The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My Build Story, And I'm Sticking To It! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=303279)

lks dcvn 01-28-2009 10:09 AM

Re: My Build Story, And I'm Sticking To It!

Nice to see you are making progress! "Getting warmer" - you guys in the South have no idea how nice you have it in the winter months - we got 4" of snow last night and are getting 2 more today in Ohio - :(

Soon your Blazer will be running/driving and then you can work on the other little stuff that you forget about when you are trying to get the major stuff done. :)

I want to swap over to one of those wood steering wheels at some point - no need for one yet - I have plenty of other things that actually need repaired/fixed before I splurge for a new wheel.

Keep up the good work Mario. Looks good.

Jtrux 01-28-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lks dcvn (Post 3112312)
Nice to see you are making progress! "Getting warmer" - you guys in the South have no idea how nice you have it in the winter months - we got 4" of snow last night and are getting 2 more today in Ohio - :(

Soon your Blazer will be running/driving and then you can work on the other little stuff that you forget about when you are trying to get the major stuff done. :)

I want to swap over to one of those wood steering wheels at some point - no need for one yet - I have plenty of other things that actually need repaired/fixed before I splurge for a new wheel.

Keep up the good work Mario. Looks good.

It was cold last night, 32 at work (I work nights). So I had to put a freakin jacket on, what the hell?!?!?! :lol:

72Levi 01-28-2009 01:38 PM

Looking good with the build Mario, you will be driving it soon.

BLUE THUNDER 01-30-2009 12:24 AM

I'm gonna be working on the Blazer this weekend and hopefully have some brakes by Sunday. I'll post more pics on Sunday. Later.

BLUE THUNDER 04-27-2009 09:38 PM

Well, it's been a while. Been really busy. I have made progress though. Check it out,

BLUE THUNDER 04-27-2009 09:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Let's try again. Btw, no welding on the tank. My own filler neck solution.

BLUE THUNDER 04-27-2009 10:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Cleaned up my trailer hitch as well. I put a wire wheel on my grinder and found out it is a vintage Draw-tite. Sweet!!!! Some time w/the grinder and some Rustoleum and it it looks better than new.

BLUE THUNDER 04-27-2009 10:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I also did a little mod to the "breather hat". Since I put the Edelbrock intake and the Carter carb and Edelbrock air cleaner I had clearance issues with the HEI and the air cleaner and the top of the cowl. I put an aluminum spacer that solved the clearance issue , but I had a fuel leak problem. Don't want all my hard work goin up in flames so I thought I would try this and get rid of the spocer altogether.

BLUE THUNDER 04-27-2009 10:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well it's been raining here lately and I've gotten alot of little things done. I sanded and rattle-canned the spare wheel and put my spare tire on it. I also put the new (new to me) shoes on the Blazer. The tires are old, but they'll do for now. I plan on 35's once the lift is on.

1971 GMC SHORTY 04-27-2009 11:55 PM

Very nice, comeing along

BLUE THUNDER 04-28-2009 12:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, last but not least, the brakes. I haven't put them on yet. I had a small issue with the hard line that goes through the frame rail. I tried to take it off with the air ratchet after i cut thr old rubber line off, but the wrench holding the hard line fell off and I twisted it beyond recognition. I have enough line left to cut the trashed part off and flare the end. Hope to get this done this week. BTW, here's a pic of my little helper. Later.

ClassicJimmy 04-28-2009 11:00 AM

Helpers are always good to have!

RckyMntnKng 04-28-2009 11:21 AM

Ive really enjoyed watching your build, thanks for all the great pictures!

BLUE THUNDER 04-28-2009 09:42 PM

Thanks rckymntnkng. I feel like I'm making progress. I fixed the fuel leak tonight and also also got the "breather hat" welded up earlier today. It fits great. Need to clean it up and paint it and it'll be good to go. I also got a set of shiney chrome lug nuts and wheel locks. If I can accomplish one thing a day I'll be driving it in no time.

lks dcvn 04-29-2009 07:40 AM

:agree: - the little crap is the stuff that drives you crazy when you just want to drive it...looks like you are getting that stuff taken care of along the way.

Nice work Mario.

BLUE THUNDER 04-29-2009 09:06 PM

Thanks dude. I'm really thinking of having a tow truck pick it up and have the exhaust done. I might even have a mechanic finish off the brakes for me. I hate to pay for towing, but I'm just getting really anxious.

truckster 04-30-2009 12:07 AM

Looks great, and I like the color.

One question, though. Where did you find a 4" lift for $200?

BLUE THUNDER 04-30-2009 11:16 PM

Craigslist. I love it!!!!!

FRENCHBLUE72 05-01-2009 10:10 PM

Nice job Id like to start on my blazer soon but have way to many projects... Keep up the good work...

BLUE THUNDER 06-06-2009 06:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I'm sure ya'll saw the pics of Ol' Yeller all cleaned up. If you didn't, here's a couple. Also a couple of pics of it on the way to the shop.

swyfor5 06-06-2009 06:22 PM

Dude, awesome progress! Love watching your build, Keep up the good work and keep the pic's coming!

BLUE THUNDER 06-06-2009 07:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks dude. I made a lot of progress today while I was at the shop. I put the back half of the lift on today. Went really well. Looks awesome. I'll probably do the front this week. I also bought some bling for Ol' Yeller as well and installed my new "CST" emblems and signal lamp in the front bumper. The brakes aren't done yet. Hopefully this week after a trip to San Antonio Brake and Clutch for some extended brake lines. I got a chance to install the draw-tite. Looks good. One of the guys at the shop got the carb and dizzy tuned and timed better(still needs some tweaking) so it doesn't die out anymore. Here are some pics. Let me know what ya'll think.

BLUE THUNDER 06-06-2009 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One last pic of the rear.

jaros44sr 06-07-2009 12:27 AM

Sweet, very nice! Looks alot better up, how hard was that Drawtite to install?

BLUE THUNDER 06-07-2009 09:15 PM

Thanks jaros, the draw-tite went on pretty easily. It only has five bolts. Dont let the pics fool you though, it was plenty heavy. I think the hardest part was getting the first nut and bolt started. Should have more pics this week.