The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Arizona to Indiana, The Final Chapter......... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=290748)

basketcase 05-13-2008 03:41 AM

Re: Arizona to Indiana, The Final Chapter.........

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like you are making good progress Rick. I go past Andrews often for work (Air Products, Butler IN). It's nice to see another stepside coming together in our area. I'm not worrying about paint and bodywork this summer. I just want to get my truck up and running. I'm anxious to see how the new engine performs.

Do you know of any truck shows in the area this year?

Tom

toomanytoyz 05-16-2008 02:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Tom,

Thank's for the Kind Word's, How's the Progress with the Motor? I'm Just east of Andrew's a Couple Miles off 24. As Far as Show's Go, I usually just Look in the Free Circular's that you can Pick up like Indiana Auto & Rv. Pretty Sure Ohio put's out the Same Deal with Pics in them?

Both Door's ended up Needing Massaged, The Passenger one Appear's to Have been Dropped on the rear Corner at Some Point in Time & Needed some work. Going to Indy Tomorrow to Pick up a Bed I'm Getting From Huck, After That Just a few Small item's needed to Finish out the Truck ( I Hope ).......

Bought a Set of Guages for the Truck & am Going to do the Glove Box as a Housing for them..........

Rick

Richard8971 05-16-2008 05:11 AM

Sweet find Rick. That's a pretty sweet bed...

Hey I just noticed something... do you really think you need a speedo that goes up to 140??? :rolleyes:

Be safe on the journey and let us know when you get back.

Later, D

my67chevytruck 05-16-2008 05:49 AM

Looking good Rick. I hope i am at the point one day in life to have "toomanytoyz"

Richard8971 05-16-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my67chevytruck (Post 2724291)
Looking good Rick. I hope i am at the point one day in life to have "toomanytoyz"

Hmmmm... I'm not sure how his wife would feel about that, but I'm sure for the right price, Rick could be for sale! :lol:

D

Blue'72 05-16-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard8971 (Post 2724465)
Hmmmm... I'm not sure how Rick's wife would feel about that, but I'm sure for the right price, Rick could be for sale! :lol:

D

:lol:

basketcase 05-17-2008 01:03 PM

That bed looks pretty decent. I watch Auto and RV for close events but I haven't seen any dedicated truck only shows since the one they had in Auburn several years ago. I think that one only ran for 3 or 4 years but the turnout was always good.

Tom

Richard8971 05-21-2008 02:43 AM

:confused:

Where are ya?

toomanytoyz 05-21-2008 04:47 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard8971 (Post 2730692)
:confused:

Where are ya?

Been Busy with my Oldest Daughter's College Grad. This Weekend, Been a Long & Hectic 5 Year's for Her, I'm Just Glad that's it's Finally Over..........

Also Ordered some Part's to finish out the Stepper, Ordered a Vintage Air Sure Fit System for it, Decided to go with that as i Had none of the Firewall Heater Part's. New Dist & Wire's & A new dash Pad...........

Rick

toomanytoyz 05-21-2008 04:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Made it to Indy on Thursday to Pick up the Bed I Bought from Huck, He saved me about 300 Miles of Drive by Hauling it up to Indy for me.......

Thank You Huck................

toomanytoyz 05-21-2008 04:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Got the Bed Home & took out all the Bed Wood & Strip's & Started Getting it Ready for My Body Guy..............

toomanytoyz 05-21-2008 05:01 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Saved the Best Update for Last..................

68 short step 05-21-2008 05:22 AM

nice, i like...looks good

Richard8971 05-21-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomanytoyz (Post 2730867)
Been Busy with my Oldest Daughter's College Grad. This Weekend, Been a Long & Hectic 5 Year's for Her, I'm Just Glad that's it's Finally Over..........Rick

Congrats!

Sweet update pics too by the way!

Don

Blue'72 05-21-2008 05:15 PM

Looks really good! I got a lot of catching up to do.

my67chevytruck 05-21-2008 06:34 PM

Don did a funny.... You got me..

Rick, your truck is looking very good. I hope to be at that stage in about 6 or 7 months.....
Donations accepted.... Don can be the first to throw some $$$ at the truck fund........ Take care Guys!

Richard8971 06-09-2008 11:12 PM

Sienor Rick,

¿Cómo estás?

Sienor Don

whatnow123 06-10-2008 05:56 PM

looking good!

But why is it that every stepside bed that people find for these trucks is red? Anyone else notice that? Mine was red and there are a couple of other builds that had a red one.

toomanytoyz 06-11-2008 06:51 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Took off the Driver Door & Spotwelded it Back Together where it was seperating, Now have Good Gap with the Door. Have Started working on the Bed now, Slow But Sure..............

That's about it for Now, Thanks for Checking up on Me...........

Rick

Blue'72 06-23-2008 10:32 AM

Hey Rick, I saw your avatar and had to go looking for this build thread to see if I missed something. Is that avatar your vision? Any updates on the project??

truckdude239 06-23-2008 10:39 AM

more must have moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

toomanytoyz 06-23-2008 10:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
That Truck is How i hope to look when Complete, I have the Same Rim's as it Has & Hope for the same strance. My Buddy needed some more slicksand to finish up the Bed, I ordered it from Eastwood on the 4th & it made it to with-in 25 miles of my Home on the 6th & was sent back due to Damage. I Finally Called them on the 17th wondering why i Had'nt got it Yet, Someone in the Return Dept never bothered to Tell anyone of it Being Returned. Did Finally Get it on the 19th.............

Got a New Windshield for it, New Grill & Headlite Trim, A Set of Used Ceramic Header's & A few Misc Item's for it, I Really Would like to see it Finished as it's been almost a Year Now.

Thanks for Checking & Here is a Pic of the Truck in my Avatar..........

Rick

Richard8971 06-28-2008 12:33 AM

That is like totally not fair, I thought for sure you had gotten it painted. Ugh... Hope all is well... Keep us posted on the progress!

D

Richard8971 07-07-2008 12:04 AM

:hmm: what up dog?

D

toomanytoyz 07-18-2008 10:19 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the Lack of Responce, My Buddy is Kind of Struggling to Make a Go of it & I Had him put me on a Back Burner so he could Bring in More quick work to get some Cash flow Going. Almost one Year & over 11 k Invested in the Truck at this Point...........

I Just want to be Done with it so i can Move on with Life, Thank's again for all the Support shown to me During this Ordeal, Has helped more than i can Express.

Rick