The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Kabwe's aka Bam's build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=440079)

bajabob 07-22-2011 08:43 PM

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Bam
could it be that we are twins separated at birth ??? love the 55-56 bel airs... but not a big fan of the 57 (except maybe that project X popular hot rodding did a bunch of years ago)..
your buddies 56 is killia... just the way mine would go except for maybe red and white... I know r&w is lameo and been done but I dig it.. both sit just right too....

my plan is to make all the mistakes building my truck and then get it right on the car ???

STEVE60 07-22-2011 08:46 PM

Hey Bam, I thought about you Wednesday evening. I was coming from my parents home in western North Carolina back to South Carolina and a Blazer passed me with a license plate that said "MRS BAM". I know its a long way from you and had a NC plate.
You don't have a secret life in NC, if you do you can come down and work on my truck.
Steve

Kabwe 07-22-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajabob (Post 4805382)
Bam
could it be that we are twins separated at birth ??? love the 55-56 bel airs... but not a big fan of the 57 (except maybe that project X popular hot rodding did a bunch of years ago)..
your buddies 56 is killia... just the way mine would go except for maybe red and white... I know r&w is lameo and been done but I dig it.. both sit just right too....

my plan is to make all the mistakes building my truck and then get it right on the car ???

Hey Bajabob,

Its okay if you like red and white, yes its been done to much for my taste, but so what its your car. Its a reason why people paint their cars red it looks great. I just don't want to be another red car or truck thats the only reason I will not paint anything red. Red looks great on almost anything.
So you like red? Here's another buddy of mine car just for you.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3648/...df7eefe571.jpg
Me and my two homies.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3583/...bf93bc4b3a.jpg

Yeah man I'm just not a 57 fan at all. I think the 55 is the most hotrod looking and the 56 is the prettiest and I'm just not a fan of the 57 at all. But hey that just me, I seen nice ones but I still prefer the 55 and 56. I know that this is rare because most people I know love the 57 the most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEVE60 (Post 4805388)
Hey Bam, I thought about you Wednesday evening. I was coming from my parents home in western North Carolina back to South Carolina and a Blazer passed me with a license plate that said "MRS BAM". I know its a long way from you and had a NC plate.
You don't have a secret life in NC, if you do you can come down and work on my truck.
Steve

Shhhhh man you shouldn't bust another man out like that, what happened to the code amongst us guys.lol

No man I can't afford two wives or to lose the one I have.lol

Rods57 07-23-2011 09:44 AM

The wheels on your 55 and the red one look the same. what are they? they look great on both your truck and the car.

Kabwe 07-23-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rods57 (Post 4805900)
The wheels on your 55 and the red one look the same. what are they? they look great on both your truck and the car.

The wheels on the red car are Boyd Magnetos and the ones on my car are Coy's but you are right they are very similar but not the same price. The Boyd are more expensive.

bajabob 07-23-2011 12:05 PM

Bam
You are killing me..... those are sweet, how am I going to tell my baby girl she can not go to school cuz daddy spent her college fund on his car ??????

Kabwe 07-23-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajabob (Post 4806088)
Bam
You are killing me..... those are sweet, how am I going to tell my baby girl she can not go to school cuz daddy spent her college fund on his car ??????

Tell her to become a academic genius, develop tennis skills, a jump shot, softball skills and get an scholarship so she can help dad pay for college.lol

Kabwe 07-25-2011 02:13 AM

I got a little more down this weekend.
I welded the seam is in this area. I then used Duraglass over the welds to smooth everything out.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6027/...62505a705e.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6018/...291b2c56c5.jpg

A little primer and I like it much better than that unfinished look that came from the factory.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6130/...db955632aa.jpg
Its getting there I guess I'll keep chipping away at it inch by inch.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6003/...47902f636c.jpg

jjjmm56 07-25-2011 08:54 AM

It won't be long now that thing will be rolling on the show circut. It looks real, glad to see you have some time to spend on it.

oldman3 07-25-2011 09:48 AM

Looking good, and your right little by little and it gets done.....Jim

Kim57 07-25-2011 10:45 AM

Nice work Bam. An inch at a time and you eventually have a mile.
Kim

Kabwe 07-25-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjmm56 (Post 4809152)
It won't be long now that thing will be rolling on the show circut. It looks real, glad to see you have some time to spend on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman3 (Post 4809219)
Looking good, and your right little by little and it gets done.....Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim57 (Post 4809302)
Nice work Bam. An inch at a time and you eventually have a mile.
Kim

Thanks guys every time I work on it I think of the The Three Stooges Niagara Falls Sketch "Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch.

VDOG 07-25-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 4804027)
LOL
That's just mean I guess I will put you in the trouble maker category also.

Welcome to the Trouble Maker section. Seeing that I was the first, let me welcome you. :lol:

Kabwe 07-25-2011 02:38 PM

Yeah you are the original trouble maker that's for sure.

VDOG 07-25-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 4809686)
Yeah you are the original trouble maker that's for sure.

You know me!

So what is duraglass and what is it for?

xpickup 07-25-2011 03:38 PM

Kabwe. Looks great. I know what you mean by inch by inch. You go and find something else that needs fixed. But in the end it is all the little things that make the difference.

Shannon

Kabwe 07-25-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 4809775)
You know me!

So what is duraglass and what is it for?

Its fiberglass filler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpickup (Post 4809780)
Kabwe. Looks great. I know what you mean by inch by inch. You go and find something else that needs fixed. But in the end it is all the little things that make the difference.

Shannon

You got that right my friend.

candyx 07-25-2011 06:50 PM

looking good,glad to see your camera is working again,lol.

The Three Stooges reference explains alot, are you a Abbott and Costella fan as well?

Kabwe 07-25-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyx (Post 4810090)
looking good,glad to see your camera is working again,lol.

The Three Stooges reference explains alot, are you a Abbott and Costella fan as well?

Man this is one of the funniest things by Abbott and Costello I ever saw. If you don't laugh at this you just don't have a sense of humor. You got to love youtube it just has a bunch of everything on there. Hey guys do you notice who the other dude is in this sketch?

candyx 07-25-2011 07:45 PM

They were the best,and i just noticed that was shemp in the video!!

Kabwe 07-25-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyx (Post 4810164)
They were the best,and i just noticed that was shemp in the video!!

Yeah its Shemp.lol

Yeah man Lou Costello's math is priceless but did you hear when
Abbott "You ever go to school stupid"?
Costello "yeah I come out the same way.lol

Shemp with Abbott and Costello, now that is an interesting pairing.

Rods57 07-25-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 4809578)
Welcome to the Trouble Maker section. Seeing that I was the first, let me welcome you. :lol:

Thank you, its nice to be recognized for my talents...

Russell Ashley 07-26-2011 08:26 AM

That Abbott and Costello clip is a hoot, and also educational. I watched it and now I think I understand what is going on with the budget talks in Washington, LOL.

Rods57 07-26-2011 11:49 AM

Nice work, as usual, Bam. It really made a big difference in the look of the roof.

Kabwe 07-26-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 4811046)
That Abbott and Costello clip is a hoot, and also educational. I watched it and now I think I understand what is going on with the budget talks in Washington, LOL.

Yeah I think you are right.lol Although the budget talks in Washington is no laughing matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rods57 (Post 4811334)
Nice work, as usual, Bam. It really made a big difference in the look of the roof.

Thanks man that means a lot coming from a trouble maker like yourself. Thanks man, but what I want to know is how bad did the roof look before.lol