The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   All you SWB guys are killing me............... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=436265)

19seventeeCustom 12-18-2010 03:15 PM

Re: All you SWB guys are killing me...............

I wont ever look at a long bed more than a minute, weather I see one at a car show or just going down the road and happen to spot one. The long bed IMO looks awful compared to a SWB, now to each his own, but I will NEVER own a lwb truck.....EVER!!

But then again I dont use my truck as a workhouse

prostreetC-10 12-18-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50bomb (Post 4357394)
Why not just buy a shortbed and let someone that loves the longbed for what it is build it. Thank you good day

AH......if it was only that easy.

I don't think guys need to get over this. This site has a lot of banter that goes on all the time. I would certainly hate to think that anyone was really getting worked up over this.

Over on the Mustang forum guys go back and forth over the coupes and the fastbacks. Same thing. There's no wrong answer......'course I have a fastback.....hehehe

Chevy350V8 12-18-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 (Post 4357465)
AH......if it was only that easy.

I don't think guys need to get over this. This site has a lot of banter that goes on all the time. I would certainly hate to think that anyone was really getting worked up over this.

Over on the Mustang forum guys go back and forth over the coupes and the fastbacks. Same thing. There's no wrong answer......'course I have a fastback.....hehehe

Reported for having a ford :lol: jk prostreet

prostreetC-10 12-18-2010 03:43 PM

No worries....there are very few fords I would ever own. A 67 fastback just happens to be one of them. If it wasn't for a client of mine passing away and his wife having no interest, I wouldn't even have that.

brad_man_72 12-18-2010 04:02 PM

diesel I'm very sorry you had to see just how good a lowered swb can tow a boat at the nationals. It was also really easy to throw my luggage, cooler, and spare parts.

as the owner of a pretend truck, I feel the need to show the lifted and longbed guys they aren't the only ones that have a truck.
see ya in september! :)

screamin_c10 12-18-2010 04:30 PM

Aww Jeez this lame topic again..... :rolleyes:

special-K 12-18-2010 05:09 PM

Makes you wonder why they've always made long and shortbed trucks,huh?

Gene 12-18-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19seventeeCustom (Post 4357451)
I wont ever look at a long bed more than a minute, weather I see one at a car show or just going down the road and happen to spot one. The long bed IMO looks awful compared to a SWB, now to each his own, but I will NEVER own a lwb truck.....EVER!!

I like them all, SWB, LWB, 4x4 2wd all 67-72's are cool.

Vintage Windmills 12-18-2010 08:22 PM

I like the longbox in these trucks but for an extended cab or crewcab I just perfer the shortbox. You can haul alot in a shortbox if you have the suspension to supprort it.

AirSpeed 12-18-2010 08:43 PM

I feel so sorry for you long bed owners, you are all so absolutely envious that you actually try to tell us short bed owners that short beds suck! :lol:HaHaHaHa! We know it's just a defence mechanism you long bed owners use to make yourselves feel better about your disability!:waah: Dont think we short bed owners dont feel for you! We do! It is impossible for us to actually know how horrible it must be to want what we have, but we try, I just yesterday closed my eyes and tried to imagine the pain that it must be to own a long bed! I imagined that both my rust free short beds, my 69 C10, and my 72 GMC 4X4 were as long and awkward as a freight train, I have to tell you, I got the chills and felt a great deal of despair! I had to end that exercise in a hurry!
Try not to let it get you down! It's not the end of the world to own a long bed (must feel like it though) Hang in there! Your day may come! Good luck and keep telling yourselves how cool those train cars are! Try to pretend you dont need binoculars to see the rear of your truck while standing at the front! You will be okay!;)

prostreetC-10 12-18-2010 09:52 PM

Oh my goodness.....that was a bit too far. IBTL!

(prostreet is now running for the fallout shelter....hoping the 3/4" steel walls will protect him from what's coming).

AirSpeed 12-18-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 (Post 4358155)
Oh my goodness.....that was a bit too far. IBTL!

(prostreet is now running for the fallout shelter....hoping the 3/4" steel walls will protect him from what's coming).

I hope it wasn't me? If so I really am kidding!
Posted via Mobile Device

gixxerpymp 12-18-2010 10:13 PM

SWB is where it's at... Screw a longbed... Thats what a trailer is for. :)

Jacfourteen 12-18-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirSpeed (Post 4358000)
I feel so sorry for you long bed owners, you are all so absolutely envious that you actually try to tell us short bed owners that short beds suck! :lol:HaHaHaHa! We know it's just a defence mechanism you long bed owners use to make yourselves feel better about your disability!:waah: Dont think we short bed owners dont feel for you! We do! It is impossible for us to actually know how horrible it must be to want what we have, but we try, I just yesterday closed my eyes and tried to imagine the pain that it must be to own a long bed! I imagined that both my rust free short beds, my 69 C10, and my 72 GMC 4X4 were as long and awkward as a freight train, I have to tell you, I got the chills and felt a great deal of despair! I had to end that exercise in a hurry!
Try not to let it get you down! It's not the end of the world to own a long bed (must feel like it though) Hang in there! Your day may come! Good luck and keep telling yourselves how cool those train cars are! Try to pretend you dont need binoculars to see the rear of your truck while standing at the front! You will be okay!;)

Now I understand why I like my LWB....its really denial, I never knew it till you explained it like that :lol:.

J/K, that is too funny!

Sillyoldman 12-18-2010 10:39 PM

Both of mine are long beds. Unless they are parked nobody will know the difference since all they will see is my tailgate. Zoom zoom! LOL

AirSpeed 12-18-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacfourteen (Post 4358207)
Now I understand why I like my LWB....its really denial, I never knew it till you explained it like that :lol:.

J/K, that is too funny!

I am so glad I could help you out! I feel your pain! (not really, I'm just saying that so you don't feel alone) I feel compelled to add one more thing, feel content in the knowledge that you aren't the owner of one of the biggest mistakes in GM history, the long stepside! Oh the humanity! Can you imagine the terror it would be to wake up, walk outside and realize the long stepside in your driveway wasn't the horrible nightmare you thought you had that night! Those poor guys spend a lifetime trying to recover from that horrendous error! Good luck and hang in there!
Posted via Mobile Device

basemodel67 12-18-2010 11:24 PM

Dieselwrencher... what kind of bus is it? :smoke:

If it's a C-50 style - see below

Dieselwrencher 12-19-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19seventeeCustom (Post 4357451)

Well it sucks to be you because there are some dang nice long bed trucks out there. And I own a very long long box, so get over it. :lol:

It seems a lot of people are haters. I just want one of each because I like them all, and surely can't afford 3 or 6 of this body style right now.

Dieselwrencher 12-19-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basemodel67 (Post 4358315)
Dieselwrencher... what kind of bus is it? :smoke:

If it's a C-50 style - see below

It is actually a 95 F800 bus. But if I see any C50 buses around I'll look for some gauges for you.

special-K 12-19-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 4358793)
...It seems a lot of people are haters. I just want one of each because I like them all...

Really...makes me wonder. It's like someone who only eats McDonalds Big Macs or only likes blondes with shoulder length wavy hair, 36-24-32, 5'9", size 8 1/2 shoe, blue eyes, light pink lipstick...:lol: I'm just sayin'...:cool:

71sierragrande 12-19-2010 09:46 AM

Very true. I just want a blue eyed blonde that can carry 16-foot lumber to the house is all!

prostreetC-10 12-19-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 4358900)
blondes with shoulder length wavy hair, 36-24-32, 5'9", size 8 1/2 shoe, blue eyes, light pink lipstick

yummy.......

Chevy350V8 12-19-2010 11:25 AM

Long bed trucks are "Real Trucks, Used to haul and work" Short bed are for "Play Toy EX Camaro, Chevelle..." Thats what I see when I look into a Longbed and Shortbed. Not saying ones better cause they both have there ups and downs.

haysonj 12-19-2010 11:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy350V8 (Post 4359019)
Long bed trucks are "Real Trucks, Used to haul and work" Short bed are for "Play Toy EX Camaro, Chevelle..." Thats what I see when I look into a Longbed and Shortbed. Not saying ones better cause they both have there ups and downs.

This one hauls all my camping gear plus tows the boat. By the way it has a 14 bolt one ton rear under it so it would haul 1 to 1 1/2 ton if I wanted to put it back there.

Chevy350V8 12-19-2010 12:58 PM

^ Im not saying shortbeds cant haul, im saying long beds NORMALY haul. You never see a long bed drag car or what ever, but you see alot of short beds. BTW you do have a pretty truck. I like how it matches your boat.