The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

special-K 07-25-2022 09:22 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

If I saw eagles every day I still wouldn't take them for granted. I'd hope to see another

davischevy 07-31-2022 12:39 PM

WE saw a bald eagle at Taylor Reservoir, CO last week.

3757chevy 07-31-2022 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9107548)
WE saw a bald eagle at Taylor Reservoir, CO last week.

How's the water level up there? I haven't been up there since our kids were young.

davischevy 07-31-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9107586)
How's the water level up there? I haven't been up there since our kids were young.

Low.

I was thinking about you when we came back through your area.

3757chevy 07-31-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9107619)
Low.

I was thinking about you when we came back through your area.

It would have been nice to meet up.

special-K 08-12-2022 07:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Just in case anyone here likes Kenworths or has any interest in hauling construction equipment around on a lowboy

FleetsidePaul 08-12-2022 10:04 PM

I like the Kenworth's. And that sure is a nice one. I rode in a KW last week and about fell on my face trying to get out.

I'm not as young as I used to be. Bummer. :(

davischevy 08-12-2022 10:49 PM

That sure is a purty rig.

special-K 08-13-2022 05:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Which one? Here is their Peterbilt (or one of them)

72 tigger 08-13-2022 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice looking trucks! My friend uses his KW to go camping :)

Steeveedee 08-13-2022 08:52 AM

^ No problem pulling hills with that rig! Nice!

davischevy 08-13-2022 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We got the basement poured.

davischevy 08-13-2022 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My ten-year-old grandson dug the plumbing trenches today. He ran the mini ex and skid steer both. He filled that skid steer bucket time after time and never once slapped the skid steer.

I ran the rake and shovel.

GOPAPA 08-13-2022 11:20 PM

I would say the grand son is on his way to being part of the company ,, good for him to have a not scared ,, ol papa to let him practice ...Nice looking pour ,, did you use snap ties and shoes or Johnny clamps,to go with single whalers ? ........... and while I am asking, ,,did the county make you go wider than 6 inch walls ?

davischevy 08-13-2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 9112315)
I would say the grand son is on his way to being part of the company ,, good for him to have a not scared ,, ol papa to let him practice ...Nice looking pour ,, did you use snap ties and shoes or Johnny clamps,to go with single whalers ? ........... and while I am asking, ,,did the county make you go wider than 6 inch walls ?

He grew up around the business and I'm impressed with his understanding of the process. He knew exactly where to place the machines to dig and fill the skid steer bucket. He even watched the fuel level.

His dad told him he needed to hurry up and learn how to run things so the dad could go fishing. The grandson said he wanted to go fishing too.:lol:

Snap ties.

I'm about 300' outside the city limits, so no inspections, but those walls we can see there are 10" because they will fill all the way to the top on the outside. I poured 8" where the walls didn't have backfill.

special-K 08-14-2022 07:13 AM

Now you have something to build on. Things are going to take shape now. Your grandson has it in his blood

GOPAPA 08-14-2022 10:09 AM

[quote=davischevy;

I'm about 300' our side the city limits, so no inspections, but those walls we can see there are 10" because they will fill all the way to the top on the outside. I poured 8" where the walls didn't have backfill.[/QUOTE]

I do not know exactly what protects one for sure from a Tornado ,,but what you have there looks like it would do by one by hunching down inside them walls under the house .,,

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9112355)
Now you have something to build on. Things are going to take shape now. Your grandson has it in his blood

Right on Tim, , I was thinking ?? Wouldnt we have fun working together with all them machines the Davis's have .. probably wouldn't stop to eat ..just keep on "playing " .. ( no offence Larry ,I know your Father and family worked hard to get the cats ,backhoes and trucks and all by working hard and not by winning a lottery or the like .) just dreaming a bit here,,

davischevy 08-14-2022 12:30 PM

Larry, I think about the machines a lot. The interesting part is, I didn't get any really nice machines until after I quit working and moved to the office. I climbed ladders and used pump jacks. I don't like to think about how many sheets of sheathing or bundles of shingles I carried up a ladder.

When I first started buying heavy equipment, I had to rebuild a lot of it before I could use it. My first dump truck was wrecked when I purchased it. My dad and I rebuilt it outside behind his shop because we didn't have a place big enough to get it inside. My first backhoe had 10,000 hours on it. If a machine broke, I had to fix it that night, because it had to run the next day.

I never financed anything unless there was perk in it, I saved until I could pay for it, except when I bought my first big excavator. I put it on a lease/purchase plan because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pay for it. By leasing, if I ran out of work, I could turn it in with no mark on my credit.

The excavator paid for itself in less than a year.

Life has been very good to me.

72 tigger 08-14-2022 08:53 PM

Basement and grandson are both looking good!

MySons68C20 08-14-2022 09:22 PM

Brought tears to my eyes raising them right!

special-K 09-01-2022 07:19 AM

How's that other house coming Other Larry?

davischevy 09-02-2022 09:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The basement floor is poured and I have dug the rest of the footings since this picture was taken. You can see the stakes.

We will make another pour next week and then wait for the block layer.

special-K 09-03-2022 07:16 AM

Other footers, huh? Hmmm...

Looking good. Looks like a nice setting

davischevy 09-08-2022 11:15 PM

I joined this site 14 years ago day before yesterday.

special-K 09-09-2022 06:42 AM

Hard to believe how time has passed. I remember hitting ten years and being amazed. This new internet forum thing just may catch on.