The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Truck and car shop ARGH!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=459995)

bobs409 04-19-2011 08:42 PM

Re: Truck and car shop ARGH!!!

Check was dated and mailed on 3/31. Bank statement shows that particular check was never cashed. ??

mikie 1954 04-19-2011 10:09 PM

Sorry your have such a hard time with them. I have made several orders thew them and have had a very good experience.Have been put on hold once and did not like it [told them so too]but I am not known for a lot of patients when it comes to thing like that. Even had a part damaged in shipping, called them and they shipped another one without me returning the first one.

chevy_man5 04-21-2011 08:43 AM

I got all of the parts ordered, and they were all good, so my experience with the has been all positive. Sorry you are having a hard time with them bobs409. Good luck with whoever you choose in the future!

vanceman 04-22-2011 10:06 AM

I am still trying to get a refund on a back ordered part I ordered on 3/10/11. Every time I call I get the same thing. They ask you for your name and number then say they will have to call you back, and ask your name and number again. They don't call you back. I have been hassling over a $19 part for about a month now. That will be my last order with them.

bobs409 04-22-2011 12:33 PM

I know I won't be dealing with them EVER again. I bit the bullet and spent the $40 bucks to put a stop payment on the check.

I don't know where it is but if they find it and try to cash it, maybe they'll call me back then. :lol:

You just won't believe this! I just got a call from them as I was typing this!

I can't say all of what I told them on this site (hee hee) but I told her about the lousy service, getting put on hold, never having calls returned and that I wouldn't spending another penny with them and hung up.

I just wish they would have called yesterday, could have saved me the forty but oh well, it's a lesson I learned.

P.S. ClassicParts is getting a large order later today. They KNOW how to treat their customers! :lol:

454stepside 04-22-2011 05:15 PM

i placed an order with classic yesterday got tracking numbers twenty minutes later and today the tracking number says it will all be here monday gotta love fast service and very good service and p/s i dont and never will have a credit card and only use my debit card for atm withdrawls or parts i need right away

likaroc13 04-24-2011 01:51 AM

hmmm...i've never used them, so this is making me re-think my plans of ordering from them...i have ordered from ClassicParts, & they are great to deal with...sorry to hear about your hassle, & thanks for letting us know about your experience

Graham57a 04-30-2011 08:58 PM

I have ordered tons of parts through the truck shop with no issues so far, sorry to hear about your problem.

vanceman 04-30-2011 10:10 PM

Here it is 8 days later and still no refund. I have been told on the phone that the refund has been sent to my card and to give it a couple of days. Well 8 days later and still no refund. I would advise everyone to stay away from these jokers.

67/72junkie 05-23-2011 07:49 AM

I have never ordered from them but I have buy quite a bit of stuff from them at the autofair every year.I have been very happy with the parts and prices for the stuff I have purchased off their truck.

67_C-30 06-25-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graham57a (Post 4655014)
i have ordered tons of parts through the truck shop with no issues so far, sorry to hear about your problem.

x2

vectorit 06-26-2011 10:39 AM

I would call back, and ask for the owner.
That shop is old school technology, and the floor staff are always busy helping customers.

That being said. I have done a huge amount of business with them, and have never had a problem with any of my transactions.

fastwillie 696969 06-27-2011 02:57 PM

i got the paris hilton gold card ,everybody gets a swipe

JohnO1 07-10-2011 01:04 AM

It's not much better dealing with them in person. I live about 15 miles from Truck Shop so I went there for some parts for my truck, I will try not to go into to much detail. I have a 70 short bed step side & I bought 10 items for it totaling $400. Went back to my truck & noticed they gave me a shift lever boot instead of a clutch rod boot, went back in exchanged it no problem. Got home started to change my worn out trac bar bushings, they were the wrong ones went back exchanged them no problem although they told me I must have some kind of weird trac bar. Got back home changed bushings. Next I went to install my sway bar that I bought, no instructions looked up the install guide on mfgrs. web site & things didn't look right. They sold me one for an older model with leaf springs. By now they were closed, this is Saturday & they are closed til Tuesday. My new floor mats fit Ok but nit much of a Saturday project like had planned. The only thing I had left was my tail gate lettering kit, but it's for a FLEETSIDE!!!! I did learn something, to check everything very carefully and not assume they know what there doing because they don't !
Posted via Mobile Device