The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CUSTOM CAMPERS lets see them! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=476940)

eagleuh1 07-30-2011 08:14 AM

Re: CUSTOM CAMPERS lets see them!

Nice camper SpecialK. Like the 8 lug slots.

bollybib 07-30-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagleuh1 (Post 4818622)
Nice camper SpecialK. Like the 8 lug slots.

Ditto. It's a real beauty, Tim.

yob2kanobe 07-30-2011 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my '72 Custom Camper C20

cadillacart 07-30-2011 12:38 PM

Gramp's Camper

http://northbayautorepair.com/images...uly2011177.JPG

67chevy1series 07-30-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 4818605)
Northern NM:

very cool!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillacart (Post 4818942)

YEAH!!awesome! i like the stance and thats cool it is a cheyenne custom camper thats beast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yob2kanobe (Post 4818804)
Heres my '72 Custom Camper C20

i like it!
keep it up guys!

factorystock 07-30-2011 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about a red one!

Constructor1 07-30-2011 08:11 PM

Talk about finding the "pot o' gold" at the end of the rainbow!! Nice shot

factorystock 07-30-2011 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Medium Gold metallic and white Longhorn

Mayo 07-30-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillacart (Post 4818942)

I love the patina and the stance:metal:

Mayo 07-30-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chevy1series (Post 4818410)
haha cool! have you ever checked to see it the previous owner bondo'd the holes? if so you could pop out the holes and find some of those emblems and put them back on. what are your plans for it? gonna remove the hood oranament? are you keeping the 71 72 bumper? and did your truck have lower side molding?

Its just got rivets in the fender holes, but I don't know if I will ever get any emblems for it or not. I am leaving the hood ornament on there, I like the thing and lots of my friends ask me if I made it because they know I am artistic. I am not sure if it had side molding on it , I just know that it was silver and off white originally. I have the original bumper, but its got a big push pad on the front. I will probably end up getting a chrome 67-70 bumper for it though, I like them better. I have had the truck for 4 years now and I am going to have to get working on it soon, but it is my daily driver so I have to get something else to drive first. I would just leave it as is because I don't have to worry about the paint getting chipped or anything, but the rockers are gone, it is rutting at the driprail on the right side, the fenders are rusting out, and the wood bed is almost completely gone. I just hope when I get it redone I don't end up making it too nice to the point where I am afraid to use it.

prairewolf 07-31-2011 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by factorystock (Post 4819462)
How about a red one!

there is something right as rain when the steelies are body color, imo.. that is cool. .. I owned this one for a little while.;)

67chevy1series 07-31-2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayo (Post 4819678)
Its just got rivets in the fender holes, but I don't know if I will ever get any emblems for it or not. I am leaving the hood ornament on there, I like the thing and lots of my friends ask me if I made it because they know I am artistic. I am not sure if it had side molding on it , I just know that it was silver and off white originally. I have the original bumper, but its got a big push pad on the front. I will probably end up getting a chrome 67-70 bumper for it though, I like them better. I have had the truck for 4 years now and I am going to have to get working on it soon, but it is my daily driver so I have to get something else to drive first. I would just leave it as is because I don't have to worry about the paint getting chipped or anything, but the rockers are gone, it is rutting at the driprail on the right side, the fenders are rusting out, and the wood bed is almost completely gone. I just hope when I get it redone I don't end up making it too nice to the point where I am afraid to use it.

well when you make it and you mess up JUST LEAVE IT there will be flaws that wont make it really nice. and you can still let it get a little messed up

67chevy1series 07-31-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by factorystock (Post 4819462)
How about a red one!

o factorystock me and you could be good friends! >=] lovce it!
Quote:

Originally Posted by factorystock (Post 4819623)
Medium Gold metallic and white Longhorn

very cool i love longhorns but if i had one it would have to have a tool box.
Quote:

Originally Posted by prairewolf (Post 4819872)
there is something right as rain when the steelies are body color, imo.. that is cool. .. I owned this one for a little while.;)

its so sad! i hate that you sold it and then sold the buckets... very cool truck every pic you took of it that i could find i saved .

short-t 07-31-2011 07:45 PM

I couldn't wait for northerngmc to post pictures so I will.

68 C20 Custom Camper 50th, survivor!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...r/P1020107.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...r/P1020436.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s.../spidlabel.jpg

I sure miss her!

Edmond 08-01-2011 03:35 AM

Forgive me for asking, but when does it make it a 'Custom Camper'?
I always thought that my truck was a Custom Camper because it has the camper wiring option listed on the glovebox door, but the fender badges only say 'Custom/20'.
Is there more to it?

Cya,
Edmond

prairewolf 08-01-2011 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chevy1series (Post 4820037)
o factorystock me and you could be good friends! >=] lovce it!

very cool i love longhorns but if i had one it would have to have a tool box.

its so sad! i hate that you sold it and then sold the buckets... very cool truck every pic you took of it that i could find i saved .

at one time I had the whole truck for sale on here for about 800$ complete with no takers. ..... but the truck went to a good member in MN and the buckets went to a good member in TN. .... if that truck had to wait for my restoration, there would have been a big oak tree growing up through the wood bed;)... now I have room/time to look for more. .... life is good,kent

67chevy1series 08-01-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmond (Post 4821698)
I always thought that my truck was a Custom Camper because it has the camper wiring option listed on the glovebox door, but the fender badges only say 'Custom/20'.
Is there more to it?

Cya,
Edmond

custom camper was another trim level and a option so if your truck came with optionssuch as custom camper nameplate front stablizier bar auxiallary springs HD shock absorbers and choices of tries size ranging from 7.00-15 to 10-16.5 and the tire choices depend on what series truck you have example 10, 20, 30.

Beuford 08-01-2011 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last summer on our trip out west pulling our Toy-Hauler.

67chevy1series 08-01-2011 06:31 AM

nice! i like the bumper guards!

special-K 08-01-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmond (Post 4821698)
Is there more to it?

Cya,
Edmond

While camper mirrors and wiring were options,they were individual options. The Custom Camper option was not a trim package at all and could be ordered with any trim level. It was a package of some HD upgrades and required other HD upgrades,like tires and optional engines. The Custom Camper nameplate was the option,Z81,and required other HD options,like suspension,radiator,stabilizer,optional tires and engine. Look at my first post in this thread and you`ll see each of the five Custom Campers is listed as which trim level it was. Two had Custom Camper fender badges and three had the door script. Sliding window wasn't even included.

factorystock 08-01-2011 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As stated, the custom camper package was basically a heavy duty suspension package. All other options were extra. So, GM really wanted you to build up a custom camper from there. One of the strangest thing GM did was never including large camper mirrors standard. Also, option lists grew over the era, I believe this ad is from '72.

67chevy1series 08-02-2011 03:04 AM

very cool ad factorystock and thanks for the description special k

Edmond 08-02-2011 05:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Always wondered how it was since mine only said 'Custom/20' with 'Deluxe' underneeth it.
This is my SPID.

Cya,
Edmond

67chevy1series 08-02-2011 06:16 AM

nice list of options you got there!

special-K 08-02-2011 06:22 AM

Yeah,in reality,any pickup could haul a camper. And,you could have a truck that wasn't a Custom Camper and have more camper truck options than one that was a Custom Camper. Everything but the nameplate is available on any truck. All Custom Campers were 20s and 30s,but in '69 it was offered on 10s. I had one and I wish I still did (kick kick). It was a K/10 CST:Maroon Poly,Red interior,bucket seats,tach,pinstripe,wood floor,aux. tank(rear factory),8.25-16.5 wheels,manual throttle,aux. battery...
Your truck is a Custom Deluxe,like my Blue & White '72 K/20 was.