The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Tools, Shops and Shop Safety (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   I bought a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=336406)

special-K 03-31-2009 05:43 AM

Re: I bought a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse,this is great! You`re squattin`in high cotton now!

OARNGESI 03-31-2009 05:48 AM

Congratulations on the new place

rod86 03-31-2009 07:43 AM

congrats mate, hope it all goes great for you
looks like a sweet place... :)

joe231 03-31-2009 08:23 AM

very cool!!

big_al_71 03-31-2009 12:10 PM

Thats is awesome!!! Congrats,, reminds me how excited i was when I bought my first property some moons ago!!!

kyull67 03-31-2009 02:06 PM

Awesome!!!!

67ChevyRedneck 03-31-2009 02:58 PM

Thanks everyone :D

For anyone who's curious, this was my old garage. It's VERY spacious, but too drafty for my tastes and the roof leaks like crazy!!! :haha:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...1&d=1220757517

retodd7711 03-31-2009 03:26 PM

:ennyd::five:Congratulations on your purchase!
House looks gorgeous and I'm glad your getting out of that aprtment.
Now it's time for a big party!

Andy4639 03-31-2009 03:36 PM

Well now, I can't beleive I talked to you today on the phone and herd nothing of this house. I have to find out through the grapevine. I'm hurt!;):lol::lol::metal:
Man that's great news for you and the wife. I'm very happy for both of you! When you move LMK if I'm off work I'll bring the trailer and will get you done quicker. If not just come and get the trailer and use it.
:chevy:

67ChevyRedneck 03-31-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 3230687)
When you move LMK if I'm off work I'll bring the trailer and will get you done quicker. If not just come and get the trailer and use it.:chevy:

Just making sure you saw this :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3228993)

My storage unit will be the easy part... we currently live on a THIRD FLOOR apartment... :rolleyes:

My father in law is unemployed currently as well :( He's so bored he's excited about helping us move and bringing his trailer down as well. We're hiring a moving company for the big stuff. We have a king sized tempurpedic bed, I can barely lift one corner of it, and we have brand new living room furniture, two really heavy book cases (yes, even without the books :lol: ), and a brand new washer and dryer. With a moving company I can blame them for damage and get some $ back if stuff gets damage :sexy:

Andy4639 04-01-2009 04:59 AM

You don't know what moving is son. I moved my sister in Charlotte 4 times in less than a year and all of them where 3rd and 4th floor apartments. Once was in a pooring down rain storm. The stairs were outside. Her boyfriend and me got soaked she stayed inside wraping stuff. It don't matter. I have some hand trucks also.:lol::chevy:

68C15 04-01-2009 07:37 AM

congratulations, you did it at a perfect time.

3rd floor apartment? any chance the balcony is close to a paved area?

I would make a slide for the boxes and such.

panhandler62 04-01-2009 09:04 AM

Congradulations. I am so happy to hear that your fortunes are looking up.

Palf70Step 04-01-2009 12:52 PM

Congratulation! Looks like a really nice place.

67ChevyRedneck 04-01-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 3231861)
You don't know what moving is son. I moved my sister in Charlotte 4 times in less than a year and all of them where 3rd and 4th floor apartments. Once was in a pooring down rain storm. The stairs were outside. Her boyfriend and me got soaked she stayed inside wraping stuff. It don't matter. I have some hand trucks also.:lol::chevy:

I'm going to beg to differ on that... Every year I was in clemson I had to move all my crap from columbia to clemson and back. That was 5 years worth of that crap, not to mention helping all my roommates move in/out. I also moved my wife to Athens for vet school. She decided she didn't like where she was living after a year and moved to another place in athens. I also changed Greenville apartments myself 3 times in 5 years, the last time moving into our current place with my wife. My wife had trouble finding a job last year so we moved all of her crap from athens to a storage unit in greenville, then she found a job in june and moved all of her crap from the storage unit to the apartment. I also helped my inlaws move all of their crap from Spartanburg, SC to High Point, NC. I'm a veteran mover too :lol:

rstewart09 04-01-2009 01:14 PM

When my son graduated from college he lived in a 5th floor apartment. You can imagine what college boys furniture looks like in the end. They had a sliding door out to a small balcony so that is the way the couch and chairs came out. It made putting them in the dumpster easier also.

67ChevyRedneck 04-01-2009 01:21 PM

:lol: Yeah, I tossed out most of my stuff after Clemson.

Now is a great time to buy, in addition to the no strings (but we'll pay for it somehow) $8,000, we're getting the house for about 15K less than it's last appraisal, the seller is paying our closing costs, and our APR is just 4.6%. Had we bought, say two years ago, we would have paid closing cost, probably close to the appraised value, and probably 5.5-6% interest.

special-K 04-01-2009 01:45 PM

That`s great that your payment is only $50 over your old rent and storage.Now,factor in that you deduct the interest,which is the whole payment right now.Lookin`gooooid...

67ChevyRedneck 04-01-2009 01:59 PM

Yeah, $820/mo for a 2 bedroom apt + $70/mo for a 10x10 packed full storage unit. That's $890/mo and we're looking at about $940-950/mo for the house with taxes + insurance included. Obviously, utilities will be much higher, but it's still worth it :D

gcburdic 04-01-2009 03:12 PM

Jesse.....After purchasing my 1st place, I had to learn a few lessons that weren't apparent to me while living the apartment life.....not trying to rain on your excitment, just want you to be aware (if you aren't already....you seem to be a smart cookie) of some additional items that you want to prepare for.....you gotta get a storage shed for your lawn mower/ other yard tools etc(go bigger...not that tiny 21" deal)....gotta maintain the yard (need to look better than the neighbors...which means seeding, aerating, fertilzing, etc!!!), gotta maintain the HVAC unit, gotta get bugs and termite inspection every year, PLUS the wifey is definitely going to want to paint every room in the house a different color with your help of course (LOL), need a refrigerator for the garage.....Lots more to it than just a house payment....but have fun with it!!!hahahah

67ChevyRedneck 04-01-2009 03:28 PM

Oh yeah, there's already a list. The current owners completely ruined every piece of carpet upstairs in the house (3 kids) and it's going to be very expensive to replace it all. Thank God the downstairs is all real hardwood. The carpet is near it's life cycle anyway. The inside colors are very, ummmm, festive? I'll need a lot of primer to cover some of them up :lol: Our apartment lease runs two months past our closing, so I have about 6 weeks to get the upstairs done.

There actually is a 10x10ish storage shed out back. My father in law is hooking me up with everything I need for lawn care (they moved from 1.5 acre yard to 0.25 acre yard and only need a push mower).

Bugs/termite is a must in this area. It's a few hundred/yr. We've already had all the inspections, everything basically passed, the owner agreed to fix a few things. No termites/termite damage.

My parents house has been a "work in progess" since 1984. I'm all too familiar with "home projects."

I get to clean this out and find a place for all of this crap too:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1235880158

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1235880158

88JRFAN 04-01-2009 04:43 PM

I'm sure we can help you with the stored parts. Somebody would surely take them off your hands.;)

67ChevyRedneck 04-01-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88JRFAN (Post 3232836)
I sure we can help you with the stored parts. Somebody would surely take them off your hands.;)

Not a snowball's chance in hell ;)

88JRFAN 04-01-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3232838)
Not a snowball's chance in hell ;)

Somebody had to say it.:lol:

67ChevyRedneck 04-29-2009 06:03 PM

Well ****!

Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****.

Went to closing today. It turns out the house is in the name of 4 people, all family from Columbia (the country, not the city.)

Only one of them spoke English, the 16 year old daughter (she's not one of the owners, but acted as their mediator). Apparently they had a restaurant they closed in August 2007 and never told the state they closed it, so they were charged interest and fees since then on $3,000 in taxes (on the business) they never paid. That number has now balooned to over $12K. They would have still come out of closing with $, but the lady was very emotional and wouldn't close until this was taken care of. Like I give a **** if you ****ed up and didn't pay your damn taxes. The attorney's office even offered to hold their money in escrow for them to resolve the issue (they said they paid this months ago) and we could close, but they wouldn't do it.

I am BEYOND furious. We gave them until next wed. to resolve everything, the bank was OK with that and we signed an extension. After that, if they don't close on next Wednesday we will have a legal right to end our part of the contract and go after them for damages.