The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Police theme? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=320321)

Sport/Truck 12-24-2008 11:29 AM

Re: speaking of movies

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3043660)
I recently saw that, if I remember right, it was a faded blue 71/72 longbed cheyenne???

Sport/Truck... your buddys car is SICK! I don't think I have the balls to own something like that, but I wouldn't mind riding around in the front seat of it... never been in the back seat of a cruiser and I never want to be!

Hmmmm, blazers/suburbans come to mind... can't think of any pick ups!

Just after he gets the strip off (court order) he puts this new slogan on the back, again just like the real deal......:dohh:

5150 12-24-2008 11:53 AM

Re: Police theme?

wow, can't imagine why he'd get "harassed" with that sticker on the bottom. Love when people use the word "harassed". It's like that other phrase that people use that isn't true...speed trap :) I worked in a place that was always accused of that, I used to tell them if you're speeding it's not a trap. What do you want the city/state to do, put Christmas lights around the speed limit sign so you'll see it why you talk on your cellphone?

Awesome trucks guys, I'd prefer the Punisher skull though :)

Shane 12-24-2008 01:00 PM

Sport/Truck ... I don't even know your "friend" but I'm willing to bet he is a royal a$$hat.

I say he deserves what ever he gets from law enforcement.

67ChevyRedneck 12-24-2008 02:55 PM

I find it odd they made him remove the stripe, but was allowed to keep the "police interceptor" emblem on the trunk?

There's also a fine line between cool and stupid, the new decals are the latter :lol:

LuckyHenriksen 12-24-2008 02:58 PM

Ya I bet that was alot better than the stripe

Arad68 12-24-2008 03:01 PM

The guy's got serious nuts, but maybe he likes them stepped on, who knows. If I was a cop it would be hard not to "harrass" this provocation.

LuckyHenriksen 12-24-2008 03:03 PM

I agree. Its one thing if you seem to be minding your business and get pulled over, but when you drive around looking for it you deserve it. It would be funny to have a friend like that though....

OARNGESI 12-24-2008 07:15 PM

Personally i like the car even the back sticker

Sport/Truck 12-24-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 3044458)
Sport/Truck ... I don't even know your "friend" but I'm willing to bet he is a royal a$$hat.

I say he deserves what ever he gets from law enforcement.

Not my friend, but friends son.....;) totally different generations! I'm not condoning what he does, just posting in-light of the police theme & not to offend anyone!
If requested I'll delete the pictures with no hard feelings.....
s/t

Sport/Truck 12-24-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3044666)
I find it odd they made him remove the stripe, but was allowed to keep the "police interceptor" emblem on the trunk?

There's also a fine line between cool and stupid, the new decals are the latter :lol:

They sell the police cars like that, they must not mind.
Todays generation isn't like what I was when I grew up. It seems like its about the lowest common dominator now days. :lol:
s/t

ripdog28 12-24-2008 08:44 PM

I think it is funny that he is doing that to the car knowing that he is going to get attention/tickets/fines/court orders and still says he is being harassed. He is looking to get into trouble and look good in front of his friends. Those kids don't stay out of jail long after 18.

I know it is your friends kid but what kind of father lets his son do dumb crap like that. I would never gotten away with that from my dad.

BTW: dont remove the pics

Sport/Truck 12-24-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripdog28 (Post 3045234)
I think it is funny that he is doing that to the car knowing that he is going to get attention/tickets/fines/court orders and still says he is being harassed. He is looking to get into trouble and look good in front of his friends. Those kids don't stay out of jail long after 18.

I know it is your friends kid but what kind of father lets his son do dumb crap like that. I would never gotten away with that from my dad.

BTW: dont remove the pics

He's 26 years old and is able to do as he wants.....
The situation with him being harassed was only with one cop. Apparently an ex-girlfriends mom had it in for him. She knew this cop that gave him all the grief. Supposedly he was saying he was lighting up lights & sirens, which neither of them he has. There was a long list of BS he was telling his Dad and I one year.
Its long over with now and AFAIK he hasn't had any issues with the law since. -And never any jail time.

FWIW he's always been clean & sober. When his dad and I've been at his cabin, he's never even had a beer.

He said the officers in court liked his car and was cool about it, and the judge said he wasn't breaking the law. Just basically had him remove the stripe through the "shield" to eliminate any confusion.
That bumper sticker on the back I haven't seen before just some pictures
he sent me when I asked for them. :ito:
s/t

ripdog28 12-24-2008 10:36 PM

ah the full story is much better. we only had part of it and our assumptions on the rest. I was thinking it was some 18yr old a$$hat. I will be the first to admit that some Cops/sheriff are vindictive and searching for a reason.

69halfton 12-24-2008 11:01 PM

i think that its good to a point. i think the police force shoyuld pay people to buy plain white crown vics. when you saw his car driving by, i bet you would slam on the brakes, slow down and behave right?

well thats one less cop out there getting paid to cruise around and make every honest person stay in line.

it would be a pain though, imagine sitting on the interstate trying to do 75 or 80 mph, when everybody sees you coming and slows right down. what a drag that would be :lol:

67CHIP72 12-25-2008 12:24 AM

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

-Elwood Blues

JayG 12-25-2008 12:48 AM

There's hundreds of those retired cruisers on the streets around here. Mostly "Dorfs" now, but, my '94 9C1 Caprice in the back yard still has it's spotlight and 4 of the original 6 antennas! I bought it for the drive train and 4wheel disk brakes. It's my backup vehicle. Hauls a$$ for such a big car.

Shane 12-25-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport/Truck (Post 3045123)
Not my friend, but friends son.....;) totally different generations! I'm not condoning what he does, just posting in-light of the police theme & not to offend anyone!
If requested I'll delete the pictures with no hard feelings.....
s/t

Nah, no reason to delete the pics and I don't think anyone is offended, I know I'm not. Just because I think a person is a jacka$$ doesn't mean they are ... just means that I don't know them and have formed an opinion based on what I know. :sexy:

5150 12-25-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

i think that its good to a point. i think the police force shoyuld pay people to buy plain white crown vics. when you saw his car driving by, i bet you would slam on the brakes, slow down and behave right?

well thats one less cop out there getting paid to cruise around and make every honest person stay in line.

it would be a pain though, imagine sitting on the interstate trying to do 75 or 80 mph, when everybody sees you coming and slows right down. what a drag that would be
that's a good point, maybe this kid wants to be the police but can't so this is the next best thing. There was a guy I used to know who drove a white Crown Vic and put a big antenna on the back of it. We always use to make fun of him because he obviously was trying to look like the po po.

ripdog28 12-25-2008 01:58 AM

had a guy a few years ago that was a security guard. He made sure his uniform looked like the SDPD's. came into court to testify and looked so much like the PD that the deputies believed him to be PD. let him in the court with his side arm and after he testified they noticed something weird and one noticed he was not PD. After his arrest for impersonating an officer they found out he was using his Personal car (looked like PD) was pulling women over trying to get dates.

5150 12-25-2008 08:38 AM

Lots of losers out there :)

Sport/Truck 12-25-2008 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 3045621)
Nah, no reason to delete the pics and I don't think anyone is offended, I know I'm not. Just because I think a person is a jacka$$ doesn't mean they are ... just means that I don't know them and have formed an opinion based on what I know. :sexy:

I was concerned about opinions against me for those pictures & I certainly don't want to offend all of my friends here! :ito:

I don't think that bumper sticker is against police either, but referring to all the tire smoking. :lol:

s/t