The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Maggie's Custom (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=531177)

jdoisher 05-07-2013 01:04 PM

Re: Maggie's Custom

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6057298)
Great looking engine! Looks similar to the route Dino & Delmo went with their latest builds.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats because great minds think alike!!
Or, I like the looks so much I'm copying it!!! lol
They both do awesome work!
Thanks!!
Jason

jdoisher 05-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82swb (Post 6057319)
Motor looks awesome. Quick question. What paint did you use?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
VHT engine paint.

82swb 05-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoisher (Post 6057361)
Thanks
VHT engine paint.

Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device

likaroc13 05-07-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoisher (Post 6057357)
Thats because great minds think alike!!
Or, I like the looks so much I'm copying it!!! lol
They both do awesome work!
Thanks!!
Jason

I agree! :lol: I'd personally have no shame in copying any of you guys. :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

Bazooka 05-07-2013 03:46 PM

Engine looks great!

Are those stock exhaust manifolds?

Any of you guys know if reproductions are available anywhere? Or am I better off hunting on ebay?

jdoisher 05-07-2013 03:53 PM

Speedway Motors
TRURAM exhaust manifolds!!
Another idea from Dino!
Jason

likaroc13 05-07-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazooka (Post 6057609)
Engine looks great!

Are those stock exhaust manifolds?

Any of you guys know if reproductions are available anywhere? Or am I better off hunting on ebay?

There's a set of stock ones in the classifieds:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=575813
Posted via Mobile Device

mark 66 05-07-2013 08:16 PM

motor looks just like we want to do ours. did you use a stock 2-4 barrel intake or bore a hole for the breather. nice job as usual

chad64chevy 05-08-2013 06:23 AM

man, jdoisher! the motor looks great and all but you beat me to it again, lol!! i'll have pics of my motor in my thread in about two or three weeks! i'm waiting til I get 3 days off to do the motor

jdoisher 05-08-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark 66 (Post 6058063)
motor looks just like we want to do ours. did you use a stock 2-4 barrel intake or bore a hole for the breather. nice job as usual

We have a 4 barrel carb, and I found a complete 4 barrel air cleaner on e-bay. But you can do like Dino did and get a cheap chrome air cleaner, throw away the lid and use the stock lid. If you look on his build his top does not meet with the bottom, he has a inch or so around the bottom of the lid (more air flow). Its the same as flipping the air cleaner lid like we all did back in the day. What I haven't posted pictures of is that I did the same thing, only with a taller filter, keeping the stock upper and lower air cleaner. I assume he used a 14'' air cleaner, I had to use a 12 inch one.
Thanks for all the postive comments!! I take every spare minute I get to work on it so she can get behind the wheel soon!!!
Jason and Maggie

coulter 05-08-2013 09:21 AM

that engine looks great!!!! Maggie is gonna be rolling one sick truck!!! i know u been super busy lately but have u messed with the nova at all?

jdoisher 05-08-2013 10:43 AM

Yes!! I pulled the motor, and got a crazy good deal on having it built. Going with LS3 heads, bigger cam, and all forged internals. The plan is once the truck is running and driving to get back on the Nova. I too have a few things I want to redo, and paint the front sub frame is one of them.
Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

mark 66 05-08-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoisher (Post 6058934)
We have a 4 barrel carb, and I found a complete 4 barrel air cleaner on e-bay. But you can do like Dino did and get a cheap chrome air cleaner, throw away the lid and use the stock lid. If you look on his build his top does not meet with the bottom, he has a inch or so around the bottom of the lid (more air flow). Its the same as flipping the air cleaner lid like we all did back in the day. What I haven't posted pictures of is that I did the same thing, only with a taller filter, keeping the stock upper and lower air cleaner. I assume he used a 14'' air cleaner, I had to use a 12 inch one.
Thanks for all the postive comments!! I take every spare minute I get to work on it so she can get behind the wheel soon!!!
Jason and Maggie

Is the intake manifold a stock chevy or did you bore out the hole in a aftermarket one for the breather/filler tube.I have a performer Im gonna see if a buddy can machine it to fit my breather from a stock 2 barrel mani.

Gmforce 05-09-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark 66 (Post 6059907)
Is the intake manifold a stock chevy or did you bore out the hole in a aftermarket one for the breather/filler tube.I have a performer Im gonna see if a buddy can machine it to fit my breather from a stock 2 barrel mani.

Hey Kat,
Good day....I believe Jason is using a stock 4 barrel intake to keep the breather. But if I remember correctly, Dino and others are using the aftermarket Edlebrock unit...They are making a performer intake with that breather/fill tube hole already in it for the older style engines... :)

coulter 05-09-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoisher (Post 6059095)
Yes!! I pulled the motor, and got a crazy good deal on having it built. Going with LS3 heads, bigger cam, and all forged internals. The plan is once the truck is running and driving to get back on the Nova. I too have a few things I want to redo, and paint the front sub frame is one of them.
Jason
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice man. !! Ive always loved novas so im jelous. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Dinos63 05-09-2013 03:39 PM

Motor looks killer nice work!

jdoisher 05-09-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark 66 (Post 6059907)

The intake is a early Edlebrock (painted), like Gmforce said you can still by them like Dino and others have done with the hole already machined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmforce (Post 6060956)
Hey Kat,
Good day....I believe Jason is using a stock 4 barrel intake to keep the breather. But if I remember correctly, Dino and others are using the aftermarket Edlebrock unit...They are making a performer intake with that breather/fill tube hole already in it for the older style engines... :)

Fooled ya!! Thats what I wanted!! Its a Edlebrock!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6061253)
Nice man. !! Ive always loved novas so im jelous. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

One day soon!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 6061519)
Motor looks killer nice work!

Thank you!!
Jason

Bomp 05-09-2013 10:53 PM

Nice slick motor setup there.

Gmforce 05-10-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmforce (Post 6060956)
Hey Kat,

LOL, funny, I knew it had to be one or the other. :lol: I thought I remembered you saying you were using the factory job... lol....I read so many of these that I tend to forget where I read what sometimes :lol::lol::lol:
Need to put some stuff up on my own thread ha ha ..sorry for jacking:wave:

ChevyFreak60 05-10-2013 05:36 PM

Awesome work man!! Love the color scheme on the engine and also love the grille. I have one of those grilles for my 65 just haven't gotten around to installing it.

Boost2Bags 05-10-2013 07:54 PM

Sick truck can't wait to see it driving
Posted via Mobile Device

Jmorales3181 08-09-2013 10:12 AM

Any updates? Been waiting man!
Posted via Mobile Device

jdoisher 08-09-2013 10:23 AM

I ordered the gas tank and related parts last week!! Got busy with other projects and spent all my money!! lol Hoping to have it on the road by the end of summer!! I'll post pics as soon as I get back on it!!
Jason

jdoisher 10-03-2013 02:31 PM

Motor in, Trans in, Fuel system done, Gauge cluster in, Drive shaft in, Brakes done, Rear Patina Step bumper on!
Next: Build exhaust, Cooling system, Wire it.
Nothing to take pictures of yet, but I'll be back soon!!!
Jason

jdoisher 10-03-2013 02:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1158582
Attachment 1158583
ok, two pics.