The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Lime Wife's 67 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=405176)

Hubscrub 04-08-2020 11:42 PM

Re: Lime Wife's 67

2 Attachment(s)
Upper patches are done, the kick panel had some spots in it so i cut a section out and cut and fitted a patch for it out of replacement one. Passenger side needs done too. The previous owner had the rockers etc done don't know, why they left these. Fixing best way I can.

Hubscrub 04-22-2020 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
While grinding the patch for the passenger kick panel, the grinder hit the floor and and knocked the paint off . I then noticed it wasn't metal under there but I hit bondo lol. So poked around found several thin spots while I'm here got to patch the floor.

Hubscrub 05-04-2020 09:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Floor patch in progress, got it cut out, fitted and started tacking it in.

rowdy11 05-05-2020 07:41 PM

That Lime color is amazing!

Hubscrub 06-17-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowdy11 (Post 8732917)
That Lime color is amazing!

Thanks, the wife loves lime green. We both like bright colors, our house walls prove that lol.

Hubscrub 06-17-2020 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Floor patch done, cleaned up the under side of the cab, did some seam sealing and primed it.

Hubscrub 06-17-2020 10:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I picked off the poor bondo patch the po did on the cab corner and patched it correctly. Found a shift knob hiding behind it.:lol: Other that the radio area I plan to fix I think I'm done with patches on the cab.

Hubscrub 07-25-2020 08:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Since "hopefully" the patch work on the cab is done (except radio have a patch can't find it right now) :lol:. I've been working on the frame and drivetrain. I painted and installed the trans dipstick, installed fuel pump, bent me a new 3/8 fuel line and installed. I ground down some of the rough places on the manifold and painted them with Eastwood manifold paint.I removed the exaust in one piece during tear down, it's not old and in good shape so I cleaned 8t and painted it with some high temp silver just to make it look a little better, we will see how it last. Being the ever not thinker of I should have done this near the first I tried to get it back in the frame in one piece:lol::smoke: :confused: I soon realized this ain't gonna work so I cut it at the muffler and installed and welded back together and got some new weld on hangers also. Now for the other side.

Hubscrub 08-07-2020 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Exaust done

Hubscrub 08-10-2020 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bent a vac. line for the trans modulator,no idea what stock looked like the po just had a rubber hose all the way.

Hubscrub 09-11-2020 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the cab bottom painted.

Hubscrub 12-06-2021 07:59 PM

Where did a year go? I'm still working on her SLOWLY. My job when crazy over the last year and a half was working 7 days a week plus other projects . Getting better now so hopefully can get back going. I've been messing with trying to figure out what I'm gonna do for accessory brackets. I'm planning on installing Vintage Air so i want to move the alternator to the driver side. So I've been looking at their brackets, or alan grove brackets, just pricey to me for brackets. :waah: But i want it right so got to pay to play.

Hubscrub 06-11-2022 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been working on patching the radio cutout. Back to stock look for me.

OneOffStroker 06-12-2022 03:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubscrub (Post 9004047)
I've been messing with trying to figure out what I'm gonna do for accessory brackets. I'm planning on installing Vintage Air so i want to move the alternator to the driver side. So I've been looking at their brackets, or alan grove brackets, just pricey to me for brackets. :waah: But i want it right so got to pay to play.

I don't know if you've figured this one out yet, but my go-to is to pull the newer serpentine setup off of the early 90's GM trucks. It's just two big cast aluminum brackets that hold the P/S pump, alternator (driver's side) and A/C compressor (Pass side) as well as the idlers and tensioner all built in. I don't know how your local yards work, but my local Pick-n-pull only charges around $80 for the brackets with accessories attached. I usually buy a new A/C compressor though for around $140 from Rock Auto. You will need a Torx set to remove from the truck in the yard though, in case you are going to get one.