The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=505869)

Mr Chevorlet 01-28-2012 10:24 AM

Re: How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

no explanation on mine either, and its spelled wrong because when i spelled it right it would not let me have it as a screen name. who knows!

712wdblazer 01-28-2012 10:41 AM

Re: How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

:chevy:Mine is my 71 2wd blazer.

67Slider 01-28-2012 10:46 AM

Mine is derived from my 67 with a slider back window. Which I will probably be changing back to a solid in a few months. LOL

pat 70/71 01-28-2012 10:56 AM

Pat 70/71 Because I own a 70 stepper and a 71 fleet both short beds. Cheers, Pat

50bomb 01-28-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 5150858)
My vehicles have always been, for the most part, stock... *yawn*

Ima have to say your is the best name. Why I say cause Stock is always the coolest. That is why we are attracted to these trucks in the first place. Some just like to add "Their" own touches. BUt I love them "STOCK". GREAT NAME BUDDY!

prostreetC-10 01-28-2012 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm hoping it's somewhat obvious! :metal:

pickupman 01-28-2012 11:24 AM

Just a nickname that sort of grew on me from fooling with these trucks for the last 30 years

special-K 01-28-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickupman (Post 5151023)
Just a nickname that sort of grew on me from fooling with these trucks for the last 30 years

Huh,I always thought the gals gave you that name before you got married!

Pete357 01-28-2012 11:29 AM

Mine is what i drive for a work truck, anything i tried related to my gmc was not available so i went with the peterbilt 357.

grwnded71 01-28-2012 11:37 AM

grwnded was from my younger minitruckin' days and well 71 was for my Cheyenne Super which I no longer have...just a 70 SWB now! so the board name doesnt really fit anymore lol!

shawno72 01-28-2012 11:40 AM

When I joined the forum I had a 72, now I have a 68. ;)

tattoed71 01-28-2012 11:45 AM

well i have a 71 swb and i am covered in tattoos

sanford66 01-28-2012 11:47 AM

Interesting thread topic. Sanford=nickname of my cousins old truck that i bought from him years ago. 66=year of said truck. When i was a kid my cousin had a 66 lwb turq/white custom cab that he drove every day to and from work in Kansas City. I remember as a kid he would give me and my younger brother rides in it on the gravel road at my dads farm. The truck had manual steering and he would get it going about 60-65 mph and start whipping the steering wheel left and right. The truck would start fishtailing violently from one side of the road to the other, almost going in the ditch on each side. Looking back on it now it seems pretty dangerous, but to a couple of young kids it was a blast! Anyway he pulled the motor out of the truck and it sat behind his house for many years until i bought it a few years ago. I still have Sanford sitting in the pasture at my dads farm, hopefully one day i can get around to doing something with it. Joseph

yuccales 01-28-2012 11:56 AM

Nothing to do with my truck. I love the desert & all that grows there, hence Yucca. First name Les. Yeah, I know............................barf! :lol:

doubleb's69 01-28-2012 12:10 PM

Doubleb's69 stands for my name and my sons name ( Bud and Buck ) and the 69 is because thats what I had when I joined the site.

69 gmc 01-28-2012 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think that I have one of those obvious ones as well.

67c10rustbuket 01-28-2012 12:16 PM

pretty self explanatory, it was rather rusty when I started and still is. I spelled "buket" wrong on purpose after I tried a few other names that were not available. I actually named the truck "Georgia" because thats the state I bought it from, couldn't think of anything better at the time and rust bucket was an unloving name for her.

allchevy58 01-28-2012 12:30 PM

Always been a Chevy guy, majority of the GM's I own are Chevy's and I was born in 1958. My oldest chevy is also a 58'.

Sicklajoie 01-28-2012 01:07 PM

When I used to race my # was 6X.
My sign painter put a little "SickSex" on the side of the car.
When I quit driving and started racing online my handle was SickSex.
One racing league didn't like that name (no idea why) so I hung on my last name instead and there you go it's stuck with me ever since.

MusicMan70 01-28-2012 01:11 PM

Well I'm in a band and my GMC is a 70...now about my avatar....

into69z 01-28-2012 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well...............I was looking for something "clever and catchy" to put on a personal license plate and started messing around with the year of my truck(1969). So I came up with "into69z" and I had to explain to the Cali DMV it meant "I was into restoring 1969 trucks.;)..........got the plates and joined this forum.:metal:........a problem I didn't think through though was the fact my wife refused to ride in the truck with that plate.....I changed it to a regular plate now!

PAWS 72 01-28-2012 01:22 PM

it was my wifes fathers truck so when we wanted to drive it we called it Paws truck.its a 72 also

Sicklajoie 01-28-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by into69z (Post 5151217)
well...............I was looking for something "clever and catchy" to put on a personal license plate and started messing around with the year of my truck(1969). So I came up with "into69z" and I had to explain to the Cali DMV it meant "I was into restoring 1969 trucks.;)..........got the plates and joined this forum.:metal:........a problem I didn't think through though was the fact my wife refused to ride in the truck with that plate.....I changed it to a regular plate now!

Well that's a bummer! My wife likes my plate. ;)
I can't believe that no one took the idea of my plate before, or that the CT DMV gave it to me. Someone there must've been in a good mood that day!
http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/98...600x600Q85.jpg

C10 - C90 Bill 01-28-2012 01:34 PM

Mine covers everything I like and everything I have driven through the years.

(Plus "GMC1000 - GMC9500 Bill" was just too long of a name, lol)

Bill

NoNeck 01-28-2012 01:37 PM

Mine has nothing to do with trucks. I was a defensive lineman for my High School football team. The Athletic Department couldn't afford decent uniforms or pads for the team, so we had to use old, outdated equipment to suit out for games. My senior year, I had to wear the largest shoulder pads that I have ever seen. As we took the field on our first game all my team mates started making fun of my pads and calling me "Noneck". The nickname stuck.

Wayne