The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

Mator 07-28-2016 07:52 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

2 Attachment(s)
I got half my of my new disc brakes installed. Now for the other side, new booster, master and bleeding. I hope I am done by Saturday:smoke:.

OregonNed 07-31-2016 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wrestled the first inner fender today after repaint

colgad 07-31-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 7666528)
Before...

Which spring height did you use, it looks perfect.

berch 69GMC 07-31-2016 01:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fixing up this foam for new covers. Dodge buddies I bought last year.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1469985197

OregonNed 07-31-2016 11:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished my inner fender install today. Both painted body color. Now on to getting the bed finished this coming weekend.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-01-2016 12:20 AM

My stepdad threw an open pair of sheers "too me" yesterday morning. He's not quite right anymore (85, Marine Lt. Col.). I was backed up against a ledge at the time adjusting sprinklers. Anyway, it was my hand or upper chest, so off to the doc. tomorrow for a stab wound on the palm..................But I had prior arrangements (ha!), so I tore down the bed. Today was get organized day and I cleaned up the reverse housings...........Man, the rubber on three of four pieces were a mess. I realized today it's not corrosion, or at least mine weren't. The dirt came of with oil, rubber cleaner and a wire brush on a low setting. Took some patience like most everything else, but they turned out nice.

tdangle 08-01-2016 10:57 AM

I got new shocks at each corner put on and replace the upper A-Arm bushings on the drivers side. Big improvement!

In The Ten Ring 08-01-2016 05:55 PM

I bought 3M strip caulk and NAPA's version of "RTV silicon" and I've been playing around with how to get the heater box back together. Right now I await info on whether or not my rivets are the right length and I am having trouble getting the screws back into the wire-like brackets that hold the heater core over to the side. :cuss:

matthamby 08-01-2016 07:19 PM

Did ya'll know the mufflers get really hot after driving around?

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4smcnoir.jpg

Got a little too close while checking the Universal Joint replacement size was correct.

matthamby 08-01-2016 07:21 PM

sorry, didn't mean to post 2x

In The Ten Ring 08-01-2016 10:13 PM

My mother burned her leg on the tailpipe of her 1975 Pontiac Bonneville badly once. Careful around hot things!

I forgot to mention earlier that I cleaned my heater motor's fan with about 100 Q tips. I couldn't get it off the motor shaft and was too afraid to force it. I cleaned it pretty well though, even used and old toothbrush.

In The Ten Ring 08-01-2016 10:21 PM

My mother burned her leg on the tailpipe of her 1975 Pontiac Bonneville badly once. Careful around hot things!

I forgot to mention earlier that I cleaned my heater motor's fan with about 100 Q tips. I couldn't get it off the motor shaft and was too afraid to force it. I cleaned it pretty well though, even used and old toothbrush.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-01-2016 11:13 PM

Best thing for burns I've found is aloe vera, and lots of it. I once grabbed the exhaust pipe on a rotor till. It nailed me pretty good, instant blister. I caked aloe on and the next day....nothing.

matthamby 08-01-2016 11:23 PM

I sprayed it with unburn, it doesn't hurt, I didn't get it on quick enough it had started to blister before I could get it on. Last year I was tilling up a part of my yard, the tiller quit because something caught in the tines, so I kneeled down and placed my hand on the top for balance, what was on the top? - the muffler! I heard the sizzling, and the heat on my palm, jerked my hand back to see a wet hand print sizzle away, my wife was screaming, I jumped back shaking my hand, I could feel the heat, looked at my hand and nothing, heat was going away, I couldn't believe it! I had enough sweat on my hand that it protected my hand, you talk about having a guardian angle! It took a while to get my wife calmed down.

dflarsen77 08-02-2016 03:55 PM

Well bros I got my truck running. Got a new tank from Autozone, Spectra brand, fits like a charm. Fuel line plumbed, new fuel pressure regulator added, vent system hooked up. And I'm cruising. This is basically the first time I've been able to drive it since I drove it home in late June, and that was just an hour and a half on the freeway. Now that I drive it, the giant hole on one of the headers sounds terrible, the steering is really sloppy, and the brakes pull pretty hard left. And it was getting overheated a bit while I was putting around town, but it was 105 outside. But I've got plans for all of it! Woohoo!

Dave K. 08-02-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthamby (Post 7671173)
Did ya'll know the mufflers get really hot after driving around?

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4smcnoir.jpg

Got a little too close while checking the Universal Joint replacement size was correct.

Ouch, love hurts

RodnRudy 08-02-2016 06:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I spent yesterday and today doing the CLR bath treatment then used polishing compound and finally Mothers Cleaner Wax. She's ready for the Nats!

cornerstone 08-02-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodnRudy (Post 7672302)
I spent yesterday and today doing the CLR bath treatment then used polishing compound and finally Mothers Cleaner Wax. She's ready for the Nats!

Wow she's pretty. Congradulqtions are due! Elbow grease is not cheap but sure goes a long way!

Metaldoc 08-03-2016 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New diy door panels to finish up the interior. I used license plate plastic threaded clips in the missing weld nut locations for the door panels. They fit perfect.

FRENCHBLUE72 08-03-2016 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Move them outside for a wash and new shoes on the blazer

Grumpy old man 08-03-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 7671476)
Best thing for burns I've found is aloe vera, and lots of it. I once grabbed the exhaust pipe on a rotor till. It nailed me pretty good, instant blister. I caked aloe on and the next day....nothing.

OLD GUY TRICK ... Use toothpaste ! It relives the burning feeling immediately and speeds healing overnite . works everytime !

and when you get flash burns to your eyes when speed tack welding , cut a regular potato and squeeze the potato juice into your eye it relives the burning feeling and works better than any over the counter eye medication :smoke:

docrock 08-03-2016 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Changed the oil
Attachment 1558440

In The Ten Ring 08-03-2016 07:26 PM

I reassembled my heater box. :) I used the RVT silicon and 3M strip caulk as suggested.

JG67 08-03-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 7666525)
Installed some CPP lowering springs. Here is the after...

What drop did you get?

In The Ten Ring 08-04-2016 06:51 PM

I put my heater core into my reassembled heater box. I had to dispense with the rectangular gasket as I just couldn't line up the screws to the brackets with it on. As I wrested the heater core around trying to, part of the gasket can un-sealed with the heater core anyway.

I also cleaned the front of the cab where it mounts and removed all the old gasket caulk. The original paint there is very pretty!