The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   4x4 Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=498570)

fakerwade 01-30-2013 03:56 AM

Re: "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3)

I recently lost my job,,, which means I lost my place to work on the truck also. Don't freak out just yet,,,I got a new job the next day,,,and a friend of mine is going to let me use part of his garage to work on Tangerine. I'm still pretty dis-organized right now so bear with me while I get re-organized for more fun and excitement.:drama:
Here's some pics of the new digs.
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/2384/dsc01296bd.jpg,
http://imageshack.us/a/img715/8020/dsc01299op.jpg,

hilljob26 01-30-2013 01:18 PM

on the bright side, atleast you got most of the heavy lifting done at your old job...are you going to lengthen the rear or shorten the bed,,im likin it so far

FrankieD 01-30-2013 02:19 PM

I hear that is what happens when the economy gets better. Good luck in the new digs and new job

shok 01-30-2013 06:12 PM

Hell I'm glad you were able to find another job so quickly, that's the stuff that really matters!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dieselwrencher 01-30-2013 08:57 PM

Congrats on being able to get a job so quick! Nothing wrong with that. Good luck getting back in gear on Tangerine! :lol:

fakerwade 02-01-2013 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilljob26 (Post 5855965)
on the bright side, atleast you got most of the heavy lifting done at your old job...are you going to lengthen the rear or shorten the bed,,im likin it so far

Yeah your right, having the hoist was definitely a plus! I'm planing on shortening the bed. By the way ,,,,nice truck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD (Post 5856099)
I hear that is what happens when the economy gets better. Good luck in the new digs and new job

Thanks my friend!! I think things will work out well. I was getting pretty tired of having to move that thing into the shop every time I wanted to work on it. This will be nice.:chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shok (Post 5856530)
Hell I'm glad you were able to find another job so quickly, that's the stuff that really matters!
Posted via Mobile Device

So true! It would really suck just trying to get by on un-employment. Thanks for the support!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 5856887)
Congrats on being able to get a job so quick! Nothing wrong with that. Good luck getting back in gear on Tangerine! :lol:

Thanks Ryan,,, I just plan to keep truck'n!!!:chevy::gmc2:

502ms 02-04-2013 09:26 PM

Wow - what a huge undertaking. I am impressed. Hope to see you finish soon!
Question: Are you planning on lifting it or slamming it?

1984chevypickup 02-17-2013 09:40 PM

This is sweet love this build full of new ideas good luck with it
Posted via Mobile Device

67c10rustbuket 03-23-2013 01:58 AM

How are you buddy? been a while. I hope you and yours are doing well. I look forward to getting inspiration from progress on your build every time I log on. I love the vision and craziness. Defying the standard and blowing the "you can't do that" out of the water YOU ARE THE MAN WADE!!!!

cpet72GMC 03-25-2013 03:15 PM

Nice work! Cant wait to see this one finished. Im taking notes, I am doing somthing close to this but I have an 06 silverado as my doner.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

khan1369 03-29-2013 04:24 AM

diggin it. subscribed.

68 TT 05-20-2013 04:44 AM

Just checking in.

How is the new job going?

The new shop space working out for you?

Hope you can make it up for Good Guys again this year. Aug 16-18th this year. Man I can't believe that is less than 3 months away already.

I have been really busy at work & home and haven't had any time to work on my vehicles at all until just recently. Need to get some stuff done so I have a toy to drive again. It's been far too long.

fakerwade 05-27-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 502ms (Post 5867851)
Wow - what a huge undertaking. I am impressed. Hope to see you finish soon!
Question: Are you planning on lifting it or slamming it?

No plans to lift it. The area where I live is pretty locked down by the government and tree huggers. Since I can't get off road, I'll just leave it stock height. It still looks pretty cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1984chevypickup (Post 5895307)
This is sweet love this build full of new ideas good luck with it
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the props. :chevy::gmc2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket (Post 5965113)
How are you buddy? been a while. I hope you and yours are doing well. I look forward to getting inspiration from progress on your build every time I log on. I love the vision and craziness. Defying the standard and blowing the "you can't do that" out of the water YOU ARE THE MAN WADE!!!!

Hey Dan, sorry I haven't been around much lately,,Lots of personal things going on right now, Tangerine is always on my mind though. Hope to get back on it soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpet72GMC (Post 5970148)
Nice work! Cant wait to see this one finished. Im taking notes, I am doing somthing close to this but I have an 06 silverado as my doner.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the interest,,,Good luck on your build!!
:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan1369 (Post 5977945)
diggin it. subscribed.

Welcome on board!!:welcome2:

fakerwade 05-27-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 TT (Post 6080446)
Just checking in.

How is the new job going?

The new shop space working out for you?

Hope you can make it up for Good Guys again this year. Aug 16-18th this year. Man I can't believe that is less than 3 months away already.

I have been really busy at work & home and haven't had any time to work on my vehicles at all until just recently. Need to get some stuff done so I have a toy to drive again. It's been far too long.

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. The new job is chewing up a lot of my time while I try to get up to speed on this product line. I put my house up for sale too so that chews up a lot of time also.

The new shop doesn't have an air compressor, and that's pretty much put the project on hold for now. After the house sales and I work out some other personnel issues I'll either put a compressor in the shop or move to another shop.

I'll definitely be coming back for Good Guy's. Lets get together and check it out. :chevy::gmc2:

68 TT 05-28-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakerwade (Post 6092765)
Hey Mike, good to hear from you. The new job is chewing up a lot of my time while I try to get up to speed on this product line. I put my house up for sale too so that chews up a lot of time also.

The new shop doesn't have an air compressor, and that's pretty much put the project on hold for now. After the house sales and I work out some other personnel issues I'll either put a compressor in the shop or move to another shop.

I'll definitely be coming back for Good Guy's. Lets get together and check it out. :chevy::gmc2:

Good luck with the sale of the house.

Not having air power really sucks. Does it at least have 220-volt power or are you stuck with 110?

My compressor died on me last year. Couldn't do much without it. Cost more to fix than to replace with equal but wanted better than I had. Took me a while to save up for a new one. Shopped around and got a great deal on a larger capacity higher pressure upright compressor and daisy chained my old horizontal compressor tank into the system. Went from 33 gallons at 125 psi to 93 gallons at 150 psi. Makes a world of difference with high consumption air tools like the air grinder and impact gun. The new one is a whole lot quieter too.

See you in a few months. Maybe I will have something drivable by the time Good Guys rolls around.

FrankieD 05-31-2013 08:26 AM

Like I always say if you have a wife and a life one or the other will get in the way. I haven't done anything on mine eather some times you have to back away for a while or get burned out. Good luck on the house and your wonderful libs that like to screw up other people lives.

fakerwade 06-06-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 TT (Post 6095581)
Good luck with the sale of the house.

Not having air power really sucks. Does it at least have 220-volt power or are you stuck with 110?

My compressor died on me last year. Couldn't do much without it. Cost more to fix than to replace with equal but wanted better than I had. Took me a while to save up for a new one. Shopped around and got a great deal on a larger capacity higher pressure upright compressor and daisy chained my old horizontal compressor tank into the system. Went from 33 gallons at 125 psi to 93 gallons at 150 psi. Makes a world of difference with high consumption air tools like the air grinder and impact gun. The new one is a whole lot quieter too.

See you in a few months. Maybe I will have something drivable by the time Good Guys rolls around.

I haven't checked in to what voltage compressor I can run at my friends shop,,,I'm still waiting to see if this house sells and I can get a few other things straightened out,,, I might wind up moving the project into my brothers shop. We'll wait and see. It's cool that you have your compressor situation sorted out, can't wait to see the progress. See ya in a few. :burnout:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD (Post 6099879)
Like I always say if you have a wife and a life one or the other will get in the way. I haven't done anything on mine eather some times you have to back away for a while or get burned out. Good luck on the house and your wonderful libs that like to screw up other people lives.

Hey FrankieD,,, I'm just treadin water and thankful to be alive,,,,I should have things back on track pretty soon. Good to hear from you my friend.:chevy::gmc2:

FrankieD 10-09-2013 01:00 PM

Just checkin in I sold mine last nght not sure what the next toy will be. How are things going with you, Well I hope.

mcbassin 10-09-2013 01:02 PM

Anything new on this project?

swamp rat 10-10-2013 02:11 AM

Havent read thru this all the way yet but i'm just amazed at what your doing here! Subscribed!

fakerwade 10-10-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD (Post 6306879)
Just checkin in I sold mine last nght not sure what the next toy will be. How are things going with you, Well I hope.

Hey my friend, Things are going well, what a hectic summer!! Sorry to hear you sold that beauty, maybe it's time for a shortbed K-10?? Just hoping.:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbassin (Post 6306882)
Anything new on this project?

Hey Mike, sorry I haven't been around for a while, no updates on the truck. It still sits as it did in the pictures at the top of the page. I've been thrashing on my house trying to get it fixed up and sold. I think I finally got a buyer (keep your fingers crossed). Once that it is sold than I'll be going through a divorce (told you I'm going through a lot!!). After that and hopefully pretty soon I'll be buying an air compressor and getting back to work on Tangerine (I miss her!!). Anyway, That's the plan, hang in there a little longer, almost have my life straightened out!!:waah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp rat (Post 6307930)
Havent read thru this all the way yet but i'm just amazed at what your doing here! Subscribed!

Thanks for the compliments, hope to have more progress soon!!:chevy::gmc2:

Dieselwrencher 10-10-2013 10:03 PM

Take care and keep at it buddy! The truck will still be there!

fakerwade 10-12-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 6309219)
Take care and keep at it buddy! The truck will still be there!

Thanks Ryan,,,,Thanks to you and all of you guys for your support!!! :alky:

FrankieD 12-06-2013 09:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Buddy I didn't get a short bed or a k-10 I ended up with a nice 94 K-2500 extended cab long bed W/a 4" body lift Most of the parts I have are for K-2500's so I don't have to collect any more parts. This will be a running project.

PHAT TONY 12-21-2013 11:24 PM

T!ts or tires; one's always a problem keep at it.