The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

Killer Bee 03-02-2022 12:59 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

used EDM services several times with great success

LT7A 03-02-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9045149)
If the bolt is broken far enough up, maybe you can get enough of a drill bushing into the hole to keep the drill from walking over into the threads.

I like this idea, I've never thought of that before.

special-K 03-06-2022 08:16 PM

Good idea. I thought I posted about trying that. It's just a hard location and position to be in relation. What I had for a bushing needed to be almost as long as the drill bit to be sure it remained in the drilling location. I just want to work on it on an engine stand drilling down with full vision. Then I'll reseal the bottom end and transmission

davischevy 03-13-2022 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I feel like I sold an old friend last week. We bought this Duramax new and it is my favorite truck of all time but you can't keep 'em all.

'63GENIII 03-13-2022 10:22 PM

Man, it still looks brand new. Whatcha gonna get into now?

davischevy 03-13-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '63GENIII (Post 9050989)
Man, it still looks brand new. Whatcha gonna get into now?

Ram Cummins.

special-K 03-20-2022 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9050985)
I feel like I sold an old friend last week. We bought this Duramax new and it is my favorite truck of all time but you can't keep 'em all.

I'd like to find a regular cab like that. You're going to miss that one

FleetsidePaul 03-20-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9050995)
Ram Cummins.

That's what I wish I had bought. I was just a little impulsive when I bought my truck. It's nice. I like it. But... :confused:

Dieselwrencher 03-24-2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9050995)
Ram Cummins.

Larry, I bet that red truck resale-d pretty well. I'm still in shock of what that era of trucks are bringing money wise.

davischevy 03-24-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 9056099)
Larry, I bet that red truck resale-d pretty well. I'm still in shock of what that era of trucks are bringing money wise.

I got $16,000 out of it.

We had the truck detailed and put it in a warehouse, thinking we might have to put it back in service. A friend of mine walked in here one day looking for a clean truck for weekend and out of town use. He couldn't pay me fast enough. He had looked around and this was the configuration he was looking for. It has a brand new Allison transmission.

Dieselwrencher 03-24-2022 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9056106)
I got $16,000 out of it.

We had the truck detailed and put it in a warehouse, thinking we might have to put it back in service. A friend of mine walked in here one day looking for a clean truck for weekend and out of town use. He couldn't pay me fast enough. He had looked around and this was the configuration he was looking for. It has a brand new Allison transmission.

See! :lol:

davischevy 04-05-2022 01:44 PM

Well, we did it. Our realtor neighbor called last Tuesday and asked if we would sell our house. She showed it Wednesday night and had us an offer by nine PM.

Lucky for us we have an apartment to move into. This should be fun. :metal:

special-K 04-05-2022 06:59 PM

This will be fun to hear about. Jumping into an apartment while building a place, once you get all that worked out. Sounds like you'll be gettin' busy.

72 tigger 04-05-2022 08:24 PM

Was your “Realtor neighbor” ready for a new neighbor? :)

davischevy 04-05-2022 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 9062183)

No, she was ready for a commission. 😁

She didn't get rid of me. she just moved me over one space.

LT7A 04-06-2022 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9061993)
Well, we did it. Our realtor neighbor called last Tuesday and asked if we would sell our house. She showed it Wednesday night and had us an offer by nine PM.

Lucky for us we have an apartment to move into. This should be fun. :metal:

Whoa, that was fast.

Dieselwrencher 04-06-2022 09:45 AM

Congrats Larry. I think. :lol:

My wife has this wild hare she wants to sell our house while everything is selling like crazy. The problem is replacing it or even more difficult. Finding an acreage in our range.

What do you have in mind now Larry? Shop/house?

special-K 04-06-2022 10:42 AM

I bet HE wants a little cabin and a big shop or a shopdominium. But SHE wants...
... what SHE's gonna get! :cool: Ah, all that comfort will be easy to get used to. I know she's a good designer that you can go along with. I hope you all enjoy the experience. It's something special for sure.

GOPAPA 04-06-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 9062183)

haha,, I do remember something about a tree on the property line ..with a neighbor ,,seems like that was when he first moved in... Or he might want to move further up in them Ozarks and get away from people.. I did mention to him about my nephew who moved out from Ozark City up a highway some 16 miles from a town .. Could be that ......happy for ya Larry where ever you land at as long as you got a garage or shop for all your trucks and cars.

Liz 04-06-2022 09:02 PM

larry... your views on this thread are catching up to my old million posts thread.

davischevy 04-07-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 9062755)
larry... your views on this thread are catching up to my old million posts thread.

This thread was started as tongue in cheek fun being poked at FB with people posting their every move. I had no idea it would take on a life of it's own.

That said, everybody's dog must be healthy, nobody has offered up a cheap brain surgeon, I have eaten a lot of biscuits and gravy and I still eat a prune every day.

davischevy 04-07-2022 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1973 somewhere in southern California. She had me and the truck about a year when this picture was taken.

Liz 04-07-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9062977)
This thread was started as tongue in cheek fun being poked at FB with people posting their every move. I had no idea it would take on a life of it's own.

That said, everybody's dog must be healthy, nobody has offered up a cheap brain surgeon, I have eaten a lot of biscuits and gravy and I still eat a prune every day.

I remember when you started it. I had to reread the title a few times. never would had guessed it would stick either.

special-K 04-07-2022 12:44 PM

I remember at first I treated it like my impression of Facebook. I reported what I ate that day.

So Larry (the other one), I guess the new truck got old and she got... more experienced

davischevy 04-07-2022 01:49 PM

She was so naive and believed everything I said. Boy, did she ever wise up.

She kept me out of jail though.