The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   my rhd ls1 build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=468712)

Flint70step 06-12-2011 10:20 AM

Re: my rhd ls1 build

Too F-ing Cool!!!Very interesting ride you got there.I have spent a lot of time in the UK and have considered moving to Scotland.I was wondering how cool it would be to have a RHD truck.Now I know,thanks for sharing.You will defo get second and third looks from ppl:chevy:

eightbanger 06-12-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint70step (Post 4731066)
Too F-ing Cool!!!Very interesting ride you got there.I have spent a lot of time in the UK and have considered moving to Scotland.I was wondering how cool it would be to have a RHD truck.Now I know,thanks for sharing.You will defo get second and third looks from ppl:chevy:

Your not moving to rainy, cold Scotland your moving down south to Essex where I am...I need a Truck buddy.:lol:

Palf70Step 06-12-2011 05:27 PM

This will be a really neat project to watch!

Flint70step 06-12-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightbanger (Post 4731559)
Your not moving to rainy, cold Scotland your moving down south to Essex where I am...I need a Truck buddy.:lol:

No problem Eightbanger,I'll be your buddy.I work for a big staging company based in London.They send me all over the world to build concert stages and special projects.I have some very good friends in Scotland and some in England as well.Next time I go over the pond I'll let you know so we can meet up and have a pint or three.I'll have a Stella please...or maybe a St. Rongbow;)I would love to bring my truck over there,I bet it would just love the higher octane petrol.Is'nt 95 the lowest octane rating you can get at the station?PM me some time and we'll have a good chat.Slonge:chevy:

eightbanger 06-13-2011 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint70step (Post 4732069)
Is'nt 95 the lowest octane rating you can get at the station?PM me some time and we'll have a good chat.Slonge:chevy:

Yeah 95 is the lowest, I've heard that you can get as high as 102 octane from selected BP stations, though I know not where:lol:
Sounds cool on the visit though....can't beat beer & Truck talk.

newagecustom 06-13-2011 10:57 AM

Hey rhd, i live in phx and would like to see your truck in person sometime.

Lippyp 06-13-2011 11:14 AM

If you ever want to sell your truck then I reckon you'd get a great price for it here in the UK or down under where we all drive on the correct side of the road!

Eightbanger, I'd come down to Essex but the fuel bill would cripple me, besides, Im not sure I've got the legs for white stilletos!

We measure octane differently than you guys do in the USA. We use RON (Research Octane Number) and I think you use PON (Pump Octane Number) which are two different ways of measuring octane, PON is an average of RON and yet another system MON (Motor Octane Number)

All explained here

http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/R...RONMONPON.html

95 RON works out to be approximately 91 PON or the measure you'll see on a US gas pump.

67cheby 06-13-2011 11:25 AM

WOW...this is too cool

rhd_c10 06-13-2011 05:24 PM

Yea as soon as I get it running ill take it out.. u can come check it out... u can give me some direction on how to lay pinch welds
Posted via Mobile Device

C20-67_N_MO 06-13-2011 05:34 PM

Very cool.

Looking forward to more progress!!

eightbanger 06-13-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lippyp (Post 4732808)
If you ever want to sell your truck then I reckon you'd get a great price for it here in the UK or down under where we all drive on the correct side of the road!

Eightbanger, I'd come down to Essex but the fuel bill would cripple me, besides, Im not sure I've got the legs for white stilletos!

We measure octane differently than you guys do in the USA. We use RON (Research Octane Number) and I think you use PON (Pump Octane Number) which are two different ways of measuring octane, PON is an average of RON and yet another system MON (Motor Octane Number)

All explained here

http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/R...RONMONPON.html

95 RON works out to be approximately 91 PON or the measure you'll see on a US gas pump.

I know....your up there, I'm down here, and never the twain shall meet:lol:
when I win the lottery I'll drive up;) your showing your age now mate Essex girls don't wear white stilletos anymore they're just caked in fake tan:lol:

Thanks for that link Phil...very interesting, although I won't pretend it's all sunk in.

Roadmarks 06-13-2011 06:40 PM

@eightbanger, "In wine there is wisdom, In beer there is freedom, In water there is bacteria..." Very classy in a W. C. Fields kind of way! If you don't mind me saying, you should kick Jeremy Clarkson off of Top Gear. I think you'd do a far better job, but that isn't much of a compliment is it? Imagine the job he'd do on our trucks!

Very best wishes,

Les

eightbanger 06-13-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadmarks (Post 4733468)
@eightbanger, "In wine there is wisdom, In beer there is freedom, In water there is bacteria..." Very classy in a W. C. Fields kind of way! If you don't mind me saying, you should kick Jeremy Clarkson off of Top Gear. I think you'd do a far better job, but that isn't much of a compliment is it? Imagine the job he'd do on our trucks!

Very best wishes,
Les

I can just imagine W.C Fields saying that, it would sound good coming from him...

You'll get no argument from me on that score Les, I have grown tired of his constant bashing of American cars & Americans, quite frankly it's embarrassing too, as I know so many Americans enjoy the show, he's a car snob on the whole he can't see anything beyond an Italian super car, He wouldn't understand our Trucks at all, mores the pity.

Lippyp 06-14-2011 02:49 AM

That said he has owned a Ford GT, Hammond is more of an american car fan as he's owned a few, I think he had a lime green charger or challenger at one point.

I'm sorry I couldn't bring myself to watch "the only way is Essex"

broey 06-14-2011 11:48 PM

so, back to the rhd truck....

rhd_c10 06-14-2011 11:54 PM

Just got it put back together after I stripped it to clean and paint it up...got my ls brackets bolted up today still waiting for my v8 mounting brackets and tranny crossmember
Posted via Mobile Device

rhd_c10 06-15-2011 12:19 AM

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...omb/IMG067.jpg
All fresh and ready to drop right it.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...10610-1932.jpg
This one is for Broey. The 64 donk is back on the road.

broey 06-15-2011 12:44 AM

motor looks sick, maybe I should slap an ls into my whip

broey 06-15-2011 01:10 AM

abe since you have rhd and your truck will lay pinch, you gotta start working on this..

Jacfourteen 06-15-2011 01:31 AM

subscribed!

tantrumpipeline 06-15-2011 01:38 AM

this is super cool!!!

rhd_c10 06-15-2011 10:12 AM

When I finish mine... will do urs
in one weekend..
Posted via Mobile Device

rhd_c10 06-19-2011 04:31 PM

Happy father's day to my dad and all the dads out there...
Posted via Mobile Device

rhd_c10 06-19-2011 04:34 PM

I'm looking for a fuel cell for my truck and I wanted to hear ur input... I will need to run a electric fuel pump and a return line... price is a factor ..
Posted via Mobile Device

bigkountry 06-19-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhd_c10 (Post 4744111)
Happy father's day to my dad and all the dads out there...
Posted via Mobile Device

Same to you!

I wonder if my mail lady would drive anything like that? Maybe my packages would be on time for a change...lol

Really diggin the RHD, saw one in Truckin' a while back and thought it was neat.