WOW!
everything that I see is very nice!

chad64chevy 01-28-2017 09:16 AM

great job Clem, what color blue did you paint the 235?

clemdaddy 02-03-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7839566)
That is looking so incredibly good Clem.
Doorknob is the winner.

thank you sir… the 52 flatty is starting to feel like a keeper. We need another shop truck around here.:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 7839884)
Good lookin' work, Clem!

thanks man, you might think about heading south sometime… tacos and margs any incentive to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moarplease (Post 7840248)
Good looking projects!

appreciate it buddy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 7840327)
All that I can say is WOW!
everything that I see is very nice!

it's all photoshopped, there are no trucks out there:lol: thanks Mike, are the tranny woos over?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 7840633)
great job Clem, what color blue did you paint the 235?

thank you Chad… 1607 chevy blue engine paint in the duplicator rattle can, I think.

I appreciate you guys bouncing along with us… this week we are crunching on the sweet green 54, trying to get her parade ready. Also the 66 custom Ford is getting some attention.

Will post pics real soon...

northern 85 02-04-2017 08:18 AM

Awesome work!!! We need a live web feed just to keep up with everything!

Palf70Step 02-04-2017 02:52 PM

Truck is beautiful! Always looking forward to seeing more of your guys work!

clemdaddy 03-15-2017 06:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This sweet 54 deluxe got a complete make-over in 2 and a half months time. Engine overhaul, clutch, bed boards, wheels and tires, grill, interior, stereo… the list goes on. All for a great guy who has owned it since high school many years ago. The deadline was based on driving her in a St. Patricks Day parade on Friday up in northern Missouri. Made it… but just barely, rolled out yesterday afternoon. Very happy customer…

clemdaddy 03-15-2017 06:46 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more pics…

mjh1965 03-15-2017 07:18 AM

Well done Clem and the team you have knocked that one out of the park it won't be long before you have your own TV show on discovery at this rate

ChrisDollins 03-15-2017 07:19 AM

Wow, gorgeous truck!

Grizz1963 03-15-2017 07:32 AM

Morning Clem !!

That is one spectacular finish to the truck.

I love the last photo you posted.

Kind of summarises the whole Tuba Trucks experience.

Well done.

realvc 03-15-2017 10:04 AM

WOW, what a truck!

It may not have looked that good new. Completed in two and half months sounds like a record of some kind too.

Will look great in any parade but being green it is very fitting for a St. Patrick's Day parade.

plainred65 03-15-2017 11:16 AM

What a beauty, great work. :c2:

Low Elco 03-15-2017 02:03 PM

NIce work!

Low Elco 03-15-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7846998)

thanks man, you might think about heading south sometime… tacos and margs any incentive to you?

Appreciate the offer- It was lined up to come to the party, and I got shanked at the last minute. Hopefully this year. You guys gotta come up to the Nationals sometime, we have a great time! Mmmmm, tacos.

Ta2Don 03-15-2017 06:44 PM

Another Awesome Creation!!! Well done Sir!!!:metal:

Bomp 03-15-2017 10:12 PM

Sweet 5 window. I'm green with envy.

clemdaddy 03-17-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northern 85 (Post 7848056)
Awesome work!!! We need a live web feed just to keep up with everything!

thanks man, negative on that live feed thingy, we'd never get anything done...:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 7848293)
Truck is beautiful! Always looking forward to seeing more of your guys work!

thank you buddy, we got to meet up soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7886483)
Well done Clem and the team you have knocked that one out of the park it won't be long before you have your own TV show on discovery at this rate

thanks Martin, we just need a top-flight mechanic to complete the team…?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisDollins (Post 7886484)
Wow, gorgeous truck!

thanks Chris, appreciate it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7886493)
Morning Clem !!

That is one spectacular finish to the truck.

I love the last photo you posted.

Kind of summarises the whole Tuba Trucks experience.

Well done.

Thanks Rian, Happy customers are what it's all about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by realvc (Post 7886583)
WOW, what a truck!

It may not have looked that good new. Completed in two and half months sounds like a record of some kind too.

Will look great in any parade but being green it is very fitting for a St. Patrick's Day parade.

Thank you man, haven't heard yet, but I hope he had an eventful time with zero problems… hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by plainred65 (Post 7886646)
What a beauty, great work. :c2:

thanks, whats better than old chevys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 7886788)
NIce work!

Appreciate it bro...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7887050)
Another Awesome Creation!!! Well done Sir!!!:metal:

thanks Don… time for an update on your rig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7887245)
Sweet 5 window. I'm green with envy.

Thank you Greg… you know how it is… working all day, trying to make it happen. but, big time kudos to you pal. all that time in, and no for sure future.
Worry not, you'll be killin' it soon but maybe a little further south...

clemdaddy 04-11-2017 09:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Back a few pages ago a 65 standard cab, one time Texaco fleet truck, came to us for a redo. A cool older lady owned and was in love with her truck named 'Maude'. There were a few bumps in the road and progress got delayed some but slowly and steadily Maude came back. Now sporting a fresh repaint the cab is bolted to the frame, doors were hung and the inners were installed. Maude is starting to look like a truck again.

Modges'66 04-11-2017 09:46 PM

Clem, the '54 is a total work of art!
The '65 is lookin' great also!
I am always keepin' an eye on ya!!!
Always lookin' forward to the day that I can start working for you, and doin' this stuff!!!

tune_1 04-12-2017 12:11 AM

Clem the 54 looked great and in only 2 months during the winter!! The 65 may be slower but it is looking good also. Good work

Dwight

Bomp 04-12-2017 06:50 AM

Maude, ahhh,,, I remember the owner. Nice lady. Glad Maude will have a loving owner.
Cab and frame looking top notch.

Grizz1963 04-12-2017 07:26 AM

I do continue to be amazed by the work you guys turn out.

That truck (Maude) looks just lovely.

clemdaddy 04-16-2017 08:18 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 7913296)
Clem, the '54 is a total work of art!
The '65 is lookin' great also!
I am always keepin' an eye on ya!!!
Always lookin' forward to the day that I can start working for you, and doin' this stuff!!!

Me too, I am looking for a mechanic right now and when you're ready, I'll be looking for you. And thanks man...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tune_1 (Post 7913422)
Clem the 54 looked great and in only 2 months during the winter!! The 65 may be slower but it is looking good also. Good work
Dwight

Appreciate it Dwight...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7913516)
Maude, ahhh,,, I remember the owner. Nice lady. Glad Maude will have a loving owner.
Cab and frame looking top notch.

She's been coming by pretty regular and is thrilled with the progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7913525)
I do continue to be amazed by the work you guys turn out.
That truck (Maude) looks just lovely.

Thanks Rian… damn we miss you buddy.

The shop has been working on a few 50's models for a while now and we have one of our own in the works. It' been redubbed 'B-52'. A 6' flat bed cut down from 10' with all the running lights, spot light, giant stop light, 3:55 rear gear, dual brake cylinder and whatever else we can find out back. It should be a fun shop truck though driving one is like steering a boat while sitting on a park bench…

Here's the second episode of 'B-52'