The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   copperhead video tapes (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=139313)

moneyguru 02-08-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetandLong68
I got a new DVR when I upgraded my Dish Network setup. It came with it as an option...Holds 100hours of video....I am not sure how I would get it off of that to send to you? Any ideas?

lata
CHRIS

Which model is it? I'll do some research and see what can be done!
Well what can be done without you sending me your DVR anyway! :aiiet:

dropdprpls10 02-08-2005 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70c10swb
lol is this leagle

as long as you dont sell them.. i had one guy just pay shipping and for a tape and thats it..

oj70chevy 02-09-2005 10:32 AM

I would like a copy on dvd if posible. Just let me know how much for the disk and shipping.

moneyguru 02-09-2005 10:53 AM

Sounds like there will be alot of interest if we can get the episodes onto DVD.

I have the capabilities of making the DVD's, but I need to get the recordings first, and getting them in digital form is going to provide the best DVD recording. I can do it from VHS recordings but would rather do it from a digital source (quality & speed issues)

If you have episodes recorded via DVR or VHS please PM me to see.

Regards
Chris

70c10swb 02-09-2005 10:11 PM

id like a dvd :)

Drogster 02-10-2005 03:43 PM

So what's the latest on this? I'd love a copy - either DVD or VHS...

XXL 02-10-2005 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyguru
This is perfectly legal as long as we don't sell them.
Pool some money together to buy DVD media to use to burn the DVD's is ok.
Making them and selling them isn't ok.

Atleast that's my belief.....

Actually... Fair Use (as described in Title 17, as amended) doesn't let you KEEP anything on recorded media. It's intended for you to watch it, then tape over it (or otherwise dispose of it). Ever wonder why Discovery Channel always puts that ad at the end of their shows hawking DVD's "of the show you just saw?" That's the only way you can legally KEEP these shows.

</preparing to be flamed for pointing out the general illegality of this thread's focus>

beagler 02-10-2005 04:05 PM

I'd love a copy of them dvd or vhs let me know what you guys work out and I can come up with it(parts in trade, donation to the boards, or w/e) I really would like to see them I watched like half of them and then I ran into cash flow issues and had to cut cable.

moneyguru 02-10-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXL
Actually... Fair Use (as described in Title 17, as amended) doesn't let you KEEP anything on recorded media. It's intended for you to watch it, then tape over it (or otherwise dispose of it). Ever wonder why Discovery Channel always puts that ad at the end of their shows hawking DVD's "of the show you just saw?" That's the only way you can legally KEEP these shows.

</preparing to be flamed for pointing out the general illegality of this thread's focus>

No flame your point is well taken. I believe this thread isn't discussing any illegal activities because I am only offering this service based on my belief the videos provided will be watched once, not kept forever.

What the recipient of the video chooses to do with it is beyond my control.

smokekiki 02-10-2005 04:15 PM

:devil: :devil:
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXL

:devil: :devil:Is that enough flamming? ;) All You need is someone from Spike or Trucks to read this thread.After all this site is posted in Magazines.Anyone connected with these shows could pitch a b!tch.

moneyguru 02-10-2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokekiki
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:Is that enough flamming? ;) All You need is someone from Spike or Trucks to read this thread.After all this site is posted in Magazines.Anyone connected with these shows could pitch a b!tch.

Or they could offer the videos for sale...... :gi: :hmm:

Besides a fair amount of the show seems to be "adds" for sponsors anyway. So we should charge Trucks for distributing their commercials!!!! ;)

beagler 02-10-2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyguru
Or they could offer the videos for sale...... :gi: :hmm:

Besides a fair amount of the show seems to be "adds" for sponsors anyway. So we should charge Trucks for distributing their commercials!!!! ;)

:agree: my 100th post :ww:

jtmiller92 02-10-2005 10:10 PM

I would like a DVD or VHS. If it just so happens to have all the copperhead episodes recorded on it, then great. I am more than happy to pay for a used DVD or VHS tape.

longnlow72 02-10-2005 10:28 PM

i would want them if there are cheap

RED67 02-11-2005 08:40 AM

I'll donate some money to the board or whatever to get my hand on these DVD's

jamis 02-11-2005 03:51 PM

I have a caption card and can move them from VHS to DVD.....but like Moneyguru said the quality will be poor, If someone has them in mpg4, it would be better to transfer to DVD. Even if you can get them over to a VCD I can work with that, doenst matter how many VCDs.

oj70chevy 02-24-2005 12:40 PM

just checking up on the dvd or vhs. Has anyone got all the shows on one tape or dvd that they would need me to record over ;) .

RED71CHEVY 02-24-2005 12:54 PM

dvd.....vhs.......

;) :hi2: :one: i would like a used dvd or vhs from you when you can find some :) :cool:

moneyguru 02-24-2005 12:56 PM

Well unfortunately I have only had one person offer any of the episodes so far.

In order to even START this project I need more people to come forward that have episodes on DVD, on their PVR or VHS recordings.

Anyone?

justbcuz 02-24-2005 01:50 PM

Put me on the list. If I had any of the episodes, I would send them to you.

If someone has a couple of episodes, send them in. If enough people contribute we can all have a complete set. Don't be stingy.

BTW, thanks for offering to do this for us. :metal:

dropdprpls10 02-24-2005 03:18 PM

i had to replace my tivo so i lost them all . i got them on vhs but there not the best qulity.. if someone gets the complete dvd i will surely buy one!!! sign me up

moneyguru 02-24-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropdprpls10
i had to replace my tivo so i lost them all . i got them on vhs but there not the best qulity.. if someone gets the complete dvd i will surely buy one!!! sign me up

Do you have your old Tivo, I might be able to extract them from the hard drive.

justbcuz 02-24-2005 05:50 PM

Ttt

jamesi20 02-24-2005 07:36 PM

let me know if this ever becomes a reality i want a copy

Gee_Emm 02-24-2005 09:57 PM

Why don't you guys share the episodes via Winmx or a torrent?