The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

GOPAPA 09-15-2022 06:57 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9122197)
I joined this site 14 years ago day before yesterday.

And look what you started !! a thread longer than dollar bills stacked all the way to the moon.. (Well maybe not that far) it's been a good one though..

I had some left over plastic gutter pieces and put up what I had on my storage shed and went to buy more and it is no where to be found ,, company sold out and left me high and dry with only part of my shed with a gutter .. the name of the gutter is RainGo .. any one know of some of it for sale and with in driving distance od me ?

davischevy 09-15-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 9124444)
And look what you started !! a thread longer than dollar bills stacked all the way to the moon.. (Well maybe not that far) it's been a good one though..

I had some left over plastic gutter pieces and put up what I had on my storage shed and went to buy more and it is no where to be found ,, company sold out and left me high and dry with only part of my shed with a gutter .. the name of the gutter is RainGo .. any one know of some of it for sale and with in driving distance od me ?

Maybe here Larry.

https://www.amazon.com/raingo-gutter...o+gutter+parts

special-K 09-16-2022 07:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope you can find more to finish the job. I just got sticker shock earlier this week buying just one white aluminum 2 x 3 downspout... $28!!! That's a lot of money for a $10-$15 piece. And the lady who helped me acted really strange, as if 'she' thought 'I' was being strange. I'm pretty sure it wasn't me!! :lol:

Her: Can I help you?
Me: Yes, I need one white 2x3 downspout.
Her: Is that it?
Me: Yep
Her: All you need is just one downspout, nothing else?
Me: Yep
Her: Okayee (you know, when they say it like "if you say so").

When she went to get the invoice I decided to explain the situation, for some reason.

Me: I'm doing alterations of existing downspouts on an old home. I needed more material to work with. I don't use elbows, I miter the bends in my downspouts. I keep zip screws and rivets in supply.

As she hands me my invoice she says: "Whatever works" (in a tone to let me know she had doubt)

Me: Oh, it works quite well. It's called custom. I can make any angle or offset needed from a single continuous piece without adding in any wrinkled up elbows using less screws that will rust.

That's one single continuous downspout below

Killer Bee 09-16-2022 07:51 AM

building material store help these days probably have no idea how a rain gutter system works much less how to assemble or repair one - just as well have explained it to your shopping cart :lol:

special-K 09-16-2022 08:23 AM

I know. She made me just want to be short, with "yep" answers. But I decided I'd act my normal self and when someone seems to not understand I am kind enough to explain. Though this time sarcastically. It wasn't that she didn't know her job. It's that she questioned a customer's needs when he came in full confidence knowing exactly what he needed. I think after 50 years in the business I look the part of someone with a little knowledge in the building trades. This place was bought by ABC Supply a handful of years ago, but I've been going in this supply house since the '80s. I didn't walk in looking lost and that's how she treated me.

Oh, and then who carries my downspout out? Tim, the only guy left from the former owner. This woman may have never seen me before, but he comes out and sees me and it's "hey old friend, how ya been?". I may not have been in there lately, but I've had an account there for over 30 years

Killer Bee 10-04-2022 04:10 PM

let's facetruckin' into october :metal:

https://www.refugeforums.com/attachm...38-png.358589/

special-K 10-04-2022 07:37 PM

It runs and can carry a lot on the roof. Oh, and you don't have to worry about parking lot dings

Steeveedee 10-04-2022 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9130738)
It runs and can carry a lot on the roof. Oh, and you don't have to worry about parking lot dings

:lol: Sad, but all true.

FleetsidePaul 10-05-2022 12:07 AM

It's a survivor. Gotta give it that.

3757chevy 10-05-2022 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9130695)
let's facetruckin' into october :metal:

https://www.refugeforums.com/attachm...38-png.358589/

He's increasing the value with every gallon he adds. :lol:

special-K 10-05-2022 06:44 AM

Some like the look of pat-ina. This car has pound-tina!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9130872)
He's increasing the value with every gallon he adds. :lol:

Good one! :lol:

His clothes go well with the car color

"HEY! What are you doing?? The manual calls for hi-test!!

special-K 10-07-2022 09:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
From Facebook Marketplace. The only one! Apparently a body built on a '76 Seville

CG 10-07-2022 11:06 AM

In my head I think I could build something cool from scratch, but it would more than likely turn out like this ... Probably worse.

Steeveedee 10-07-2022 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9131716)
In my head I think I could build something cool from scratch, but it would more than likely turn out like this ... Probably worse.

:lol: One of a kind, and rare for a reason!

FleetsidePaul 10-07-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9131716)

Not everyone is a designer. Obviously.

special-K 10-07-2022 06:50 PM

Just needs better wheels :lol:

72 tigger 10-23-2022 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This guy apparently doesn’t watch Mecum or BJ

davischevy 10-23-2022 08:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You are trying to call me out with my one owner (before me) K10 aren't you.

Getter-Done 10-23-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9136700)

That Right There is a ;)

Well Used Truck:chevy::chevy::chevy:

Chevyland 10-23-2022 09:49 PM

Quote:

Is there (1) panel on it that doesn’t need to be replaced ?

Spid ?

davischevy 10-23-2022 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9136719)
That Right There is a ;)

Well Used Truck:chevy::chevy::chevy:

It was sold at the local dealer. I have lived within 5 miles of it since it was new and I did not know she had the truck until the auction a couple months ago. I have coffee with the salesman that sold and delivered it to her farm. It only shows 76,000 miles. I can't find a panel on it that is not dented.

Getter-Done 10-23-2022 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9136723)
It was sold at the local dealer. I have lived within 5 miles of it since it was new and I did not know she had the truck until the auction a couple months ago. I have coffee with the salesman that sold and delivered it to her farm. It only shows 76,000 miles. I can't find a panel on it that is not dented.

That's a Good history that you know on this Truck.

I would Glady drive That Truck:metal::chevy::chevy:

davischevy 10-23-2022 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spid

special-K 10-24-2022 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 9136667)
This guy apparently doesn’t watch Mecum or BJ

On that same cover, "Vintage Bronco restoration" article listed and picture of vintage Blazer getting bashed. I guess it's easier to bring back a dead Bronco than get an old Blazer to sit still long enough.

I think that non-original Kmart mirror was bothering the owner and he didn't have tools to remove it.

special-K 10-27-2022 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

One owner low mile truck right there. How I know it's low mile? You don't beat a truck up like that out on the road. They'd have your drivers license long before it got that bad! :lol:

Here's the tow truck my friend spotted across a junk yard and new it was the one his dad bought when he got back from Vietnam. He ended up selling it to a body shop who painted it green. My friend knew what he was looking at from a distance, climbed over cars to get to it, affirmed it was the truck, and waited till the owner (son of deceased owner) sold off the cars blocking it in. For now it's a pretty fall decoration. One day it will be restored