The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=729469)

Ol Blue K20 01-01-2020 12:46 PM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72chevynut (Post 8652383)
lots of cool options listed on it! I’m a 4wd fan on these year models and noticed the front stabilizer option. I’ve never seen that before. Can you post a pic of the front stabilizer? Thanks

x2

CG 05-10-2020 07:49 PM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I had posted a pics and spid of my 71 C30 Cheyenne Super on here but I cant find it. And I cant find in my board gallery. Ill post pics of the outside eventually, not anything that exciting to look at though.

Here is the spid at least, very similar to Joes 72 option wise. It does have the correct 71 cruise control. I think I may put spots on it, I have a right and left with the little GM logo on the little tag.

Looks like it originally had the paint stripe but its gone now. Id prefer dark olive paint with a white roof, but for once Im not going to tear a truck apart. Just going to play with it as I drive. Flatbed is first up.

Buckets are gone and the pass through its being fixed as we speak. I just looked at it today. Im putting in a bench instead. Correct cover coming soon I hope.

jocko 05-10-2020 08:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8736587)
I thought I had posted a pics and spid of my 71 C30 Cheyenne Super on here but I cant find it. And I cant find in my board gallery. Ill post pics of the outside eventually, not anything that exciting to look at though.

Here is the spid at least, very similar to Joes 72 option wise. It does have the correct 71 cruise control. I think I may put spots on it, I have a right and left with the little GM logo on the little tag.

Looks like it originally had the paint stripe but its gone now. Id prefer dark olive paint with a white roof, but for once Im not going to tear a truck apart. Just going to play with it as I drive. Flatbed is first up.

Buckets are gone and the pass through its being fixed as we speak. I just looked at it today. Im putting in a bench instead. Correct cover coming soon I hope.

Very nice SPID. I think the white with olive interior is a stunning combo personally. Would love to see how your cab pass thru is being repaired, sounds like a good project/build thread candidate... :) A couple examples below. the bucket interior is Pete's ol Beaver C30.

52napco 05-10-2020 08:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hers the spid on the last super I bought.. it's torn down doing a frame off now

CG 05-10-2020 08:26 PM

Its the lower pass through version. He just took a patch out of another truck. Im putting the gas tank back behind the seat. The provisions were there for the filler neck, they just had a funny plug in there since it used tanks behind the rear wheel hung off the frame if I remember correctly.

jocko 05-10-2020 08:26 PM

Can't wait to see that when it's done Ken. Are you gonna keep the locking ring rims?

52napco 05-10-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 8736615)
Can't wait to see that when it's done Ken. Are you gonna keep the locking ring rims?

Nope ...got 16x8 wheel vintiques and NOS hubcaps :metal:

jocko 05-10-2020 08:43 PM

Sounds like a good plan! :)

BlazerBill 05-13-2020 03:31 AM

Ken does the White and bronze K20 have a black headliner? Very cool original looking rig.
B.B.

52napco 05-13-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazerBill (Post 8738258)
Ken does the White and bronze K20 have a black headliner? Very cool original looking rig.
B.B.

Its parchment not black

special-K 05-13-2020 06:51 AM

Everytime I see this thread I wish it was for real YE9s and not just Cheyenne Supers. Where's the GMC love? :cool: Great thread, just finally typed what I've felt since it began. I would have started a thread for real Sierra Grandes only but that would come off as being cocky

Ol Blue K20 05-13-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8738274)
Everytime I see this thread I wish it was for real YE9s and not just Cheyenne Supers. Where's the GMC love? :cool: Great thread, just finally typed what I've felt since it began. I would have started a thread for real Sierra Grandes only but that would come off as being cocky

Cocky!?........You!?........Naw!?.......I thought it was both until you pointed it out.

jocko 05-13-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8738274)

THAT is a great point Tim! I did not mean to exclude at all - as the one who started the thread, all 4-eyed YE9 brethren are absolutely welcome! Or feel free to start the GMC thread as well, we won't think you're cocky! But I sure think it would be nice to have ALL YE9s here in one place to see any similarities/differences.

pryorstemmed 07-27-2020 08:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 52napco (Post 8736612)
Hers the spid on the last super I bought.. it's torn down doing a frame off now

I just purchased the Super Custom Camper on the Craigslist thread that is almost an exact twin to yours.

Orange71shorty 07-27-2020 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here’s mine

pryorstemmed 07-27-2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange71shorty (Post 8782928)
Here’s mine

One of the nicest there is! Great pictures!

jocko 07-27-2020 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
flip

Bones72Super 07-27-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pryorstemmed (Post 8782904)
I just purchased the Super Custom Camper on the Craigslist thread that is almost an exact twin to yours.

What a great purchase! We would love to see more pics of it when you get it please :chevy:

pryorstemmed 07-27-2020 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones72Super (Post 8782968)
What a great purchase! We would love to see more pics of it when you get it please :chevy:

You bet! Shipping tonight or early tomorrow. Pics as soon as it arrives.

Chevyland 07-28-2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pryorstemmed (Post 8782904)

Congratulations
That one sat on cl longer
Than I thought it would
Good buy !

pryorstemmed 07-28-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8783076)
Congratulations
That one sat on cl longer
Than I thought it would
Good buy !

Thanks CL! I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. I couldn't take it anymore after it was posted for the second time on the craigslist thread...I made the call and am glad I did!

72 tigger 07-28-2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange71shorty (Post 8782928)
Here’s mine

Very nice shorty!

JQ-72 10-04-2020 01:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just found this short Super while out riding the back roads. Trucks like this make a good argument for the "experts" who tell you that Supers came with all the bells and whistles. Not for sale - I tried!!

68bowtie 10-04-2020 01:51 PM

Nice find!!!!!

xs-cash 10-04-2020 05:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2052882

This ours in Edmonton Alberta Canada