The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds 88-98 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   99' CCSB build Family Cruiser! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=566848)

Slammed66 03-19-2013 07:19 AM

Re: Decisions, Decisions!

Quote:

Originally Posted by YBNORML (Post 5947158)
Haha! I have this thing called project A.D.D. Maybe you've heard of it? It seems to be quite common among the members of this board:)
All kidding aside, I really miss having a lowered daily. And this thing will hold the whole family so it's the best of both worlds. At least that's how I justify it to myself.

The family is good, the youngest is finally settling into a sleeping pattern. How is your little one doing? She must be coming up on a year already?
Posted via Mobile Device

I know the feeling well. I have 2012 Sierra. I dropped it 2/4. The itch to go 4/6 has reared it's ugly head...........

I'm gonna sell my 72, get my 64 on the road and then buy a blazer or burb.

Good memory sir . She turned 1 at the end of febuary. It goes by fast.
Best thing that's happened in my life bar none.

Glad to hear everyone's doin well!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

gumbys10 03-19-2013 08:31 AM

Nice, I am not a fan of a stock height daily either.

YBNORML 03-19-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5956551)
looks cool! nice job :bowtie:

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slammed66 (Post 5956643)
I know the feeling well. I have 2012 Sierra. I dropped it 2/4. The itch to go 4/6 has reared it's ugly head...........

I'm gonna sell my 72, get my 64 on the road and then buy a blazer or burb.

Good memory sir . She turned 1 at the end of febuary. It goes by fast.
Best thing that's happened in my life bar none.

Glad to hear everyone's doin well!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I saw the 72' on Kijiji, good luck with the sale. A burb is on my shortlist as well. At least you have made some progress on the 64', my 68' is back in it's usual holding pattern:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumbys10 (Post 5956717)
Nice, I am not a fan of a stock height daily either.

Thanks!

YBNORML 03-19-2013 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A moment of silence for a fallen soldier :( But you can't save them all.

YBNORML 03-22-2013 06:31 PM

Re: 99' CCSB build Family Cruiser!

1 Attachment(s)
Drove her around the block. Here's an outdoor shot. Goes in next week for new rubber and an alignment. Hopefully by then most of the snow will be gone.
Posted via Mobile Device

lolife99 03-22-2013 07:58 PM

Excellent work!

YBNORML 03-24-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 5964488)
Excellent work!

Thanks!

YBNORML 03-24-2013 05:16 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Got the rear seats finished up tonight. I am really glad I put the effort in to this. The install turned out real good. The leather looks good. Since they came out of a 4dr Tahoe they fold down just like the newer crew cab rear seats do. This will really come in handy when I am using the truck for work.

The seats bolted in fairly easily, they did require a little shimming in order to sit level. I used 1/4" plate that is 2" square on the underside of the floor. This should prevent the bolts from pulling through the floor in the event of an accident.

scotts62 03-24-2013 03:08 PM

Looks good! Thats what i need to find for mine are seats like those..

72BlckButy 03-24-2013 03:28 PM

Turned out real nice!
Posted via Mobile Device

YBNORML 03-24-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts62 (Post 5967866)
Looks good! Thats what i need to find for mine are seats like those..

Thanks, If you can find some, I would highly recommend the swap. Although I didn't measure before I took the old one out. It sure feels like there is also a small gain in leg room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 5967914)
Turned out real nice!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, I can't wait to start driving her.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

YBNORML 03-28-2013 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got her back from the alignment and a fresh set of tires. I went with Yokohama Parada spec x's. 275/45/20 in the rear and 255/45/20 up front. A few things to button up tonight and i'll be driving tomorrow:metal:

zammer 03-31-2013 12:48 PM

Sick Jason! A clean looking crew you got there.. Those wheels are perfect for that truck too, now the itch is on to drop my 98 sooner!
Posted via Mobile Device

Slammed66 03-31-2013 10:13 PM

Looks AWSOME man!!!!!! Will you be installing a valance below the front bumper, to me these trucks never looked right without em.

I had a dropped and flamed 88 short fleet I learned quick after bashing a couple off to trim the lower edge off so the stay pliable and don't crack when the rub everything lol
Posted via Mobile Device

YBNORML 04-02-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zammer (Post 5982541)
Sick Jason! A clean looking crew you got there.. Those wheels are perfect for that truck too, now the itch is on to drop my 98 sooner!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, I really lucked out on the wheels. Any time you want my left over parts let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slammed66 (Post 5983638)
Looks AWSOME man!!!!!! Will you be installing a valance below the front bumper, to me these trucks never looked right without em.

I had a dropped and flamed 88 short fleet I learned quick after bashing a couple off to trim the lower edge off so the stay pliable and don't crack when the rub everything lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks. I picked up a junkyard smoothie bumper a few weeks ago, once I get it polished up I plan on adding the valence. I like the idea of trimming the edge off of it though. I've destroyed quite a few on my s-10's:)
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

zammer 04-02-2013 11:05 PM

What kind of spindles did you end up using? I've used Beltech for many of my projects but I don't want to push the front tires out like I read they may do. Not sure if its true or not?
Posted via Mobile Device

YBNORML 04-03-2013 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought McGaughy's, the box said McGaughy's and when I took the spindles out of the box they were stamped BellTech. Kinda weird! It actually pissed me off. I don't like BellTech. I purchased my drop leafs for my 4-door through them. They were supposed to be 3" drop leafs, one was and the other was a 2" drop. When I called them they told me they were quality checked and it was my truck that was the problem. I'm pretty sure you can imagine what I said them:)

You're really getting the itch? Aren't ya:)
Posted via Mobile Device

smoknbarrels 04-03-2013 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hell, it even looks good sitting on the trailer! I like it. I lower everything I've owned as well pretty much, everything from mini's to vw's.

here is an old photo of a '94 daily driver I lowered years back when i was still in school, it was a 4 and 4 drop. thought I would share for fun.

Attachment 1086479
I tell ya, if that truck could talk...my mother would probabily slap me on both sides of the face!

zammer 04-03-2013 12:02 PM

It started as an itch and its slowly turning into an obsession.
I'm sure i will be by your place soon to grab your extra parts and bring you your 67 hood.. I am going to order spindles today :metal:

zammer 04-03-2013 12:03 PM

Thats a nice looken 94 there smoken barrels... I've always liked those rims for a 15"

smoknbarrels 04-04-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zammer (Post 5988931)
...I'm sure i will be by your place soon to grab your extra parts ...

reminds me I should do the same, been so long I even forgot what kind of beer I was supposed to bring! I wanna keep that part on my shelf if i need to redo it. Zammer, you should let me know when you are heading over there, perhaps we can convince him to get that dropmember version 1.0 into use!:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

YBNORML 04-24-2013 08:23 PM

Well, I officially hate people!!!! Some jerkoff loser stole my crew last night. They broke into the truck hot wired it and then drove around back to the shop and kicked the door in. They stole a bunch of tools but didn't steal any truck parts or touch the 72 Blazer or the 68' short box. But what they did do was vandalize the 92' GMC jimmy that was on the driveway. They tried to steal it too, but I had it disabled. People suck!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

likaroc13 04-24-2013 08:34 PM

Wow, so sorry to hear! Hope they're tracked down & you get it all back, especially the truck. I pray those low-life's are caught & punished to the max! Wishing you the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

zammer 04-24-2013 11:03 PM

No way! Dirty scum that is for sure. Ill be watching for it.
Sorry to hear that man, crap that pisses me off
Posted via Mobile Device

Slammed66 04-25-2013 11:22 AM

Wow, brutal. Sorry to hear that.
I hope they recover the truck intact, and those dousche bags get what's comin.
Posted via Mobile Device