The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

LNP 10-25-2022 05:25 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9137380)
Got the clips for the hoops today . Installed them and the grille emblem not moving to fast took a spill on Sunday working the wood pile . Wet moss on slimy bark is like ice . Nothing broke but my left arm and hand took the brunt of it . Just swelling and a few bruise’s. Glad I didn’t have a saw in my hand I was just moving some rounds with the cant hook .

Not sure what all that means that you were doin lol, but I am glad to hear you are ok. Trucks lookin good

Louisvillekytruck 10-25-2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9137380)
Got the clips for the hoops today . Installed them and the grille emblem not moving to fast took a spill on Sunday working the wood pile . Wet moss on slimy bark is like ice . Nothing broke but my left arm and hand took the brunt of it . Just swelling and a few bruise’s. Glad I didn’t have a saw in my hand I was just moving some rounds with the cant hook .

Mark hope you get better soon

72c20customcamper 10-25-2022 06:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LNP (Post 9137382)
Not sure what all that means that you were doin lol, but I am glad to hear you are ok. Trucks lookin good

:lol: Sorry I just go into it like I’m on the Arborist board I belong to .

Moving logs to get them to the splitter with this tool .

LNP 10-25-2022 06:58 PM

Oh cool. I do live in a small town but I dont do logging. Always good to learn new things though.

Steeveedee 10-25-2022 07:23 PM

Drove it. Went over to the rental house with the little red Radio Flyer wagon to load up some rocks from the back yard. The wife's family moved in there in '64, and there are some sentimental rocks. :rolleyes: I picked up some of them, but some are pretty big. There is one that must be 300 pounds. She wanted me to pick it up and put it in the wagon. I don't know if we're going to get that one. I don't know what kind of rock it is, but I think it's one of those leaveright rocks- leave 'er right there! :lol:
40 years ago, I could have managed it.

zicc1835 10-25-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9137420)
Drove it. Went over to the rental house with the little red Radio Flyer wagon to load up some rocks from the back yard. The wife's family moved in there in '64, and there are some sentimental rocks. :rolleyes: I picked up some of them, but some are pretty big. There is one that must be 300 pounds. She wanted me to pick it up and put it in the wagon. I don't know if we're going to get that one. I don't know what kind of rock it is, but I think it's one of those leaveright rocks- leave 'er right there! :lol:
40 years ago, I could have managed it.

yes 40 years ago @ 31 I moved it and feel it almost every day young and dumb and you know the rest get the yogins to move the leaveright :)

Steeveedee 10-25-2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zicc1835 (Post 9137433)
yes 40 years ago @ 31 I moved it and feel it almost every day young and dumb and you know the rest get the yogins to move the leaveright :)

Yup, at that age I could pick up a SBC shortblock and put it in the bed of a truck, all by myself. I have back X-rays for proof. I could pick up my wife and raise my arms over my head (at the same time). Now, she weighs more than I do. Can't even roll her over. ;)

72c20customcamper 10-27-2022 06:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Closer to having the cab buttoned up still need to adjust the door as it’s a little harder to close than the drivers side with the door seal in place . Doing the vent window rebuild this weekend .

Jiggers72-GMC 10-28-2022 07:08 AM

Very nice Mark, it's really lookin' good, great work so far.

72c20customcamper 10-28-2022 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiggers72-GMC (Post 9138156)
Very nice Mark, it's really lookin' good, great work so far.

Thanks . I’m going to have to repaint the right front fender at some point . It looks good but I have a area the metallic is distorted . Not many people would notice but it bugs me . I did end up using the SS arms on the side view mirrors .

Jiggers72-GMC 10-28-2022 07:39 AM

The SS arm looks fine on there, you can always change that down the road.

67C10Step 10-28-2022 08:33 AM

Mark,
Truck is looking fantastic. Keep them photos coming.

67C10Step 10-28-2022 08:33 AM

Mark,
Truck is looking fantastic. Keep them photos coming.

Sheepdip 10-28-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9136487)
Well to follow up....The grandson came over today to hang out and we pulled the sender out, could only get .5 ohms out of it no matter the position. the arm thru the rheostat wobbled like it had a u-joint in it.
It's toast, new one on its way.

Got and installed my new fuel sender from LMC yesterday. Grandson came over after school and we tackled it. We tested it before install and got a true 90 Ohms of resistance.:cf:
Once installed the angle of the dangle of the exit pipe was off a degree or two in two different directions, so we pulled it back out and tweaked it accordingly to make a successful hard line hookup. Happy to report Otis's fuel gauge is working again.:gmc2:

v8truckin 10-28-2022 01:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
In the paint booth today! She went in Grey and complete, but she’s coming out white and done right. Should be put back together by end of next wk. Contemplated painting her, but the previous owners paint job was just horrible and wasn’t sure what was under the paint, u just never know what’s underneath until u strip it down. All OG metal was in great condition, minus a 2”x3” section on the driver side door inner panel had a bit of rust, cut and repaired. Can’t wait , been a long 6 months.

v8truckin 10-28-2022 01:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Continued….

72c20customcamper 10-28-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8truckin (Post 9138276)
In the paint booth today! She went in Grey and complete, but she’s coming out white and done right. Should be put back together by end of next wk. Contemplated painting her, but the previous owners paint job was just horrible and wasn’t sure what was under the paint, u just never know what’s underneath until u strip it down. All OG metal was in great condition, minus a 2”x3” section on the driver side door inner panel had a bit of rust, cut and repaired. Can’t wait , been a long 6 months.

Truck is looking great . Wish I could paint everything at the same time .

v8truckin 10-28-2022 10:09 PM

Appreciate that!

OregonNed 10-28-2022 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Somehow most of the daily drivers in my family needed oil changes, so I gave the truck its winter storage change today!

'68OrangeSunshine 10-29-2022 12:21 AM

YEA! I passed emissions today. Didn't do a thing to it. Even had a year-old paper air cleaner.
Usually my hyped-up 292 L6 with Clifford headers, dual exhausts, Offy intake and Edelbrock 500 CFM carb flunks emissions on my '68 C/10 Stepside. Then my buddy and I doctor the carburetor a few steps leaner, changing jets and meter rods, and tweaking the A/F mix screws. Then I go thru and pass [so I can renew registration], and then we soup it up again with wider jets, etc. to cruise the rest of the year.
Last year, it was running swell so I didn't bother to reset it.
Looks like I hit the sweet spot.
Also, end of the month, so I cashed in my 1000 Fuel Rewards Points at Fry's and got a Dollar off per gallon. I tanked up 29 gallons -- 3 jerry cans and the main In-Cab tank. At $2.59 per gallon. I cruised by that station two days ago and it was $3.48. Nogoodniks jacked it up 11 cents, knowing it's the end-of-the-month and people will be using up their fuel points. Still, I'm happy not to be paying Cali prices.

'68OrangeSunshine 10-29-2022 12:22 AM

YEA! I passed emissions today. Didn't do a thing to it. Even had a year-old paper air cleaner.
Usually my hyped-up 292 L6 with Clifford headers, dual exhausts, Offy intake and Edelbrock 500 CFM carb flunks emissions on my '68 C/10 Stepside. Then my buddy and I doctor the carburetor a few steps leaner, changing jets and meter rods, and tweaking the A/F mix screws. Then I go thru and pass [so I can renew registration], and then we soup it up again with wider jets, etc. to cruise the rest of the year.
Last year, it was running swell so I didn't bother to reset it.
Looks like I hit the sweet spot.
Also, end of the month, so I cashed in my 1000 Fuel Rewards Points at Fry's and got a Dollar off per gallon. I tanked up 29 gallons -- 3 jerry cans and the main In-Cab tank. At $2.59 per gallon. I cruised by that station two days ago and it was $3.48. Nogoodniks jacked it up 11 cents, knowing it's the end-of-the-month and people will be using up their fuel points. Still, I'm happy not to be paying Cali prices.

72c20customcamper 10-29-2022 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I managed to rebuild the passenger vent window today . For some reason it was a lot harder than the drivers .

Ol Blue K20 10-29-2022 08:02 PM

The truck is looking good!

CAMAROBOY68SS 10-29-2022 08:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Spent today working on my center console, finally got everything stripped and then painted it white to make the bright blue pop more. Just waiting on the top plate to show up and then I can put it all back together to then sit and wait while I work on the seats.

'68OrangeSunshine 10-29-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9138666)
I managed to rebuild the passenger vent window today . For some reason it was a lot harder than the drivers .

Yeah, the gremlins that live inside the doors demand their sacrifice of knuckle skin.