The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Bubba's recycling project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=365170)

chevy_man5 06-16-2011 03:00 PM

Re: Bubba's recycling project

Daverod has a Previous Owner?? :lol: When I read that, that it the first thing that popped into my mind. It is used so much on here. Then I got it. :dohh:

daverod 06-16-2011 03:27 PM

Ether way they are both a pain. Found out today still 5 months to go.:metal:Suck:lol::lol:Frickin system. Should'nt have paid all the $$ up front. Live and learn. I am learning right? Here I thought I was just getting a bad attitude. Least I can still enjoy trucks and strippers.:metal:and Rock Star.:metal:

56taskforce 06-16-2011 05:44 PM

Hey I will keep an eye out for you guys I believe this Washington boy is going to show up with his pappy in tow.

bubba327 06-17-2011 12:29 AM

Great!! When We will get a plan, we find a time or place to meet up. keep a watch on the thread in the Idaho NW regional section
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=469913

The local 60-66 guys have been getting together for a few Breakfasts during the the winter months, would be fun to meet some of the out of town guys that are coming in for Motorfest:chevy:http://www.rpmprod.com/

bubba327 06-18-2011 06:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Met some new friends at the Fathers day cruise.. I got to hang out with a great bunch of guys with 47-54s.. I really want one badly now :whine:...
I saw 5 window trucks everywhere !!!
Attachment 762592
A really nice burb . The owner has had it for over 15 years now,He has driven it to Ohio and back several times. Another sweet 5 window on the far side
Attachment 762593

Talked to Big Jack @ RPM productions, promoters of Northwest Motorfest, and other local car events.
They just bought a 60-66 super stretched Suburban , The extra long, multi-door model used for park service tours and limos.
They are customizing it into a support truck for their events, and are in contact with some of the truck mags who have expressed interested in it for future articles.
He hinted something about a Vista Cruiser roof section grafted in the back.
Jack is a local radio disc jockey , so I know it will have a sound system beyond comparison.
Cannot wait to see it .
A perfect use for a big long Suburban!!

daverod 06-19-2011 06:34 PM

Looks like some nice trucks. What's takin you so long to find a 5 window.:lol: Save some $$ just make one. Chop it alittle at the same time.:smoke:

bubba327 07-10-2011 12:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Had great day at Northwest Motorfest.. Had a great breakfast
Attachment 771840

Attachment 771841
Hanging out with R-Bar and the boys, 63 spud, chevy_man5, Valdez, Daverod and his Wife and Bubba along with a few guests after breakfast..

bubba327 07-10-2011 12:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More Pictures from Northwest Motorfest
Attachment 771845Daverod made the 5 hour drive over from Pocotello and we finally met up and spent the day checking out the entries. Leaning on My truck hiding out in the parking lot .

Attachment 771847 Met up with Idaho66stepside and his wife from Twin Falls (2 hour Drive)
Attachment 771850Caught up with 07SSSC from Buhl and checked out his entry.

Had a really nice day , Met some forum members for the first time, Saw a whole lot of classic iron and enjoyed it.

bubba327 07-10-2011 11:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 771931
How about this for a pair of awesome 5 window cruisers???
Attachment 771932

bubba327 07-20-2011 10:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Emmett Idaho cruise July 16

Attachment 776581 the 69 Chevelle in my signature

Attachment 776582
Went to Emmett Idaho "Lost in the 50'S" cruise. IMO the best car event in Idaho.
I took daughters truck over in the morning and went to the show and swap meet , then headed home to cool off and return her truck so she could go to work at the Meridian Speedway circle track.
I returned around 4:30 PM for the street cruise. They close off the whole main street from one end of town to the other. Open to Pre-80 cars and trucks only. At least 5 bands were playing and lots of BBQ and street food vendors.. the food smelled wonderful!!!
Daughter came over as the attendance at the track was way low because everyone was at the cruise!! So she got off work early and still was able to attend.
Brought the 69 Chevelle to cruise in.. Had a little trouble starting in the HOT evening after cruising slow and with the ethanol fuel trying to vapor lock it every time you stop. We just watched the temp gauge and kept moving.
The streets and sidewalks really fill up with people as the evening cools off.
The lower picture was taken pretty early in the afternoon . It was standing room only later..

Found Valdez and Cokeb , Rbar and Imperial Kustom
Valdez cruised around with us most of the evening as his truck needed gas and he was enjoying looking around at the sights (girls) and not driving..........:lol:

daverod 07-20-2011 10:16 PM

Next year.:metal: Any death traps show?

likaroc13 07-20-2011 10:21 PM

sounds like a fun time!...reminds me a bit of Cruisin' the Coast down on the Mississippi gulf....btw, beautiful car

bubba327 07-20-2011 10:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 776606 At the park .. Had to be 700-800 cars entered

Attachment 776609
The cruise was a little rough on the 64.
The truck had sat for several years before we bought it and really had a thick sludge problem in the oil and the motor oil is always really dirty.

As the summer heats up, now we are having lifter problems. I have 15/40 diesel oil in now and the lifters sometimes click until they pump up. I have adjusted them twice and they still randomly click. sometimes they dont click. It just comes and goes.

I poured ATF down the carb Sunday morning after the cruise and smoked out the front yard and tried to clean the top end , I poured Marvel Mystery oil in the gas tank and the oil and I am changing the oil this weekend back to Valvoline 10-30 racing oil, Which has the ZDDP additive.

I did install the new chrome valve cover... looks faster with the chrome:chevy: or maybe it is the Offenhauser !!!!

bubba327 07-20-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4801963)
Next year.:metal: Any death traps show?

Most of their club showed up... sorry i did not take a lot of pictures this time:whine:

daverod 07-20-2011 10:29 PM

Looks nice and cool. The truck does look fast. Maybe try synthic oil it really thin. I use it. I heard it causes leaks but I don't have any. I haven't burned any oil ether. Maybe the guy was'nt lying when he said the engine was just rebuilt.;)

bubba327 07-20-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 4801983)
sounds like a fun time!...reminds me a bit of Cruisin' the Coast down on the Mississippi gulf....btw, beautiful car

Thanks,, I love driving the Chevelle!!! I left about 10:45PM and headed home..
The cool night air was awesome and I just went the extra, extra long way home.
I was enjoying all the smells of the country air , the alfalfa fields and all the stars and moon only seen from a convertible...

daverod 07-20-2011 10:32 PM

Sounds like you had to much to drink.:lol::lol::lol:

bubba327 07-20-2011 10:37 PM

I was told back in the old days they ran 30 weight in the summer and 20 weight in the winter.. I am thinking the 15/40 may be a little thick and the hot temperature is still moving a little sludge around.. The marvel mystery oil should help clean it up..
I have been a little hesitant to use it until now , as not to disturb things too much and cause other problems.
But then I found a guy with a 283 at the swap meet. I am holding out for a 327, but the 283 is an option.:chevy:

bubba327 07-20-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4802024)
Sounds like you had to much to drink.:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry , I am an official of the Building Dept now with an office in City Hall, and proper conduct must be maintained at all times.:lol::lol:
I love this new job.. It is a perfect fit for me, but the regular hours are cramping my garage hours!!!!

Captainfab 07-21-2011 01:02 AM

Looks like a great turnout for the cruise and the show. Nice Chevelle and the truck is looking good too. :thumbs:

daverod 07-21-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4802039)
I was told back in the old days they ran 30 weight in the summer and 20 weight in the winter.. I am thinking the 15/40 may be a little thick and the hot temperature is still moving a little sludge around.. The marvel mystery oil should help clean it up..
I have been a little hesitant to use it until now , as not to disturb things too much and cause other problems.
But then I found a guy with a 283 at the swap meet. I am holding out for a 327, but the 283 is an option.:chevy:

I just sold a running 283 for 150.:waah:

bubba327 07-22-2011 06:11 PM

Father in law sent this along from a friend of his....
Some pictures taken at Grand National Roadster show..
Un-believable !!!!
https://picasaweb.google.com/RMohler...41586574724738
I bet there are at least 400-500 pictures on this slideshow!!!
Lots of really beautiful cars and trucks were at this event.
Enjoy

Alan's Classic 07-22-2011 10:02 PM

looks like a great turn out. :metal:

protrash64 07-23-2011 09:11 PM

Cool pics and love the Chevelle:metal:....

daverod 07-25-2011 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bubba could you post a picture of your voltage regulor? My batt went dead I put in a new alt and reg. I'm not sure about how the reg plugs in. It has a main 4 way plug but then i was looking under it and I see another single plug? When I gor hit it wreaked all that stuff so I don't know how it goes back together. I've been charging my batt. about once a week.:waah: