The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Possible Road Trip Event for Blazer/Jimmy Owners (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=313400)

jaros44sr 11-09-2008 10:15 AM

Re: Possible Road Trip Event for Blazer/Jimmy Owners

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 2965911)
...okay, okay. :lol:

With luck I'll spend some time on it today, with more luck, I'll get the tub off the frame...so wish me luck.

Wish ya luck, any more pics of the blazer at the starting point. The tub was in pretty good shape wasn't it

vtblazer 11-09-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2965920)
Wish ya luck, any more pics of the blazer at the starting point. The tub was in pretty good shape wasn't it

Yeah, really good shape.

I'll take pics and post em in the build thread...wouldn't want to 'jack this thread ya know. :lol:

jaros44sr 11-09-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 2965946)
Yeah, really good shape.

I'll take pics and post em in the build thread...wouldn't want to 'jack this thread ya know. :lol:

Dang, can't live it down, and I was trying hard to behave. Even gave myself a 2 day suspension, maybe I could get it splain'd to me, doesn't seem to sink in

vtblazer 11-09-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 2965956)
Dang, can't live it down, and I was trying hard to behave. Even gave myself a 2 day suspension, maybe I could get it splain'd to me, doesn't seem to sink in

It's all good, keeping this thread on the front page only means that more blazer/jimmy owners have the chance to read it and with luck, will decide to show up.

jaros44sr 11-09-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 2965964)
It's all good, keeping this thread on the front page only means that more blazer/jimmy owners have the chance to read it and with luck, will decide to show up.

I'll be try'n to get mine dun, looking forward to the road trip...Is it legal to use a 'ttt' for a thread like this?

70k52wd 11-09-2008 11:07 AM

Looks like a fun time to be had. Would there be camping for those that would like to do so? And for those that would rather stay at a motel, how close are they? Also, a caravan of Blazers would be very cool, that should be coordinated, I am just off I95 between Frederickburg and Richmond VA, If I can help, let me know...If I get my heads rebuilt, and a couple of other minor issues worked out, I'm there.

LUV2XCLR8 11-09-2008 11:27 AM

Camping on site, just no hook-ups, Motel about 20-30 minutes

Ron 586 11-09-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70k52wd (Post 2965975)
Looks like a fun time to be had. Would there be camping for those that would like to do so? And for those that would rather stay at a motel, how close are they? Also, a caravan of Blazers would be very cool, that should be coordinated, I am just off I95 between Frederickburg and Richmond VA, If I can help, let me know...If I get my heads rebuilt, and a couple of other minor issues worked out, I'm there.

Sir, to save me a bunch of typing do this for me please. Look at the pics in the last photobucket link in my siggy. It was of the national board meet 2008 for this site. If there is enough interest (and money)shown we'll do a weekend meet. If not we will have a meet on the 3ed Sat. in July. We are in the early phases of planning so stay tuned.......

vtblazer 11-09-2008 11:42 AM

:metal: props to the Tenn. zoo crew for helping out with this!

Chevyman63 11-09-2008 11:47 AM

I guess I'd better get my arse in gear if I'm going to be ready.

70k52wd 11-09-2008 11:49 AM

Are there fish in the puddle, and can we catch and release? I see it was 100 + degrees, can we use the kiddie pool? LoL

Ron 586 11-09-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70k52wd (Post 2966053)
Are there fish in the puddle, and can we catch and release? I see it was 100 + degrees, can we use the kiddie pool? LoL

The "puddle" is stocked with catfish and bass.You can catch and release or clean and cook them. The "kiddie pool" is 21' across and 4' deep. It is a exercise pool for my wife and I. It will be decided when everyone gets here if we open it up for guests.

We have lots of reasonably priced motels close. Camping will be allowed if we have the porta potties and wash station in place. So just watch and see what develops. We have 16 1/2 acres and have trails on my neighbors 50 acres. We have plenty of room to have a great time. So talk it up and lets get this thing going.

70k52wd 11-09-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron 586 (Post 2966134)
The "puddle" is stocked with catfish and bass.You can catch and release or clean and cook them. The "kiddie pool" is 21' across and 4' deep. It is a exercise pool for my wife and I. It will be decided when everyone gets here if we open it up for guests.

We have lots of reasonably priced motels close. Camping will be allowed if we have the porta potties and wash station in place. So just watch and see what develops. We have 16 1/2 acres and have trails on my neighbors 50 acres. We have plenty of room to have a great time. So talk it up and lets get this thing going.

You sir, are a very hospitable person:metal:...I have dibbs on a camping spot next to the pond...LoL

I was wikapidiaing Big Sandy and saw a couple of drive-in's, Birdsong in Camden, also Valley in Waverly...If maybe you had plans for a cruise of some sort, that might make for a good time...Just a thought.

AJs72K5 11-09-2008 04:03 PM

It will definately need to be a weekend type event to make the drive worthwhile for those of us 800+ miles away.

5150 11-09-2008 05:17 PM

You guys come on down/over/up or wherever. I'm just outside Nashville and would gladly put somebody up if needed. I'm about 2 hours from Ron and my roadster will be done by then also.

Ron, you know the crew will help if you need anything.

Ron 586 11-09-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJs72K5 (Post 2966295)
It will definately need to be a weekend type event to make the drive worthwhile for those of us 800+ miles away.

I have no problem with this being a weekend (Friday, Sat., Sunday) and if you get here on Wed or Thur that's cool as is leaving Monday. I'm disable/retired so don't have to punch a clock. Whatever fits we'll try and do it. Hope the gas prices stay down and not kill us again next year.

cparman 11-09-2008 07:02 PM

SO, I ask my wife if she wants to go to her mom's in July. Usually we go in the spring, and in late August. She will think something is wrong with me. I usually do not want to go to her mom's except on race weekends. Bristol Tennessee. I think I could have my 72 2WD ready for a road trip by then. I spent time workin on the stereo this weekend. The stereo is almost loud enough to drowned out the junk my kid listens to that I hate. ya'll can fill in the blanks about my music choices . I'M IN

69TowRig 11-09-2008 10:38 PM

Sounds cool, no clue if mine will be road-trip worthy by then...

Ron 586 11-10-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69TowRig (Post 2966887)
Sounds cool, no clue if mine will be road-trip worthy by then...

It don't matter if it is running or not. Get here anyway you can and you will be welcome. This is more about people getting together with others who share a common interest. So ready or not just come on and enjoy yourself.

FRENCHBLUE72 11-10-2008 11:39 AM

Id have to say way too far for me to drive.... Other wise Id love to go..

vtblazer 11-10-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 (Post 2967614)

Fly in then, we'll pick ya up at the airport. ;)

Ron 586 11-10-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 (Post 2967614)

VT beat me to it. Nashville, Jackson, or Memphis just let us know and we'll be there to pick you up. This may be the only chance for us to all shake hands. Don't miss out..

5150 11-10-2008 03:56 PM

I volunteer to pick you up in Nashville :)

LUV2XCLR8 11-10-2008 04:54 PM

I can pick-up @ Memphis, I have 4 spare Bedrooms, and I am 1 hour to Ron's

Jtrux 11-10-2008 05:57 PM

A plane ticket isn't the worst idea. For people like me and AJ that have to drive real far I would think it would be acceptable to fly in just to meet up with everyone. It would suck not being able to drive the blazer up there but it would be worth meeting everyone.

EDIT: Even with gas cheaper right now it would be cheaper for me to fly rather than drive anyways.