The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

tlman 11-01-2016 02:04 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

3 Attachment(s)
getting ready for paint

testerdahl 11-01-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 7757923)
I put the caps/rings back on the wheels. Did a quicky spray can respray on the top so it looked decent again (fixed rust from back window when it was pulled/replaced). Added the CST badges and after I took them off 10 years ago, I put the C10 fender badges back on, although I don't like the factory spot, I moved them a bit :D

Man I love this truck.

tlman 11-01-2016 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
paint soon

BugzC10 11-01-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 7757923)
I put the caps/rings back on the wheels. Did a quicky spray can respray on the top so it looked decent again (fixed rust from back window when it was pulled/replaced). Added the CST badges and after I took them off 10 years ago, I put the C10 fender badges back on, although I don't like the factory spot, I moved them a bit :D

Putting the caps and rings back on made a huge difference...really like the look! :metal:

jdalexa84 11-01-2016 10:42 PM

On Sunday I built a relay harness for my headlights that plugs into the original harness to activate the relays.
It hooks up to the power junction block and the harness has relay plugs that are mountable (haven't mounted them yet). So as for today I got to try it out since this was the first day I have driven my truck in the dark. Man what a difference.

cornerstone 11-01-2016 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tonight I stitched up the rear passenger bedside in the slightly modified fashion of board member "65standard". I decided to bring my light openings along instead of asking him to borrow his presses that he so kindly offered to loan out to members. I really don't like the paint color on my truck so I'm not too concerned about saving it.
I really appreciate 65standards thread, he gave me the inspiration to give it a shot since I can't really afford new short bedsides at the moment👍🏼

el_fantasma 11-02-2016 02:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Gaylord (r) bed cover. Getting painted next week

Bocephus69 11-02-2016 07:58 PM

Since it was such a nice November day, I took ol goldy locks to town to pick up my new toy that just showed up. I'm officially ready for winter now! Almost 50 years separate their build dates, and the sled's MSRP is more than quadruple of the C10.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/IMG_4144.jpg

66clow 11-02-2016 10:34 PM

My 69 orig came with reflectors , I wired up the side marker lamps.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ariosjn.jpg

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...psojixc84w.jpg

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 11-05-2016 11:52 PM

Cleaned remaining parts from the column tear down and removed the brakes down to the booster bracket.

The rear brake line to the back of the combination proportioning valve was on real tight. Discovered you need to support the valve and its bracket with a big crescent wrench, when tightening/loosening that brake line. Bent the bracket, but I was able to bend it back. Lesson learned.

LongBox 11-06-2016 02:21 AM

Installed cigarette lighter in place of the "lighter delete plug"; installed rubber bumpers for glove box door so it opens when you push the button, and replaced the original all black lights and wiper knobs with ones with the stainless trim, so that they match the radio and the new lighter.

Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'm going to install the little metal plate that covers the small hole in the firewall on the right of the steering column. Mine came with tape covering the hole, and it looks like factory, as there are no holes for the plate attachment sheet metal screws, indicating that there never was a plate there. Since the tape was falling off, this will seal the cab interior from the engine bay noise.

Don't worry though, cause if I ever want to, I can return it to the way it rolled out of the factory.

LongBox 11-06-2016 02:22 AM

Installed cigarette lighter in place of the "lighter delete plug"; installed rubber bumpers for glove box door so it opens when you push the button, and replaced the original all black lights and wiper knobs with ones with the stainless trim, so that they match the radio and the new lighter.

Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'm going to install the little metal plate that covers the small oval hole in the firewall on the right of the steering column. Mine came with tape covering the hole, and it looks like factory, as there are no holes for the plate attachment sheet metal screws, indicating that there never was a plate there. Since the tape was falling off, this will seal the cab interior from the engine bay noise.

Don't worry though, cause if I ever want to, I can return it to the way it rolled out of the factory.

TXTruck 11-06-2016 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put some Packard 56 series 3 contact connectors on new LED side markers for the 72 C20. Just need to wire the rear markers to act as turn indicators now.

67chevy1 11-06-2016 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1587721 Took the engine back out of the frame after getting the break in runs done so I can take it to the dyno shop and see how my engine build went.

74baggedbug 11-06-2016 10:22 PM

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...1249A41EE9.jpg

Waiting on quickfuel technology to send back my carb.. putting around on this small carb sucks lol

Zeroman 11-06-2016 11:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"LeRoy" got his grill on........

VWNate1 11-07-2016 01:47 AM

Where did you get that beautiful grille please ? .

I bought a " GM HERITAGE " grille that was worse than my old slightly dented original one ~ no way could it be made to fit .

I'd love a nice one just like yours .

Zeroman 11-07-2016 11:24 AM

I got it local here in Houston at Outback Truck Parts. Paul and Tracy are great folks to deal with.

For something like this I prefer to purchase local so I can "put my hands on it" and make sure it is a quality part. Bought the inner grill as well.

We had one of our larger swap meets this weekend and some of the replacement grills I saw were pretty bad...over spray on the paint and some with small dents and scratches.

Hope you find a good one.

74baggedbug 11-07-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroman (Post 7762544)
I got it local here in Houston at Outback Truck Parts. Paul and Tracy are great folks to deal with.

For something like this I prefer to purchase local so I can "put my hands on it" and make sure it is a quality part. Bought the inner grill as well.

We had one of our larger swap meets this weekend and some of the replacement grills I saw were pretty bad...over spray on the paint and some with small dents and scratches.

Hope you find a good one.

I stopped in at outback Friday after I left the Conroe swapmeet.. yea I noticed also some of the replacent grills at the swapmeet weren't something I'd wanna receive in a box..

VWNate1 11-07-2016 11:55 AM

I just tried ther web site, it's all screwed up .
http://www.outbacktruckparts.com/default.aspx

They're in Spring, Texas now having just moved I guess .

Zeroman 11-07-2016 12:19 PM

I'd call them direct tomorrow, they are closed today.

BugzC10 11-07-2016 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added some more bling...chrome master cylinder

DarkFlounder 11-07-2016 02:22 PM

Got my eBay door hinges disassembled and ready for new pins/bushings. Only took the shop press, a lot of hammering, grinding the head off one of the pins, and a fair amount of cussing. But they're disassembled (almost, got a few roll pins to drill out) and ready for a proper cleaning, repainting, and new pins/bushings.

thedudeabides86 11-07-2016 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bocephus69 (Post 7759025)
Since it was such a nice November day, I took ol goldy locks to town to pick up my new toy that just showed up. I'm officially ready for winter now! Almost 50 years separate their build dates, and the sled's MSRP is more than quadruple of the C10.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/IMG_4144.jpg

Greetings fellow North Dakotan! I'm originally from Grand Forks, living down in Albertville, MN as my wife's family is from down here.

I took a few loads of leaves over to the leaf pile last night. We dropped a new to me, used 350 in this and I'm still ironing out all the issues with it. Ran pretty well, considering I need a little carb fine tuning......

ekgguy 11-08-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWNate1 (Post 7762567)
I just tried ther web site, it's all screwed up .
http://www.outbacktruckparts.com/default.aspx

They're in Spring, Texas now having just moved I guess .

Outback Truck Parts just when through a change of ownership. The new owners are trying to get a handle on the inventory, then they are going to work on the website.

Give them a call, they are excellent to deal with and really nice folks.