The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Teeitup's build I guess!!!!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=493620)

Vintage Windmills 01-05-2012 11:42 PM

Re: Teeitup's build I guess!!!!!!

Randy, are you rebuilding the engine or is it good? So now every vehicle there will be white:) oh wait, your hd might be a different color, pewter right? Take that in at the same time and get that corrected;)

teeitup 01-05-2012 11:58 PM

Jud, your right my HD is pewter, my duramax I had before was white;)
Engine runs good, no smoke or anything, Just pulling motor so I can clean it up and paint it while the blazer is at the bodymans place. Thats when I decided to go white with blazer, I wanted a white one and finding one of those would be very hard so this way I'll have one.

Ackattack 01-06-2012 12:25 AM

Who did you end up taking it to for the body work? I need a little repair work done on my 68. The shop I took my G8 to for hail damage was horrible IMO.

teeitup 01-06-2012 12:31 AM

I'm taking it to guy in Shawnee Ks, he does it out of his house. I've seen 3 of the cars/trucks he has done, all turned out nice. I can give you his phone number, he just finished a 72 4x4, and is doing a 70 chevelle now

Ackattack 01-06-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeitup (Post 5104739)
I'm taking it to guy in Shawnee Ks, he does it out of his house. I've seen 3 of the cars/trucks he has done, all turned out nice. I can give you his phone number, he just finished a 72 4x4, and is doing a 70 chevelle now

Cool, yeah I might get his number when I'm finally ready to get the truck fixed (gonna keep ahold of the money incase my house sits vacant while we try to sell it.....got to be "responsible" :( )

teeitup 01-12-2012 11:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Getting closer to the bodyshop, wow I'm fearing when I have to put it all back together, I'm so used to tearing apart these things I'm not sure if I can do it, I'm sure I'll have alot of questions, Bodyman thought he would be ready for it the 20th. Had to take it to my work in the heat to get it all tore apart, way to cold to part it out outside right now

teeitup 01-12-2012 11:53 PM

There is a 71 blazer on ebay, its kind of what mine will look like only I'm having a black top (whenever its on) and mine is a 72 4 speed with no AC
ebay number 220928120354

chipflyer 01-12-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

I'm having a black top (whenever its on)
Bet you would have it on if you were cruising around out there tonight! BRRRRR!

Jeff

jaros44sr 01-12-2012 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=teeitup;5119748]Getting closer to the bodyshop, wow I'm fearing when I have to put it all back together, I'm so used to tearing apart these things I'm not sure if I can do it, I'm sure I'll have alot of questions,

Its not really that hard, just click the lever on the racket wrench to the other direction....

Were here for all the questions ya got, youve helped me out enuff

teeitup 01-13-2012 12:22 AM

Jeff, your right WAY COLD out there!!!!!

Jim, I appreciate it, also I still have to get your piece off and out to you, I haven't forgot it

Thanks Randy

jaros44sr 01-13-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeitup (Post 5119842)
Jeff, your right WAY COLD out there!!!!!

Jim, I appreciate it, also I still have to get your piece off and out to you, I haven't forgot it

Thanks Randy

Not that much of a hurry for you to freeze your butt off. Weird, but its like 50-60 degrees right now...

teeitup 03-02-2012 09:46 PM

dropped it off at bodymans place this evening, so it begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smoke:

Dieselwrencher 03-02-2012 10:26 PM

Nice to hear Randy. Did he give you a completion date?

teeitup 03-02-2012 11:59 PM

Not sure Ryan, the last chevelle project he finished took 2 1/2 months. It will take me alot longer than that to get it back together once he's done;) Summer time is a hard time for me to get much done except golf course stuff and kids

rsavage 03-03-2012 12:16 AM

Congrats Randy - it's gets exciting now! Progress photos of body/paint when you stop to check on it would be good.

29od1 03-03-2012 08:31 AM

Good to hear Randy! You may have to part two less trucks this year so you can get this back together ;)

chipflyer 03-03-2012 11:06 AM

Great news, It's going to be nice I'm sure.

FRENCHBLUE72 03-03-2012 04:42 PM

Good to see you got a project randy and here I thought you only knew how to take parts off these old trucks... Do you happen to still have the oregon plates front and rear or do you have to turn them in? Been looking for a set for my blazer..

4xshort 03-03-2012 09:36 PM

Its gonna look nice White is a great choice I cant wait to see it. Have fun!

Dieselwrencher 03-04-2012 12:52 PM

Putting them back together after paint is definitely the worst part. Where'd this go, where'd that go, where'd I put that? :lol:

71blksuper4x4 03-04-2012 07:47 PM

Congrats Randy, she will be awful purty when done. I finally drug home a K5 yesterday. Not the one I have been chasing for years, but still really solid for around here. Trevor

teeitup 03-04-2012 08:11 PM

Rick, I will try to remember to take my camera, he is 1 hour from me, and wants me to try to get down there every couple weeks

David, slow down on parting, NO way:lol:,

Jeff, with your help it will turn out nice:lol:

Luke, I have them but I'm keeping them for wall art, sorry

Josh, THANKS

Ryan, you ought to see the blacksmith shop, its a mess I have the blazer parts lying everywhere. I was looking for 72 window and door regs I took out and couldn't find them anywhere. Then I remembered I sold a set, wow thats not a good deal:uhmk:

Trevor, I think I'm going to higher you, Jeff and Rob to come over and put it back together for me;). Congrats on the new blazer, send me some pics!!!

Thanks to all of you, Randy

teeitup 03-27-2012 10:37 PM

headed to bodymans place next week, I'll get some pics, not sure how its going with it, I know he keeps wanting money:waah::ito:;)

Vintage Windmills 03-27-2012 11:25 PM

Randy, looking forward to some new pics!

teeitup 04-29-2012 10:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
well went there Mon afternoon, forgot camera, oops. He found a little more rust that we didn't know was there. He has all the other rust fixed but not smoothed out yet. Here are some pics of some of the black stuff he painted for me and some of the new parts I did some trading for and the seats I got redone