The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   The 'Other Woman' (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=369833)

C20-67_N_MO 01-23-2010 12:41 PM

Re: The 'Other Woman'

Man! I want one of those LS motors so bad!

Well maybe my next project will tackle that. :lol:

-T- 01-23-2010 05:36 PM

I have it running, and like my brother (shon) said, need to do a little tuning to it and get it just right. However, it can't be far off, it will leave posi's pretty easily:metal: Like my brother said, i did have to go with a TH 400, I just never could get the 4L80 to do just right. It works fine in his truck, but there was something different with mine. Thats the reason I always like to go to my junk yard and pick out a motor that is still in a vehicle, have them pull everything needed from the same vehicle, then let me come a pick it up. This motor and trans had been out for a while, been picked over, and who knows if everything came out of the same vehicle!! Oh well, the 400 does the job

The truck is for sale for a great price if anyone wants some info on it

Shon 01-28-2010 03:40 PM

Word (via txt) is that the truck is driving alot better now with some tuning!!

-T- 01-28-2010 07:23 PM

Oh yea, the new tune is SPOT on:smoke: And the two into one Magnaflow sounds WICKED! I snuk that one in on ya bro!! Hey, thanks for letting me borrow your truck so i can continue to pay for mine. It really means alot. And, someone needed to really test the pulling capabilities of the new motor/trans combo, and the 'barbie' trailer im pulling is doing just that. Thanks again

-T- 01-28-2010 11:20 PM

Since I can't sell it, we are going to make it better( i hope). Picked up a low mileage T56 tonight from someone local. At a fait price i thought. It came with the bell housing, Clutch, throw out bearing, and slave cylider. I have wanted one of these since i decided to go with the 6.0 but could never afford one. Can't wait to get it installed.

chevy88 02-03-2010 11:16 AM

Glad to see you kept your truck, you did too much work to get rid of it. Good luck with new trans install.

-T- 02-17-2010 11:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, it has finally stopped raining long enough for me to work, which alows me to work on the truck as well. I got the TH400 out on Mon, and today the T56 went in. Luckily, I had some help, the guy that works with me was handing me parts as I sat in the large whole that is now in my floor. The gappin hole did make things easlily accessible, which made the install pretty smooth. Lets just hope that it works right. Im a novice when it comes to manuals!!.......

-T- 02-17-2010 11:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Theres nothing like working in your garage, in the city limits, and your neighbors always looking at you funny as they drive by:crazy:

Anyone close want a great black leather seat for their truck? I now need some buckets:)

68 short step 02-17-2010 11:40 PM

nice progress...id love that seat, any idea on $ to get it to 74011?

chevy71c10 10-05-2010 11:54 PM

Hey -T-, Like the T-56 swap you have going. I'm working on installing a T-56 as well and I'm curious if I should use the rear or the forward shifter location on the trans. I plan on running bucket seats. Have you got it done now? Do you have any finished interior pics you can you provide on the shifter location?