The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Truck Audio (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Do you even listen to the radio in your truck? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=443377)

Shyguy 01-29-2011 09:38 AM

Re: Do you even listen to the radio in your truck?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsa75 (Post 4445563)
You guys need to get a life. :truck:

Half the fun of cruisin' in your truck is listening to tunes. :five:

Even though I do not turn a radio on in my truck I still hear music, lol.

Driving these old trucks bring back so many memories of California Cruisin' listening to the tunes of the 60's and of course the voice of the "Wolfman".

Shows you how old I am, lol. I know a lot you never heard the voice of the "Wolfman" around the midnight hour.

Oh, the memories.

LilD 01-29-2011 09:43 AM

My truck has a factory plate over the radio hole:lol:

lakeroadster 01-29-2011 10:10 AM

A stock am radio with the stock dash mount speaker adds a lot of character to any old vehicle IMO.

I put a "NOS" Radio Shack FM converter in my '69 Camaro....

Although perhaps you had to grow up in that "era" to truly appreciate what I am trying to say here.....

1970 Bowtie 01-29-2011 10:27 AM

I drive a semi for a living,10 hours a day,5days a week.So I listen to the radio at work 50 hours aweek.When I drive my truck on weekends the sb running through the flow master exhaust is sweet music to my ears,dont need the radio.:chevy:

68gmsee 01-29-2011 11:22 AM

These trucks were made for work so any speed above 30 mph I lose my AM radio and I just turn it off. They weren't too concerned about road noise on these trucks.

BIGBLU 72 01-29-2011 11:24 AM

radio is a must!! top off, stereo pumpin out that country radio/rock!!

pat 70/71 01-29-2011 11:58 AM

My wife and I drove our truck to Bobs BigBoy in burbank last night. (cruise night) even got a parking spot! On the way home she said why don't we just listen to the motor? I said its a deal! 45 minutes of V8 rumble it was great! YESI GOT A GOOD ONE! cheers,Pat

Spoof 01-29-2011 12:16 PM

The main reason I moved my gas tank was to make room for speakers...hellz yes I listen to music.
I respect the point that you make and salute your choice of tunes.

steelscout 01-29-2011 12:23 PM

In my daily, yes music, but my truck doesnt have speakers lol so no. I dont even know if the original radio works yet, low on my list of things to do :smoke:

yote1234 01-29-2011 12:27 PM

YES!!! oldies !!!!

1970 Bowtie 01-29-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat 70/71 (Post 4446943)
My wife and I drove our truck to Bobs BigBoy in burbank last night. (cruise night) even got a parking spot! On the way home she said why don't we just listen to the motor? I said its a deal! 45 minutes of V8 rumble it was great! YESI GOT A GOOD ONE! cheers,Pat

Yes Pat, you have a good one.My wife says the same thing <turn the radio off so I can here the motor>Gotta love em.

Dano69c10 01-29-2011 12:52 PM

In my '70 the PO had an aftermarket radio cassette. I used to listen to all of my :metal:Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Van Halen, Krokus, and Black Sabbath :metal:cassettes. When the cassette player stopped working the whole unit came out and I never replaced it. That's when I started to listen to the flowmaster symphonies and never even thought of replacing my radio.

screamin_c10 01-29-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chevy1series (Post 4446546)
heck ya! what do you listen to ? mega death ? slayer? metallica?

:metal: YES...YES...YES! :metal:

1970 Bowtie 01-29-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano69c10 (Post 4447032)
In my '70 the PO had an aftermarket radio cassette. I used to listen to all of my :metal:Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, and Black Sabbath :metal:cassettes. When the cassette player stopped working the whole unit came out and I never replaced it. That's when I started to listen to the flowmaster symphonies and never even thought of replacing my radio.

Dano,got a spare liter mines dead.:metal:

Steve Hafner 01-29-2011 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When you pay $585 for a "new" radio - you listen to it !!!

CG 01-29-2011 04:04 PM

I saw this thread was moved and wondered where the heck it would have been moved to. I dont recall ever seeing a truck audio section, maybe I had just forgotten? Anyway I like it because Ive been considering actually putting a radio in my truck that works =)

Why I hadnt worried about it before was because my truck made me nervous driving it and I wanted to hear all the little noises it was making just in case something was ready to flip out on me. Been running pretty good lately so maybe its time to put some tunes in that work.

doctrouble 01-30-2011 04:37 AM

Being young and stereo deprived in all my parents' vehicles, its very high in the list of things to do after i get it on the road... :D I might even do it before i get her on the road, to be able to sit in and just listen to the stereo while "polishing" the interior :D

79gmcc15 01-31-2011 07:54 AM

I need my tunes. My radio took a poo on me so I have been using my cell phone and Pandora to listen to my tunes. :lol: good for about an hour and half of listening because my cig lighter doesn't work. :lol: But I need my tunes! Especially on long drives, It keeps me awake. Though I do admit, I do like the tunes of my car and its flow 40 out the back, and even my crappy clasped glass pack muffler on my truck. It sounds awesome when I step on it! :metal: I can't wait till I can get a new muffler for the truck! But yes, I love my tunes. I especially love my HD radio in my car. I want one for my truck.

longhorn396 01-31-2011 09:10 AM

Nope radio sucks and i own 250+ cds lol

panhandler62 01-31-2011 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since my truck doesn't get driven much right now... it's radio is in my Toyota so I listen to it all the time (but not in the truck!) lol

AceX 01-31-2011 11:02 PM

Wait? You can listen to the engine? I can't even begin to hear that thing over my stereo :D

lilpoindexter 02-01-2011 01:34 AM

I put a USB capable deck in my '78...So I can listen to all the hits from 1978 when i drive around

81ShrtBox 02-01-2011 01:45 AM

I listen to mine on long rides, don't even turn it on running local

I pump all 70-80's music when I'm in the Shortbed
Posted via Mobile Device

mongoose 02-01-2011 01:45 AM

absolutely... loud too.. comes pretty close to drowning out the exhaust... and that set off car alarms...

loud music is good music.

swamp rat 02-01-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongoose (Post 4453870)
absolutely... loud too.. comes pretty close to drowning out the exhaust... and that set off car alarms...

loud music is good music.

Ya know when i was younger i used to think loud music was good music, I used to sit for hours at a time with it cranked up at home and in the car or truck as the case may be.. Today, being 50 i have perminant tenitis (ringing) in my ears and quite a bit of high end hearing loss that gets worse every year even tho i now wear hearing protection both at work and even if i go to a concert. Trust me its not very fun. As much as i love music and still listen to it it would be a hell of a lot better if i could hear ALL of the music and not just 80% of it..

Sad but true.