The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project black-ops (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=436046)

dandansuperman 07-14-2011 01:39 PM

Re: Project black-ops

2 Attachment(s)
I finally got the 700R4 transmission in and working great. I ended up changing my stock crossmember to the one from Early Classic. It gave me the room I needed to run the exhaust. I highly reccomed spending the 90 bucks if your looking at doing the 700 conversion. I put a large aftermarket cooler on it because of the heat from the stall converter. I adjusted the TV cable myself, and then took it to a transmission shop to double check my work. He drove the truck and said he wouldn't change a thing. It is the best thing I have done to the truck so far. The tranny made it very driver friendly. I also had the exhaust done. I ended up going with dual 2.5" 40 series flowmasters. I need to take some pics of the finished product because it turned out great. I ran the exhaust through the framerail and came out behind the rear tires. I will try and get some pics up soon. My header paint is burning off faster than I expected. Don't use the Eastwood spray can crap or you will be dissapointed. I followed the directions step by step. I love the Sanderson CC10 headers, but wish I would have spent the extra money to get the ceramic coated ones. I think I will have the ones I bought chromed eventually.

VA72C10 07-14-2011 02:04 PM

Truck looks great and sounds like it's a real fun cruiser!!!

hbchevy 07-14-2011 03:49 PM

Truck looks really nice!
Posted via Mobile Device

nick martorano 07-19-2011 03:16 PM

Nice find! These trucks are a lot of fun and becoming more and more popular. So many after market things available to spend money on! My budget has gone out the door! My truck is just about done at the body shop where it has just gone through a complete color change. I have everything to finish it and can't wait to get started putting it together!
Nick

MindPhish 07-19-2011 03:33 PM

Great looking truck! I've always had a thing for those Chevrolet valve covers.

gringoloco 10-24-2011 03:20 PM

Nice truck :chevy: Any feedback on the Toyo Proxes STIIs? Road noise, tire wear, grip, etc? Looking at maybe getting a set in the near future...

Pinky6872 10-24-2011 03:38 PM

Truck is looking really good!

dandansuperman 10-24-2011 04:02 PM

The Toyo STII's are a great tire. No road noise, and they look amazing. They seem to be wearing good, and the grip is a little too good. I could spin my other tires with little effort but these seem to really hook up.

big_al_71 10-24-2011 04:16 PM

Dan how about some pictures of the engine compartment? How did it turned out?

brans72 10-24-2011 09:02 PM

Where are the exaust pics at we wanna see!

gringoloco 10-24-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandansuperman (Post 4971037)
The Toyo STII's are a great tire. No road noise, and they look amazing. They seem to be wearing good, and the grip is a little too good. I could spin my other tires with little effort but these seem to really hook up.

Cool. Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I agree, more pics!
Posted via Mobile Device

dandansuperman 10-25-2011 05:07 PM

Ok, I guess I needed a little motivation to get some more pics. The exhaust turned out sweet so I will get some pics.

dandansuperman 07-02-2012 12:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally took my headers back off and sent them to RUKSE performace for ceramic coating. Don't ever make the mistake of using high-temp header paint because it will look like crap fast. I still need to pull my stock heater and AC unit and work on my smooth firewall. I want to completly update the wiring and hide as much as possible. This will be my next project. I will get some pictures of underneath the truck so you can see my how good my exhaust turned out. I had them run it through the frame rails and cut a hole in the crossmember. I need some money to rain down on me so I can everything done at once.

gringoloco 07-02-2012 12:49 PM

Looks nice! :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

dandansuperman 07-02-2012 12:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally broke down and bought a newer truck. I got a great deal on a 2008 Chevy Vortec Max. I also wanted to post some pics of my future gear head helper Decker Jax. I can't do anything without him diving in head first.

dandansuperman 07-02-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_al_71 (Post 4971066)
Dan how about some pictures of the engine compartment? How did it turned out?

Big Al,

I look at your truck daily for engine bay inspiration. I love how you did your AC lines. I really want to put a 383 stroker motor in this truck before I repaint it. I plan on getting all my cosmetic things done first like: gas tank relocation, smooth firewall, vintage air, updated wiring etc... I will keep you updated on the progress

W.I.P.72 07-02-2012 06:42 PM

two very nice trucks...

67cheby 07-03-2012 12:03 PM

great looking truck !!

BurnoutNova 07-03-2012 12:46 PM

Man I don't think of anyone coming to Nebraska to find clean trucks, but I guess there are a few!

I like it... reminds me of the dazed and confused truck.

dandansuperman 07-03-2012 03:04 PM

Dazed & Confused was my inspiration!!!!!!!!!!

Tinkermc 07-03-2012 03:32 PM

looks very nice

CC69Rat 07-03-2012 03:39 PM

I need a little buddy to work on my trucks with me :D

dandansuperman 07-23-2012 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Check out this beauty I found cruising around Ketchikan, Alaska!!!!!!!

dandansuperman 09-09-2020 04:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I figured it was time to give everyone an update on my truck. After owning this truck for 11 years I finally built a shop last year and now I am able to really build it like I want. I started stripping the truck down to the frame in January and now comes the hard work, fun, and endless amounts of money.

dandansuperman 09-09-2020 04:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I stripped the frame and my arm with a wire wheel and brush. Super time consuming but I wanted to get it right. Sand blasting might have been the way to go, but too late now. I also cut out my C-Notch and got it bolted in before paint. I used Eastwood rust encapsulator platinum and 2K ceramic black satin to coat the frame. I used a cheap Harbor Freight spray gun and it worked great.