The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

BugzC10 01-14-2017 08:50 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

[QUOTE=66clow;7825564]I moved and my truck made the journey finally from Los Angeles to its new home in Clearwater beach , FL. Looking to do some cruising at the beach. Then again with my view and location of my new home I might get lazy working on her. Definitely got to get AC at some point, it was 80 degrees yesterday and it's January!

Welcome to Florida! You are going to be surprised how different the weather is here compared to CA.
What transporter did you use to move your truck?

66clow 01-14-2017 09:05 AM

[quote=BugzC10;7825568]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 66clow (Post 7825564)
I moved and my truck made the journey finally from Los Angeles to its new home in Clearwater beach , FL. Looking to do some cruising at the beach. Then again with my view and location of my new home I might get lazy working on her. Definitely got to get AC at some point, it was 80 degrees yesterday and it's January!

Welcome to Florida! You are going to be surprised how different the weather is here compared to CA.
What transporter did you use to move your truck?

Movewheels.com, I've used them in the past but their communication was horrible this time. I think it was because it was around the holidays and people were off and trucking companies took off.. They just coordinate the moves to find the shipper. The main thing it makes it there everytime.

Yeah the weather is different since they definitely get rain around here. Although California has been crying rain since I left :) lol

Grumpy old man 01-14-2017 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=66clow;7825564]I moved and my truck made the journey finally from Los Angeles to its new home in Clearwater beach , FL. Looking to do some cruising at the beach. Then again with my view and location of my new home I might get lazy working on her. Definitely got to get AC at some point, it was 80 degrees yesterday and it's January!

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...psjvxzmeml.jpg

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4zikuu17.jpg[/QUO

St Pete/ Clearwater was my stomping grounds for 30+ years , Very Nice ! Drive down Gulf blvd from Clearwater beach over Johns pass bridge to Treasure Island and find Sunset beach where there is a great little beach bar and grille then down to St Pete beach past the Don Cesar pink hotel to Passagrille it's a great Sat morning cruise .:chevy:

Andy4639 01-14-2017 07:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Another day another score! Picked up a bench seat and electric washer out of a Chevy truck for $100.00.
The seat has the arm rest in it and the one in my 71 was nice so I hope this one will seat good to.
The seat will need to be cleaned good and the old took out. I need a couple of days to do it and the next few weeks are going to be full. So that's on hold for awhile.

Got the jug mounted & wired but need the water hoses to complete.

For the guy's who want to do this mod a little info on wiring.
The pump is hot all the time. Run the red wire from pump to 12 volts. I placed a 20 amp fuse inline with it also. Run the ground to the dash switch and plug it to the inside wire on the switch. When you push the wiper button in the pump is activated.
The switch has 3 wires connected to it with a plastic holder. 2 wires are side by side the inside one is the one you want.
:chevy:

chevy2tom 01-14-2017 07:52 PM

Looks good Andy, I put one of those seats in my 64 last year (yet to be on the road lol)http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...1216151610.jpg

Already Gone 01-14-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 7826079)
Another day another score! Picked up a bench seat and electric washer out of a Chevy truck for $100.00.
The seat has the arm rest in it and the one in my 71 was nice so I hope this one will seat good to.
The seat will need to be cleaned good and the old took out. I need a couple of days to do it and the next few weeks are going to be full. So that's on hold for awhile.

Got the jug mounted & wired but need the water hoses to complete.

For the guy's who want to do this mod a little info on wiring.
The pump is hot all the time. Run the red wire from pump to 12 volts. I placed a 20 amp fuse inline with it also. Run the ground to the dash switch and plug it to the inside wire on the switch. When you push the wiper button in the pump is activated.
The switch has 3 wires connected to it with a plastic holder. 2 wires are side by side the inside one is the one you want.
:chevy:

The seat color even matches your truck !!

Andy4639 01-14-2017 08:15 PM

Yea well you all know I like red so it was a match in heaven for the Ramp Rat!:chevy:

GR8-68 01-14-2017 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sprayed on some primer :metal:

Andy4639 01-14-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR8-68 (Post 7826118)
Sprayed on some primer :metal:

Nice job sir!:metal:

custom10nut 01-14-2017 08:36 PM

Great score on the seat. Way back when I looked for that kind of seat for my truck, with no luck. I ended up scoring the Blazer Buckets that I have now though. Do you know what model truck that washer pump and reservoir came out of? I really seen the Blazer type but the one you show looks like it fits better

Andy4639 01-14-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custom10nut (Post 7826148)
Great score on the seat. Way back when I looked for that kind of seat for my truck, with no luck. I ended up scoring the Blazer Buckets that I have now though. Do you know what model truck that washer pump and reservoir came out of? I really seen the Blazer type but the one you show looks like it fits better

I can't say for sure because the truck was just a frame with this hanging off the side with the brake booster and master cylinder. He didn't even charge me for it after I bought the seat.
I know it's 89 are above because that's all he has.
:lol:

rustytruck50 01-14-2017 09:47 PM

Having a senior moment...see next post:lol:

rustytruck50 01-14-2017 09:51 PM

The all velour with the stripes (that's how I've always refered to them) like these first came out in 1990 & lasted through 1994 when the new dash & seats showed up in '95. I'm entertaining the same seat in my '72....just need to find some of the elusive green stuff to make it happen.

scooterpimp 01-14-2017 10:50 PM

Went on a road trip to pick up a cab & fender for my 71. By some miracle i actually found a very solid cab on the east coast!

DarkFlounder 01-17-2017 01:13 PM

Took Friday off and spent the 4 day weekend on the truck. Here's the short list of what I did...

Removed grill (replacement waiting in garage for sanding and paint)
Removed, sanded, primered and re-attached both fenders and hood.
Removed and replaced driver door.
Sanded and primered passenger door (no need to remove, hinges are good enough for now).
All new weatherstripping in both doors. Cut, scraped and wire-brushed off the old cab2door seal, replaced with push-on seals from 1st gen Dakota (works like a charm).
Cut access holes into both side footwell vents and removed a few decades of debris (Jeez, wtf was GM thinking, making that debris trap with no easy access).
Mounted new mirrors (year correct DG4 mounts with new elbows/heads)

No pics yet, it was dark by the time I finished.

colgad 01-18-2017 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the son in laws cab back on the frame today. It's been a slow go but it's progress!!!

hewittca 01-19-2017 09:41 AM

I started a shortbed conversion several months ago, and today was the first time I've had the bed and wheels on the truck since shortening the frame. Much to my satisfaction (and surprise), everything fit perfectly!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/414/32...4c092750_c.jpg

66clow 01-19-2017 10:09 AM

Ordered my personalized tags

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...psjk9frtfm.jpg

magwakeenercew2jh 01-19-2017 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 66clow (Post 7831777)
Ordered my personalized tags

Here ya go.

ole dollor 01-19-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hewittca (Post 7831753)
I started a shortbed conversion several months ago, and today was the first time I've had the bed and wheels on the truck since shortening the frame. Much to my satisfaction (and surprise), everything fit perfectly!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/414/32...4c092750_c.jpg

Looking Good ....

Custom/20 01-20-2017 07:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Swapped out my leaky 18x10 wheels and tires for some 16x8 steel wheels with a set of 265x70/R16 tires! Also installed a cigarette lighter in the engine bay so I can finally use my rechargeable shop light since the wall charger crapped out.

San Diego Ron 01-20-2017 07:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Nothing major for me but finally had a muffler shop make a fix for my slow to fill gas tank fill tube.

74baggedbug 01-21-2017 09:43 AM

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...680529E646.jpg

Gonna yank out the old transmission cooler lines and install this

Metaldoc 01-21-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Ron (Post 7833191)
Nothing major for me but finally had a muffler shop make a fix for my slow to fill gas tank fill tube.

way better and safer.

72_swb 01-21-2017 10:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I put the new flex plate and starter on. Went with the 98 delco truck starter.
I adjusted my head lights and and went for a cruise.