The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   For your viewing pleasure (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=277621)

LMDGUY 02-08-2008 02:05 PM

Re: For your viewing pleasure

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCKIN-FOU (Post 2567730)
Oh yeah I left for good 3 months ago. I'm going to do some magazine stuff. I've had some offers that I'm looking at.

Sucks that the suits have control of those shows... wish they would just let you guys do (build) what you want.

shifty 02-08-2008 02:21 PM

when i first saw the avatar and the name i was like, "could it be? nah, probably a big fan of the guy, why would a celeb stop by here? his profile here doesn't match his myspace profile :D".

gotta say, all i've seen is repeats on the tivo lately, so i wasn't aware that lou'd (you'd? :)) left.

either way - one of the best personalities on the powerblock, and probably one of the only people on powerblock i'd ever wanted to go out and grab a beer with - well, ok, Jared seems like a pretty freakin cool guy (saw him in a cameo on "Rides" recently), and so Jess from E-4x4 seems pretty cool as well (every car guy's dream woman?). they just don't come off as not as fcking nuts like lou santiago :D the rest of the PBTV cast seem pretty hohum...

pugs 02-08-2008 03:20 PM

welcome lou, glad you could join us here. bummer you left the show, it was the only show i watched. so tell us lou how was working with the luvely miss hanson. again welcome to the board

grady5 02-08-2008 08:49 PM

I agree with Shifty. Weekends just wont be the same now.

72BlckButy 02-08-2008 10:21 PM

Sorry to hear that you won't be on PBTV anymore, but as mentioned before, it seemed like the suit's were controlling to much of the show, and not letting you give the viewer's what they wanted to see.

We're more than happy to have you on the board! Can't wait to see what you have planned for this build...

CG 02-08-2008 10:42 PM

Ive never heard of his show or the other one mentioned. Were these on Speed channel? Ive pretty much given up on Speed. Every time I turn it on it seems like I hit some superbike show or Pinks (which I cant stand).

Please give me a heads up so I can check it out.

Mark

jlaird 02-08-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 2568084)
Ive never heard of his show or the other one mentioned. Were these on Speed channel? Ive pretty much given up on Speed. Every time I turn it on it seems like I hit some superbike show or Pinks (which I cant stand).

Please give me a heads up so I can check it out.

Mark

The "Powerblock" is on the weekends starting at 11AM EST on the Spike channel and consists of HorsePower, MuscleCar, Trucks, and Xtreme 4x4.

SmallBlockOfFury86 02-09-2008 03:20 AM

watch good ol' Powerblock every weekend,i love it

mrenj23 02-09-2008 06:51 AM

No more Lou on muscle cars but atleast we can see you do a build on here.

Tony@AirRideTech 02-09-2008 07:33 AM

Looooooooooooouuuuuuuu! Its my favorite TV fag!:uhmk:

LUV2XCLR8 02-09-2008 07:40 AM

Interesting Concept on the build so far, keep us informed ;)

Rc 415 02-09-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abadsvt (Post 2567440)
You should start this in the build section of the 67-72 trucks. That is where most of the people have there build thread. Anyways good luck and make sure you post some pics.

Josh

You cant have him he's a square body guy on this build! :metal: :c2:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=277490

protrash64 02-09-2008 11:35 AM

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!! Welcome LOU.........I took a break every weekend to whatch M/C. Im going to miss you on that 'cuz I always laughed at something you did or said.............the other shows were kind of uptite.

slammed1 02-09-2008 12:48 PM

All static drop as low as you can go,my kind of ride!!

welcome and hate to hear of you leaving.

LUCKIN-FOU 02-09-2008 01:40 PM

I have to take the weekend off I'm going to the Autorama in Sacamento. Hangin out on the west coast.

I'm a big fan of the static drop don't get me wrong bags are cool but static is more fun to build. There is so much more to look at. from a building point of view.

Hey Tony call me I know you will check this thread. Later

N2TRUX 02-09-2008 02:46 PM

Welcome to the forum Lou. Glad to have another pro in our midst. Please keep us posted as your schedule allows.

GMBowtie79 02-09-2008 03:45 PM

Hey Lou, wish you where still hosting Muscle car that show was the best part of the powerblock. the block won't be the same. ya brought some attitude to it. I really wanted to see the LeMans & Challenger finished, dont get me wrong I'm a Chevy man but those where some good builds. I even liked the Mustang and I'd rather push my Chevy than drive a ford! Have a great time in Sac. looking forward to seeing more on this build. The West Coast welcomes you to the forum.

hilljob26 02-09-2008 11:55 PM

welcome,lou,too bad about your show,its even worse about jesse..shes freakin hot...anyway,its awesome your an avid 67-72 guy.hope to see ya around some time

kulturekat 02-10-2008 01:25 AM

yeah man that sucks i had a feeling thats why all we were seeing were reruns. seem slike somehting was up. im gonna miss ya on that show it was awesome i learned more from you hosting that show than i had n very many other shows at all. the mustang build was awesome i have one built similar to that, it serves as the same purpose so it was awesome seeing that build.and 4 othe rmustangs as well.

bummer to know about jessie too im not into offroad and 4x4 but she made me interested haha she was the only reason i stuck around to even watch that show.

good luck on your adventures im sure whatever you do from here on out will be awesome.

Tony@AirRideTech 02-10-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCKIN-FOU (Post 2569220)
I have to take the weekend off I'm going to the Autorama in Sacamento. Hangin out on the west coast.

I'm a big fan of the static drop don't get me wrong bags are cool but static is more fun to build. There is so much more to look at. from a building point of view.

Hey Tony call me I know you will check this thread. Later

... Lou.... Simple minds like static.... its because their brain isnt large anough to wrap it around the idea of using airsprings, and those of us that know you personally completely understand the fact that you are truely warped... Your like a Black Sabbath cassette that someone left on the dash of their Trans Am with the T tops off........

you know I love you brother...... ;) I try to call man, also you can try to ring me when you get off he plane after you get rid of your barf bag and clean yourself up. I know how you Navy guys are when you get in air planes!

grnddwn 02-10-2008 01:35 AM

Welcome Lou cool to see you on the board. I'm narrowing a crossmember for a Divco going to run a rack on it though.
No Lou and now no Jesse. Looks like I have no reason to watch powerblock.
Oh well more garage time.

Frizzle Fry 02-10-2008 03:29 AM

Did the Stang every get it's day on the track? I DVR the show and haven't seen anything past the flares...? Ya it's a chevy board, but I think we all appreciate quality builds. Looking forward to seeing your truck come together. Should be interesting. :ito:

tvblazer78 02-10-2008 04:14 AM

Good luck with it man and a big welcome to the site...

92306HO5 02-10-2008 04:50 AM

glad to have you here.really bummed that your not on musclecar anymore.first stacy left trucks. now your leavin .freakin sucks.loved your build ups. though hopefully youll turn up like frieburg on the web or your own show.later.....

Coronas56 02-10-2008 06:32 AM

Lou was a Squid? what a shame!