The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   1969 C10 SWB - Big Block project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=444414)

aggie91 10-30-2013 09:39 AM

Re: 1969 C10 SWB - Big Block project

Welcome back Chad! I know that life can create a mess for us, but God has a plan for each of us. Sounds like he has a special plan for you and brining you back here might be part of the big picture, only he knows. Our job is to listen to his guidance and follow him.

Anyway, I think the new DD is cool, I dig the color. Now, get back in the garage!

CC69Rat 10-30-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 (Post 6338438)
Thanks buddy, my father has been feeling better over the last couple of months and is finally almost ready to start helping me with my truck again. I know you can appreciate that as I know how close you are to your father as well. Good luck with the new Daily, it's a nice truck. I got a new 2013 leftover GMC a couple months ago and love it. Gets 20 mpg on the highway, not bad for a extra cab 4x4.

Dad and I are really close. He taught me everything I know, super cool guy. I hope your Pops is back in the garage with you soon. Congrats on the new GMC. I love those too! I just had to get something cheap. I bought mine for a touch over $20k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 6338501)
Glad you're back Chad. I'll be watching as long as you're posting. I can't pretend to know your pain, but I understand your frustrations and welcome you back with open wrenches...I mean arms.

Thank you man. I'm sorry I kinda took it out on you guys. I was a bear for a few months. Just so frustrated all these children in the world get abused, abandoned, etc. and the Lord apparently has other plans for my wife and I. I dont understand it, maybe I never will but I have to walk in faith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cericd (Post 6338574)
Great to see you back Chad!

btw: I didn't know you were a drummer. Me too, going on 30 yrs now.

Let's say I try to be a drummer. :D One of my best friends is Scott Logan, professional musician for 20+yrs, played in a band called New Mercy Morning, not sure if you have ever heard of them. http://www.scottloganmusic.com/

I play for him sometimes, he is the lead guy at my church.

Quote:

Originally Posted by original-71 (Post 6338592)
welcome back brother and i like the new dd, thats what i drive that hemi does have kick to it ;) and if you wanna go a little crazy with it they can be cool too :metal:

WOW, that is sick brother. I doubt mine will ever get dropped, .. well .. maybe :metal: We'll see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNeck (Post 6338594)
You know I'm your number one fan. Time to pick up those wrenches and get that truck going!

POP

I need a fleet bed! :D Thanks Pop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 6338720)
Welcome back bro!

Thank you man. I'm humbled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlped (Post 6339159)
Welcome Back Chad. Glad to see you are ready to move forward on the truck. I don't pretend to understand all of your "bumps in the road", but I have to say that even though I 'only' met Pops ( ;) ), I know you're one heck of a fella, & if I can ever do ANYTHING to help...I sure will. I won't forget I owe yah! :metal:

You dont owe me anything man, maybe one day we can actually meet.. :) We'll work something out. I wish I could have seen the bench seat on the Camborgini.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratty 46 (Post 6339296)
WOW ... that was huge. I always remember what my Mother (now 74) says: "Let those who are perfect cast the first stone". I believe she got that from a book that has was printed a long time ago. Also know that "HE" only gives us things that we are able to bare. Be strong - enjoy the folks around you.

As for the truck progress ... I'm still watch'n.

Helpless, not Hopeless.. I guess that's the best way to explain my frustration level. No matter what I do, everything is a battle for me man.. These past few months have been devastating to my confidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 6339480)
Really glad you're back my friend!

Thank you Rus. thanks for being there for me man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 6339481)
Glad to see you back on Chad. Stay strong and positive.

Thanks Nate. Very much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 6339617)
Welcome back Chad! I know that life can create a mess for us, but God has a plan for each of us. Sounds like he has a special plan for you and brining you back here might be part of the big picture, only he knows. Our job is to listen to his guidance and follow him.

Anyway, I think the new DD is cool, I dig the color. Now, get back in the garage!

Thank you buddy, SWB fleet bed is next for me. I even thought about cutting a LWB bed down but I'm not sure how that would pan out. Still looking, saving my fun money back up .. I'll be back. I lost a bit over $20k in the Invitro process so the fun money is tapped for a while. .. I will be back. This 68 means a lot to me, I'm glad it didn't sell.

Graham57a 10-30-2013 11:46 AM

Welcome back Chad!! Looking forward to seeing this thing come together. There were a couple short fleet beds on Charlotte's craigslist last time I looked, might be able to find a deal:metal:

smbrouss70 10-31-2013 10:48 AM

Chad, I'm glad you are back, I enjoy watching you and your dad work together on your trucks. Seems kind of familiar.:lol:

Another thing that is all too familiar to me is the inability to have our own children. When we couldn't create our own bundle of joy, we both went and got tested. Neither one of us was able to have children. We went through all of the emotions associated with that, but having supporting family and friends always helps you through the tough times. Now, we are in the process of adopting, and while it may not be our genetic child when we finish the process, I truly believe that we will love him/her just as much, if not more because of the struggles we had to go through to get there. Keep your chin up & rely on God, family, and friends for support... That's why you have them in your life, not just for the good times.

CC69Rat 10-31-2013 08:24 PM

NOS bedsides located ! Trying to buy them now.. Right in my back yard.. :metal: The RH side is still in the GM box. LH is out of the box but mint condition. I can't wait to see them.

Rusbuilt 10-31-2013 08:26 PM

Sweet!!!!

ratty 46 10-31-2013 09:10 PM

'69 NOS bedsides - winning! Big score.

Still watch'n

Bennett68C10 10-31-2013 09:26 PM

Nice, hope you get them

knomadd 11-01-2013 10:01 AM

That's awesome! I hope you're able to make a deal.

wkends 11-01-2013 03:18 PM

I am glad to you are back posting also. I have watched your truck coming together as I have a 67 stepper that I am working on, more gathering dust than working on it. Good luck with the rest of your build. Maybe we can hook up in Nashville next May at the goodguys show.

70STOVEBOLT 11-01-2013 04:29 PM

Chad, glad to see you did not let these things get you down. When God closes one door, he opens another. My wife and I went thru fertility about 17 years ago and she got pregnant with twins (not thru IVF, just hormone injections). There were complications all along the way, and long story short, we lost both of the girls within 9 months. We were devastated. However, during that time, my wife became pregnant (on our own, no fertility) and we had a healthy baby girl in December of 1997. If we are faithful, God will answer our prayers, but as I'm sure you know, it's in His time, not ours. Keep your head up, it sounds like you have a good support group behind you.

CC69Rat 11-01-2013 05:04 PM

Thank you fellas. Very much appreciated.

nlped 11-01-2013 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=CC69Rat;6339663] I wish I could have seen the bench seat on the Camborgini. [QUOTE]

It was quite a site!!! :lol:

Street Smart 11-02-2013 08:30 AM

Glad to see your back on and good luck with the bed sides, what a score!

dhaymaker 11-03-2013 12:20 PM

Chad,

It's good to see you're back on the forum and forging ahead...no matter how tough the times can be. Just reading your post, and the many, many positive responses reaffirms my faith in good people.

We all face obstacles at various times. I've been out of work for 17 months and can't seem to get over the final hurdle towards another job. Kind of tired of "coming in second" and that's been hard on my idea of my "self worth"! To top it off, we're now experiencing health issues with my 82 year old father. Sometimes, you feel like you can't win. But, you will!

I'm one of those people that you said you "don't know everyone", but you seem like a nice guy and there are many expressions of support on here from your friends. There are others of us that have experienced, or are experiencing, tough times. Just remember...you aren't facing the tough times all alone.

I wish you the best, as many others do, and look forward to seeing you working on your project.

v/r,

don

CC69Rat 11-28-2013 09:00 PM

Wishing all my friends a Happy Thanksgiving !

I missed out on the bedsides (outbid by $10 bucks). But I have found a really nice tailgate. I am supposed to pick it up tonight. I'll post some pictures.

cericd 11-28-2013 09:11 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Chad and good luck on the gate.

Rusbuilt 11-28-2013 11:29 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you too bro! Good luck on the gate!

CC69Rat 12-02-2013 12:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the crappy pictures but I picked up my tailgate over the holidays. This thing is a time capsule. A huge Thank You to Jason, I appreciate your help brother man! Let me know if you're ever up this way.

As I understand it this gate was taken off a fairly new truck and put away in storage. It hasn't been on a truck or even outside in 30+ yrs. Original paint, I am super stoked to get it.

mcbassin 12-02-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 6397961)
Sorry for the crappy pictures but I picked up my tailgate over the holidays. This thing is a time capsule. A huge Thank You to Jason, I appreciate your help brother man! Let me know if you're ever up this way.

As I understand it this gate was taken off a fairly new truck and put away in storage. It hasn't been on a truck or even outside in 30+ yrs. Original paint, I am super stoked to get it.

MAN! that gate is sweet! I would love to find one of these time capsules. I've been searching for years for a deal on one. Congrats!! :chevy:

lolife99 12-02-2013 12:59 PM

Super nice tailgate find.
That is garage wall art!

aggie91 12-02-2013 01:04 PM

Sweet find!

Low Elco 12-02-2013 02:06 PM

I was gonna say, that gate's too nice to use!

My brother has gone down the same road with kids. Surgeries, hormones, $$$$$$$$$, 4 good starts lost, the whole nine. Finally, they said to hell with it and made big life (corporate job)changes to hit the road and climb the ladder, since they didn't have to be tied to a home. Long story short, he got a start with a job 2 hours down the road, she turned up pregnant and it's going well, and as a kicker, he's been reassigned- to his current address. Weird things can happen, even late in the game. Don't lose heart.

Bennett68C10 12-02-2013 10:13 PM

Nice find on the tailgate, how are you coming with the rest of the bed parts

Rusbuilt 12-02-2013 11:09 PM

Looking good my friend!!